Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and President Trump teamed up Wednesday to blast an NBC News report detailing a supposed rift between them, with the top diplomat adamantly denying that he considered resigning – and the president calling on the network to apologize.
"The @NBCNews story has just been totally refuted by Sec. Tillerson and @VP Pence. It is #FakeNews. They should issue an apology to AMERICA!" Trump tweeted after Tillerson rejected key details of the report in a rare response from the State Department.
The NBC News report had said Tillerson considered resigning over the summer amid disagreements with the White House.
“There’s never been a consideration in my mind,” Tillerson told reporters, in a previously unscheduled statement.
Source: Fox News