McConnell Blames Pelosi for Sabotoging Stimulus Negotiations

Gage Skidmore from Surprise, AZ, United States of America via Wikimedia Commons

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of sabotaging the negotiations to get Americans another stimulus package.

According to Town Hall:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell did not hold back Wednesday morning when he accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of “sabotaging negations” over her refusal to lower unemployment benefits.

Over the past few weeks, Republicans and Democrats have been involved in heated debates over what to include in the next stimulus package, with both sides not budging on certain key features. The Democrats have been obstinate regarding the controversial nature of those on unemployment benefitting from the taxing of essential workers.

“The only reason I concede that Speaker Pelosi and the Democratic Leader would sabotage negotiations is if as some concluded when they killed police reform in June, they actually think bipartisan progress for the country would hurt their own political chances,” said McConnell. “That’s why I said a few days ago that we’d quickly learn whether the American people would be getting the responsible Democratic Party from March or the cynical obstructionist Democratic Party from June.”

McConnell stated that the Republicans’ bill includes another round of cash for households, more unemployment benefits at a lower amount, another round of PPP to prevent even more layoffs, lowering the unemployment rate, providing safer working conditions for employees, and more hospital resources to combat the virus, among countless other vital features. He said the Republicans are larely seeking a bipartisan solution.

Democrats are demanding that the unemployment benefits remain at $600 a week or they will not allow the package to pass.

Tell us what you think in the comments: Should the federal government provide each unemployed American with $600 in weekly benefits.

3 1 vote
Article Rating
Kathy Sasser
Kathy Sasser
1 month ago

No the $600 added money should not continue. People are making more in unemployment than their regular pay and don’t want to go back to their jobs. As a taxpayer still trying to keep my head above water I don’t wish to have it come from my tax dollars!

Monica
Monica

I agree.

Patricia Howell
Patricia Howell
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

You are so right. The extra $600 on encourages dependence on the goverment. Which is exactly what DEMONRATS want.

Rose
Rose
1 month ago

I agree, I could see maybe 250$ extra but not 600$ . Everyone needs to remember we as taxpayers are paying for this and children and grandchildren…

Debby
Debby
Reply to  Rose

Could your family survive on $400 per month (my unemployment)

Hugh Jass
Hugh Jass
Reply to  Debby

It’s a week, not a month

Jerry Rockwell
Jerry Rockwell
Reply to  Debby

Start a gofundme but provide proof of your income? I’ll support you is you do that!

Nick1
Nick1
Reply to  Debby

You mean per week?

Christopher Streett
Christopher Streett
Reply to  Debby

If you’re only getting $400 a month you must have been working part time. Unemployment is 2/3 of your regular pay and now you want to collect $600 extra a week? No wonder you don’t agree.

RRRoger
RRRoger
Reply to  Debby

No, but if you were surviving on $600 when working,
why should you get $1000 now?

Debby
Debby

I would like to see your family live on $400 per month

Lorine
Lorine
Reply to  Debby

how about trying to get a job? By getting $600 a week, it is encouraging people to stay home and not look for a job!!

Billy Wilson
Billy Wilson
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

She is trying to buy votes by her trash talk. Who needs this adverse payment get off their collective butts there are jobs out there but when you have high school grads demanding $20 to 30,dollars as a starting pay that’s more than I made before retirement. Socialism at work. That’s what their teachers have told them to expect.

Kate
Kate
Reply to  Billy Wilson

I hear you Billy. I worked for 27 years at a hospital and didn’t even make $14.00 an hour as a secretary when they laid me off in 2013. Worked my butt off and got nothing for it. The $600 should not have been allowed the first time around. Why would you want to work when you can make more money staying home? I’m not sure who’s bright idea that was, but it was really dumb!

Debby
Debby
Reply to  Billy Wilson

I am 62 yrs old, cannot get a job because I am in the danger of covid19, and face it- employers want youngsters right out of school. I worked for 30 yrs for fed govt, but did not retire.I get $400 and the $600 I receive is the DIFFERENCE between poverty and living on the streets with my disabled husband and son. Could you live on $400 per month?

richard pastor
richard pastor
Reply to  Debby

Yes Debbie I can and I did but if you want more go get a job that will pay more. I am sure since your husband is disabled he is getting money also. as a single father I raised two children on $400 a month it was hard but we did it and one day I was getting more because my boss like my work and promoted me

Jerry Rockwell
Jerry Rockwell
Reply to  richard pastor

It was years ago. Back in the 1960’s but my parents raised a family of 9 kids on $200 a month. People that sit around feeling sorry for themselves very seldom achieve anything. Get off your duff and figure out a way to make your life better. Or sit and whine and hope that every other taxpayer in the nation will just hand you their money. Your Choice!

Jerry Rockwell
Jerry Rockwell
Reply to  Debby

You are, you just stated so! Every person is in danger of covid 19. Get a job on a farm, where all you have to do is be around chickens. There are ways, if you want them, and then there are excuses.

Kathy
Kathy
Reply to  Debby

Its not $400 per month, its per week. Unemployment is weekly and if your husband is disabled, you also get another check. There are jobs out there. Many restaurants and other businesses are looking for people to come back but they are making more on unemployment. Ridiculous!

Sandy
Sandy
Reply to  Debby

We are talking about every week, not month!!

Jerry Rockwell
Jerry Rockwell
Reply to  Billy Wilson

I started working for 62 1/2 cents per hour. Grew up very poor. But, I worked hard and am now very successful. Try not making excuses Americans, and try hard work instead. If it worked for me, it will work for you,

Paul G. Littlefield
Paul G. Littlefield
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

Kathy well said. I agree with you.

Jayne Williams
Jayne Williams

I agree!!

Henry
Henry
Reply to  Jayne Williams

How can one disagree with the correction of a weekly which is better than working?

It should not have happened at all.
It’s perfect for Democrats, keep unemplyment numbers high

Burnsy
Burnsy
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

I agree….. A local auto repair shop could not operate because their South of the Border “mechanics” collected more from Unemployment the they pay them…… Dems are dead set on destroying the Trump Economy. If you hate Trump you hate America….Vote the Dems out in November…. They don’t care about us.

D. Gattis.
D. Gattis.
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

I agree! Way to much money for doing nothing! People need to get back to work! That’s outrageous that Democrats would shoot this down! Holding this up as usual! Pelosi needs out of there! We’ve had enough of her !!

Barbie2449
Barbie2449
Reply to  D. Gattis.

The Dems philosophy is that keeping people from going back to work programs them to live off of the government in a Socialistic country. These people should be made to go back to work or cut their cushy benefits. No more discussion.

Steve Breault
Steve Breault
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

Well put and we agree 100%.

Linda Noack
Linda Noack
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

100% agree. People on unemployment are making more than I am working full time with good pay. It’s ridiculous.

kbhret
kbhret
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

If I knew the “bill” for this free money would not be levied against taxpayers for 20 years…. I might be okay with it only because I suspect most of us sane people out there will either be gone or back in diapers and won’t care anyway.
It will be nitwits out there rioting and destroying the country who will get stuck with the bill and I can totally embrace that!!!!!

cactusbob
cactusbob
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

Agreed! When that ridiculous feature was admitted to, it was made to sound like it would not be wide-spread, but we were deceived again. Now that we have seen the bad results, a big cut is essential. Be firm, GOP. Nancy and Chuck need to eat crow for a while. Their policy of having Democrat mayors allow their cities to burn is backfiring big time, and voters are catching on. Draw the line where their arch is, and hold fast. They have proved what kind of criminals they are, and we can outlast them.

Cheryl Nelson
Cheryl Nelson
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

Kathy, you are so on target with your response and I agree with you 100%.

Ruth
Ruth

I agree

Nancy Anderson
Nancy Anderson
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

I agree. They shouldn’t keep adding the $600, but they should continue unemployment payments BEYOND the limit of time, until people CAN go back to work. If they can and DON’T, then they shouldn’t get any unemployment at all from that point forward. My husband works for a very big company and they have put so many health protections into effect, that he has to go through a maze to get to his work station. BUT, they have kept working and anyone who does come down sick is sent home immediately and anyone who came into contact with them will be tested every morning of their work shift. MORE companies need to do this to keep things open for workers so they don’t have to take unemployment.

russell d remmert
russell d remmert

Kathy you are right

Tiki
Tiki

Amen!

john
john
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

There is a lot of fraud too.

Scott
Scott
Reply to  Kathy Sasser

And if you are called back to your job and refuse, your benefits are cut off. It’s simple. It’s just like any other time. You refuse work, you lose benefits. My job is talking about another month to open, and that’s not even concrete. Regular unemployment just don’t cut it, ESPECIALLY because it’s not my fault I can’t work.

Cherry Fiedler
Cherry Fiedler

I agree.

Maureen Lam
Maureen Lam

I agree.

James Furda
James Furda

Linda Rosenberger
Linda Rosenberger
Reply to  James Furda

No they do not need $600 extra. It’s too much and they won’t go back to work.

April Whitten Bauer
April Whitten Bauer
1 month ago

Do not have in to Pelosi!!

Robert Williams
Robert Williams
1 month ago

The more money you give these people the less likely they are going to go back to work and stimulate the economy. Most of these people got a raise why would they want to go back to work

Rww
USMC
Retired

Tom Collins
Tom Collins
1 month ago

I guess, because unemployment benefits will not last forever, but I agree that $600 a week, is way too much money. Of course, what do I, know, I’m 82 years old, and when I retired I was only making $300 a week.

April Whitten Bauer
April Whitten Bauer
1 month ago

Do not CAVE in to Pelosi!!

Judy Stone Martin
Judy Stone Martin
1 month ago

Need to decrease unemployment compensation to encourage people to get jobs instead of staying home and letting the government continue to support them. Employers are crying that there are not people to hire because they are so well compensated on welfare. My daughter cannot hire workers because there are hardly any applications.

Shelley
Shelley
1 month ago

I personally think we need to stop the government handouts and get people back to work! Not everyone is getting stimulus money, and those working are certainly not getting unemployment money. So this is a reward to those who want to NOT work on the backs of those who are working. It is wrong! It should only be the unemployment the states pay, no federal money. There should NOT be another stimulus! These handouts to some on the backs of others are wrong! This is not the job of the federal government. Schools have been shut down, why do they need more money? This is nothing but payoffs to certain groups and people. Stop the spending!

Paul G. Littlefield
Paul G. Littlefield
Reply to  Shelley

I agree with you, Shelley. We do not need another stimulus package. What we need is to get back in full operations and to school.
Adding trillions more to the national debt will be disastrous down the road.
Course that is what is wrong with this congress and others before is that they do not look at future consequences of their actions. They kick the can (of being responsible) down the road, letting future congresses deal with the overwhelming debt load of this country. You wish to dance on the graves of taxpayers? Then pay the piper.

Barbara
Barbara
1 month ago

No more pay outs ! Does these people no we have to
Pay this back? Pelosi just wants more in her pocket. Disgrace ! Get her and her clan out of congress and our White House senate!! Drain the swamp! Clean house’! Truth will prevail !! Thanks Mitch McConnel👍🏻

Gary Colombo
Gary Colombo
1 month ago

Unemployment benefits should equal the exact salary or wages that were being earned prior to COVID-19. And only if you lost your job due to the coronavirus situation. You should not be paid more to stay home then you were being paid to go to work. That is not only counterproductive I create a total welfare entitlement mindset and a disincentive to go back to work

Texconsin
Texconsin
Reply to  Gary Colombo

No way should they equal the exact wages. Unemployment compensation has always been at a percentage of actual wages, but never equal to. Which would lazy snowflakes rather do, if both were the same? Play video games and watch Netflix, of course!!!

Billy Wilson
Billy Wilson
1 month ago

She will turn this nation Socialist or Communist , remove her before she and her thugs tear this nation apart.

Ruth
Ruth
1 month ago

No more money these people should have lived in the 80’s..we di dc nt get a dime from the government you took another job…
They can’t even save a $1000.00 when times were going great…I dont feel sorry for them..not.even a single mom ,should have married the idiot and get child support like we did

Benjamin Schlechter
Benjamin Schlechter
1 month ago

I have employees that won’t come back to work because with the federal $600 they are making more money sitting at home. This has been extremely detrimental to my business, and I am now in the process of replacing these employees with people who want to work, End the $600 supplement! It’s killing small business

PATRIOT
PATRIOT

YEA ACCUSATIONS
& T R U T H ‘S
THAT NOTHING WILL BE DONE ABOUT BECAUSE
N O. O N E
HAS THE BALLS TO
STAND UP & DO SOMETHING ABOUT
IT
AS USUAL

Chet
Chet
1 month ago

No more payouts. Get people back to work. Don’t give in.

Michael O'Connor
Michael O'Connor
Reply to  Chet

Absolutely not and further more no omnibus arrangements either. It must be coronavirus related or don’t agree, we don’t need to waste taxpayers’s money on mail in voting. DON”T GIVE IN.

Peggy
Peggy
1 month ago

It is time for people to get back to work or reward those of us who are working.
Just give us all $600 a week and if folks want to work, fine.
They make more.
At $600 x 52 weeks or $31200 a year, that is a bargain.
Nancy and the crew make 6x that or more for nothing except padding their pockets, so what’s the problem?
They’re all on the dole…

LJ
LJ
1 month ago

NO stop the added 600 per-week unemoloyment, on the backs of “essential” workers! So we have to bust our rear ends, to the benefit of people staying home making 1000k plus per week! That’s why major demands are nowhere to be seen to open up the economy! They are getting everything they want, why demand such a thing?

Barbara Costello
Barbara Costello
1 month ago

DO NOT GIVE IN TO ANTI-AMERICA PELOSI !!!

Matt Adkins
Matt Adkins
1 month ago

As long as we continue to pay the American people more money to stay home than they would receive as their normal salary they have zero ambition to go back to work therefore we cannot get qualified help to work!

Orlando L Maiorana
Orlando L Maiorana
1 month ago

I have worked all my life until last May of 2019 when I was let go at age 87. I began my search for another job part time and could no find any. I did not apply for unemployment insurance since it did not enter my mind at the time. Now I have applied for assistance but have not heard any response yet. Social Security does not cut it due to the ever increasing inflation. Just because I am up in years, does not exclude me for any assistance like the rest who needs help. I am still capable of employment

Stokes
Stokes
1 month ago

No, the amount should be lowered or else the people will never go back to work they will just stay home & do nothing for will work for cash under the table. Basic unemployment amount plus $100/wk should be enough.

Linda U
Linda U
Reply to  Stokes

I agree Stokes, $100 over their usual unemployment should be enough. Hopefully there will be no pork in this bill.

Robert Taylor
Robert Taylor
Reply to  Linda U

Good luck with that dream. You can bet the vast majority of whatever is decided on will go to the wealthy. Did you hear about the owner who used his bailout to buy a new $300,000 sports car and partied with many other thousands?

CHARLES SUTTON
CHARLES SUTTON
1 month ago

THEY DONT NEED THE $600.00 MUST STOP NOW ALL AMERICANS NEED TO GET BACK TO WORK IF WE ALL PULL TOGETHER LIKE OUR GREAT PRESIDENT WANTS OUR ECONOMY WILL REBOUND.

Diana Deardurff
Diana Deardurff
1 month ago

No the $600 per week. It must go away and people need to go back to work. We need our country to open back up. Right now we need to wear mask and social distances so we can get the virus back under control. The country doesn’t need to be shut down again. If anything needs to be done the elderly and vulnerable need to told to shelter in place. But not the whole country again.

Elaine
Elaine
1 month ago

Nancy (MILLIONAIRE) Pelosi who has no clue about paying taxes & really working for a living of course wants the taxpayers to pay more ( ergo voting for $600 extra in unemployment $$.s) She also wants to keep people unemployed with the hope it will cause more votes for the demoncrats. (spelling is purposeful) Republicans do not let her win.

Glick p
Glick p
1 month ago

Send these people back to work. No more handouts. Pelosi will keep this up until we are finished. So she and her COMMUNIST buddies take us down. WAKE UP AMERICANS Let’s SAVE our COUNTRY. VOTE FREEDOM and the CONSTITUTION. VOTE TRUMP 2020

Ferdinand Lopez
Ferdinand Lopez
1 month ago

No. Stand in front of Pelosi and Schumer, no more abuse from the Democrats. On Nov. 3 2020, we going to the street to vote for Donald Trump and to gain back the house and keep the Senate. Without fear, vote Republican.

susan
susan
1 month ago

I live in Florida on the Space Coast. I talk to a lot of people in the area, some working, some not working, some not even looking for work because they make an additional $600/wk on top of the regular benefits. In many cases, that means they take home a healthy chunk of cash. They overwhelmingly are not looking for work because they make more staying at home. The overwhelming majority say that the government will extend benefits a couple of more times and then they’ll look for work-maybe.
There are plenty of jobs here and no applications are forthcoming. What is an employer to do?
I vote for a minimization of payments for 6 weeks. For the Demorats, that means 1 week at $600 additional, the next week at $500, the next $400. and so on, ending at $0 extra on the 7th week. People then GET A JOB!!!!!

Ken Boutell
Ken Boutell
Reply to  susan

I agree! I’m 78 and I lost my job the month Obama elected. I never received unemployment comp anywhere close to $600/wk. Out of the several times in my working life that I was laid off my wife and I found ways to raise 5 children, educate them and had as much of a survival struggle as anyone today. Granted these times are different with the virus, but if the job a person was laid off from is available they should be required to go back to work, if it isn’t then go find employment elsewhere and then, given proof of prior wages the stipend provided by any new government should be limited to previous pay total within 5% less max.
Note an old addage that there is 5% fat in any budget.

Vernon Lindblade
Vernon Lindblade
1 month ago

No they should not be getting $600.00 extra they are getting more money to riot and sit on the couch than to do what’s right and go back to work. In the meantime the country goes to crap. The dems are evil and need to be removed and tried for treason against America and the people

J. Cherry
J. Cherry
1 month ago

Absolutely not. Instead, impose an extra $50 tax each week a taxpayer remains unemployed unless certified unable to work by medical examination.

Richard
Richard
Reply to  J. Cherry

Agree with you extra tax of $50/week suggestion!

Kathy Renskers
Kathy Renskers
1 month ago

$200. A week is fine. This is added to their regular unemployment. Many have been getting more or as much not working as when working. Americans need to get back to work.
States need to open up our country, get kids back in schools, senior centers need to open, churches and youth groups back up and running again. We personally know of no one who has even tested positive…let alone ill from this, yet our county is in lock down in WA state. We DO know friends who have lost their business….not going to be opening again. Sad for them.

Jack Palmer
Jack Palmer
1 month ago

Every comment is NO! I wholeheartedly agree! As long as anyone would stay home to collect the same FREE compensation or more than when they had to work, why would they go back to work except for self respect?…and we know most don’t care about THAT!

Vern Voss
Vern Voss
1 month ago

No way. It is time for them to go to work.

Audrey Franzetta
Audrey Franzetta
1 month ago

Do not pay an additional $600. That incentivizes people to stay home and not go back to work!

C.C. Sanford
C.C. Sanford
1 month ago

I agree, 600.00 dollars a week in addition to the unemployment check is more money than most people take home in a week. If they were working full time in N.J. that is over 4000.00 a month. Why would they want to go back to work?
Some people cannot go back to work right now and they still need help but the additional 600.00 amount is crazy.
It really isn’t fair to those who are still working, some with reduced hours or rate of pay.
I’m speaking from experience.

Jenny Mills
Jenny Mills

Jenny Mills
Jenny Mills
1 month ago

I’m 60 years old and I work two jobs just to keep my bills paid. I don’t get any stimulus because apparently making $15,500 a year is too much for an old lady to be taking home. And I also get slapped with $1800.00 in taxes every year. It sucks but I do it. Maybe these people that are at home watching tv and collecting $600. A week should get off their butts and get back to work. They are an embarrassment.

ROY S. MALLMANN
ROY S. MALLMANN
1 month ago

Everybody needs to go back to work, regardless. Some people will catch this COVID-19 but they will catch it if they are working or even not working. By not working, our country will sink deeper into debt as will the working people who cannot keep up on their expenses which the government can not pay. Everybody must wear a mask or a face shield. A proper face shield is more comfortable and you can ad a hair net type hat to attach to it like the nurses wear. Along with reasonable hand washing and spraying something like Lysol spray on computers and work stations, it should prevent contamination. The Chinese have been wearing masks daily for years, so that should show you it can be done. Breathing through a mask is a strain but if you use a face shield coupled with a piece of filter material that drapes around your shoulders it will stop almost all contamination. It is not that hard to do. Look at the nurses running around the hospitals with the face shields and coverings. It is not that hard.

Pam B.
Pam B.
1 month ago

So a reduced amount of $200-$400, split the difference say $300 is fine from someone who has benefited from the $600. I’ll still be unemployed for awhile taking care of sibling with serious health issues until its safe to move her to long term care. Being responsible with the federal budget is paramount but I’d really be up a creek without the extra financial help.

Sara Horvath
Sara Horvath
1 month ago

No way! Nobody will have the incentive to get off their asses and get jobs! It should be $300 a week

Janet
Janet
1 month ago

Enough is enough. There are jobs available if people really want to work. It might not be what they want, but it would put food on the table. But why work if you can get something for nothing! Where are peoples pride and self worth?

Dennis Kroger
Dennis Kroger
1 month ago

She and the other Democrats are determined to totally crash the economy and make as many people as possible dependent on government money in hopes of winning all elections this November, and the real problem is that the millennials and the Gen-Xers don’t want to work. They want the government to support them with magical money that comes from ‘somewhere’.

Jimbo
Jimbo
1 month ago

Make the politicians take a 50% cut in pay until they resolve all these issues. They are not hurting so what do they care how long this drags on. This is all fuel for the democrats to blame it all on President Trump. Stop the BS and get things done or resign.

cactusbob
cactusbob
Reply to  Jimbo

Careful what you ask for. If their pay was cut, they’d settle tomorrow, and we’d be stuck for the results. In November, the voters can resign them – and all Democrats should be canned. They have planned this entire wasted 4 years, the Covid deaths, and the bad-mouthing of HCQ that could have saved most of them.

Timbuktu58
Timbuktu58
1 month ago

Whether the reason was economy, poor performance, or pandemic impact, it is still unemployment.
The unemployed are covered with State Unemployment Funds and deserve that, and only that.
The extra $600 per week is a gold mine for most of them that needs to be terminated immediately.

Think, the $600 per week is more than what 80 to 85% of the people on Social Security receive today.
If it is not terminated for the unemployed, it should be disbursed to those on Social Security also.

robert
robert
1 month ago

say NO to pelosi and spit in her face.

Barbara Hogge
Barbara Hogge
1 month ago

I have a granddaughter who states she is getting more than she gets from her regulate work and does not
want to go back to work because she is in essense getting paid to stay home. These benefits really outweight
her salary yet she does not have enough to meet her obligations. She is living beyond her means with this new money each week. I am retired and sure wish I could get this extra $600 weekly. SS does not cut it.

Norma
Norma
1 month ago

I know for a fact people who have not returned because they are making more not returning to work. So 200. Is fine.

Mary Purington
Mary Purington
1 month ago

No more $600. $200 is plenty and even then I make the same as i made on my job. Leave it to the Dems to screw things up!!

Wanda Whitney
Wanda Whitney
1 month ago

NO. Don’t give in to the Dems demands. They are wanting to set up a socialist nation which is abhorrent to the principles the nation upon which it was founded.

D.L. Bradbury
D.L. Bradbury
1 month ago

$600 add on is far too much for unemployment benefits. As everyone knows, that amount discourages working for wages.

Robert
Robert

NO… They are no longer Dems… They are full blown Commies
They want too destroy America any way they can..

Robert Manson
Robert Manson
1 month ago

Absolutely No! The $600 added money should not continue. I don’t want any more of my hard-earned money going to this giveaway, because many people are now making more in unemployment than from their regular pay! And many then will not go back to their old jobs.

By submitting this form, I hereby consent to TrumpTrainNews.com’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which permits TrumpTrainNews.com and its affiliates to contact me.

People, Places & Things