Trump Calls for Boycott of Goodyear Over Their Ban on Workers Wearing MAGA Gear

Gage Skidmore via Wikimedia Commons

A report indicating that the tire company Goodyear Tire outlawed employees from wearing MAGA attire has prompted President Trump to call for a boycott of the company.

According to Fox Business:

The president’s tweet comes after Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company’s zero-tolerance policy was made public.

A Goodyear employee at a plant in Topeka, Kan., shared a slide that he said came from the company’s corporate office in Akron, Ohio. The slide, reported by WIBW, showed two categories: Acceptable and Unacceptable.

Under “Acceptable” were Black Lives Matter (BLM) and Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Pride (LGBT).

Under “Unacceptable” were Blue Lives Matter, All Lives Matter, MAGA and politically affiliated slogans or material.

Goodyear responded following Trump’s tweet where they stated that the policy visual was not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate.

Lisa K Larson
Lisa K Larson
1 year ago

UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I will be boycotting Goodyear – no “Blue Lives Matter” but “Black Lives Matter” is OK? NO WAY! No MAGA? No WAY!

These companies won’t learn unless boycotts hit them in their pocketbooks!

#MAGA #Trump2020

Richard
Reply to  Lisa K Larson

Goodyear can take a flying leap, sounds like they promote violence siding with BLM and Antifa. They are not the only people who manufacture tires.

Reply to  Richard

Hercules brand or Cooper tires over perform, have road hazard, and are around 50-67% of the cost of Goodyear tires.

dennis taylor
dennis taylor
Reply to  Richard

Why would GY side with the left when commiecrats don’t really buy that many tires? A lot of them can’t even drive or are forbidden to do so by law.This is a classic case of the left being bad for business especially when you allow the left to infiltrate your business.

Billy Wilson
Billy Wilson
Reply to  dennis taylor

Because they idiots in charge.

Richard Hennessy
Richard Hennessy
Reply to  Lisa K Larson

I don’t know the truth of whether Goodyear listed BLM and gay promotion items as acceptable, but Second Vote appears to list Goodyear as having a politically neutral company policy. I will not boycott Goodyear until I know more of the fact. I do boycott companies that support leftist causes and organizations. I do rely on Second Vote.

Myrtle Hendley
Myrtle Hendley
1 year ago

Boycott until the truth comes out which it will because they are probably lying to cover their butts.

Fed Up WIth Liberal Activist "Judges"
Fed Up WIth Liberal Activist "Judges"
1 year ago

Precisely. However, if Goodyear doesn’t take strong action to DISavow the message, vocally and publicly so, I’d still be inclined to lean towards somebody that doesn’t have such internal issues.

Naomi Clemts
Naomi Clemts
Reply to  Lisa K Larson

I am boycotting Goodyear tire’s Trump 2020

Mar
Mar
Reply to  Lisa K Larson

Before you make certain that they are not Goodyear products marketed under another name. Dunlop, Kelly, etc. Goodyear makes the profit and they don’t deserve one more American dollar.

Myrtle Hendley
Myrtle Hendley
Reply to  Lisa K Larson

Amen

Robert
Robert
Reply to  Myrtle Hendley

I’ll never ever buy another Goodyear product !

P W
P W
1 year ago

It would not be an issue for them to ban certain clothing if they were doing it across the board but since they are not I would side with Trump. When I read the headline I thought Trump was being too harsh, but after seeing the list of acceptable items for BLM, etc. then it became clear why the issue came up.

Billy Q
Billy Q
1 year ago

This is a preview of things to come if the Commie Democancer Nazi party gets power and it will only get worse until Civil War

Reply to  Billy Q

REVILWAR.

Myrtle Hendley
Myrtle Hendley
Reply to  Billy Q

People have had about all they are going to take of this BS they are pushing, and I feel there will be a revolution to settle it. But I also believe these things are just adding up to the return of Christ.

Dr Barbara Embry
Dr Barbara Embry
1 year ago

Sooo Goodyear corporate said they didn’t make or distribute the visual policy.
Did they make it or not? I’d like to know.

1 year ago

They obviously approved of it!

Myrtle Hendley
Myrtle Hendley
1 year ago

It just didn’t appear out of thin air. An old saying, “Where there is smoke, there is fire”

Kat Welch
Kat Welch
1 year ago

Here is one of several websites that shows the slide, and the response from Goodyear: “Goodyear is committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful workplace where all of our associates can do their best in a spirit of teamwork. As part of this commitment, we do allow our associates to express their support on racial injustice and other equity issues but ask that they refrain from workplace expressions, verbal or otherwise, in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party as well as other similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of equity issues.”

Kat Welch
Kat Welch
Reply to  Kat Welch

Problem with this statement from Goodyear is, I don’t remember ‘Blue lives Matter’, and ‘All Lives Matter’ being a “political Party”!!!!

Lisa
Lisa
Reply to  Kat Welch

As the parent of a federal officer Goodyear I think knows what they can do with their tires and their policy.

Last edited 1 year ago by Lisa
MikefromTexas
MikefromTexas
1 year ago

I won’t be buying their tires anymore.

Texx
Texx
1 year ago

It makes those Japanese tires look a whole lot better.

Reply to  Texx

Hercules or cooper tires over perform and are at least a 1/3 cheaper!

F F Tramutola Jr.
F F Tramutola Jr.
1 year ago

GOODYEAR was once an ALL AMERICAN COMPANY. NOW THEY ARE TERRORIST SUPPORTERS. Many BETTER CHOICES. BUY ANYTHING BUT GOODYEAR.

Raymond A Martucci
Raymond A Martucci
1 year ago

Good year can go take their business elsewhere since they don’t like this country. I make sure not to buy their crappy tires. Since they are not American no longer they don’t belong here

Naomi Clemts
Naomi Clemts

I agree.with you

Moe
Moe
1 year ago

I will never purchase goodyear tires ever again

Meathead
Meathead
1 year ago

Ban is ridiculous. Is article a fraud?
I wear a Trump Hat everywhere I go and will be voting for him in November. Darn sure not a Dumbascrap!
A company has a right to dictate a “Dress Code” for their employees and President Trump is probably well aware of this.

Reply to  Meathead

You missed the point. Read the story again!

Robert Taylor
Robert Taylor
Reply to  Meathead

How do you explain the dress code for BLM.

JoAnne
JoAnne
1 year ago

I will not support companies that don’t support our police. There are other tire companies out there – buy Bridgestone, Michelin, Dunlop, BF Goodrich, and many others.

Jane G
Jane G
1 year ago

Was going to call them today …. no more Goodyear Tires for me!

Auntcon
Auntcon
1 year ago

This is pathetic when a major US company shows total disrespect for OUR president!

Ross Skelton
1 year ago

Screw anti American Goodyear.
VOTE EVERY DEMONRAT AND RINO OUT
OF OFFICE…YOUR FREEDOM DEPENDS ON IT.

Charlie Prince Jr.
Charlie Prince Jr.
1 year ago

No more Goodyear for me, are these people losing their mind?

Bill A
1 year ago

Goodyear is run by ignorant fools, they want American citizens to purchase their products, yet they support the people trying to destroy America ! The management of Goodyear have offended, and lost the support of me and millions of Americans,by supporting BLM and degrading the police men and women across this country !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Wilson
Billy Wilson
Reply to  Bill A

Time they went broke.

Wedg
Wedg
1 year ago

Goodyear stated they didn’t make the list. Some rotten lying, cheating demonrats, up to no good as usual is the ones who need to be shamed.

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  Wedg

Remains to be seen….Goodyear should go public BIG TIME if they are being sabotaged by a disgruntled person!

Reply to  Wedg

Yet they approved the list!

Helga
Helga
1 year ago

Goodyear has their Priorities all screwed up! This comes from management and we have no doubt that they think Twitter reflects America! What they find unacceptable is exactly what we believe. Sad, but also petty! The President didn’t have to say it, we already got it!

General Patton
General Patton
1 year ago

GOODYEARyou can kiss my All-American ass, 6 members of my family will NEVER buy your products again!!———

Carole Nice
Carole Nice
1 year ago

I bet they let them wear BLM gear.

Reply to  Carole Nice

Read the story.

Ruckweiler
Ruckweiler
1 year ago

Goodyear is thoroughly infiltrated by these leftists forgetting that these lefties hate corporate America.

Birdygirl
Birdygirl
1 year ago

Nice to know! I’ll be buying tires within the next 3 months. Too bad Goodyear, that’s what I had, but not what I will get.

Big Bart
Big Bart
Reply to  Birdygirl

I need tires as well for 2 cars, Goodyear just lost out!
Never use thier products again!

Reply to  Birdygirl

Discount tires direct. Look up Hercules brand and cooper tires.

rickzilla
rickzilla
1 year ago

That’s a disgusting policy. Clearly discriminates against Trump and Law Enforcement. I was in the process of buying 4 new tires from Goodyear for my classic Mustang, but that has now changed. I will buy from a competitor like Firestone, BF Goodrich or Uniroyal instead. Thank you for bringing these travesty to my attention.

Mario Locasto
1 year ago

What happened to freedom of choice What gives Goodyear the right to choose how people express their opinions or their political views. Companies that only require their misguided opinions on political agendas and force their employees to at hear to your values and opinionated views. Is this only for y’all liberals democrats and not for other. Maybe y’all should re-evaluate that because you’re the boss your not a dictator.
THE SOLUTION IS SIMPLE LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE WHAT’S GOOD FOR THE ONE SHOULD BE GOOD FOR ALL. Political views should be left at home and not the work place.

Namvet
Namvet
1 year ago

Goodyear’s insane policy indicates how the poison of marxism has infiltrated once proud american companies. Fellow patriots, we cannot brush off companies doing business in our great country with policies not allowing employees freedom of choice and association. I pledge with our great president the boycott of Goodyear products. Join us if you love America the beautiful! MAGA 2020

Mandy Martin
Mandy Martin
1 year ago

Yep! Boycott will be happening right now at our house, because I need a new set of tires!!!

Old Gringo
Old Gringo
1 year ago

Pass the word….Goodyear tires are no longer acceptable to “We The People”…We don’t need commies telling us what we can and can not wear in public or at work…Goodyear has showed themselves to be a biased corporation of the radical left…Okay…then “We The People” have the right to boycott their tires and give em the middle finger for their biased and stupid actions…Pass the word…No more Goodyear tires on any of our vehicles…It is now considered a sin to sport their tires.

Joe Field
Joe Field
1 year ago

U must be fkg crazy,GOODYEAR, GOOD BYE/GOOD RIDDENS That u just cost yourself a fortune, morons.

Josephine Lara
Josephine Lara
Reply to  Joe Field

AGREE, CUZ IF THIS WERE NOT TRUE THEY WOULD HAVE EVERY TV STATION AND NON FAKE NEWS BLASTING THAT ITS A LIE!

Old Gringo
Old Gringo

Awaiting approval…for what?

Richard Hennessy
Richard Hennessy
1 year ago

I disagree with President Trump on this one. As a conservative, I believe generally a business should be allowed to make reasonable requirements of its employees to convey the impression the business desires. I prefer businesses that don’t convey a political position, but instead offer good products or services. If these employees were to wear clothing that conveys a promotion of liberal politicians or causes, I would be inclined to boycott the business, and the employer has a right and is reasonable in wanting to avoid an impression of politicizing its operations.

Namvet
Namvet
1 year ago

Richard, are you tone deaf? Read the Goodyear policy of accepted clothing and symbols vs.the banned items i.e.Blue Lives Matter, MAGA et.al.

Cal
Cal
Reply to  Namvet

Namvet. You sure know how to say something so obvious but politely.
He probably even wears his mask in the shower.

Namvet
Namvet
Reply to  Cal

Thanks Cal. Can’t understand why some don’t see the obvious. Kinda like your mask analogy

1 year ago

Goodyear tires are overpriced and underperforming. Their like Remington guns. If you want a quality tire buy Hercules brand or cooper tires. If you want a good gun look at savage. If you want a good inexpensive self-defense pistol buy a sccy 9mm with red dot or a high point in 9mm or 45acp.

sam hill
sam hill
1 year ago

I would go along with Goodyear banning ALL gear,but when it’s selective banning, I’m very much against it.Both my auto and RV needs new tires this year,and I can assure them it won’t be a Goodyear tire this time.

DeeDee
1 year ago

What a disgrace…An American company supporting a terrorist organization. Just another Anti-American company added to my list of loser companies to not do business with. When I get my next leases for my two new cars in December…if the tires are Goodyear. No signed lease unless they are changed to tires by a company that is Pro American. Blue Lives Matter and GO TRUMP 2020 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dale Goodman
1 year ago

That’s corporate BS – No Goodyear for me or mine !!

Wally Price
Wally Price
1 year ago

Hey Goodyear. Why don’t you just go ahead and alienate half of your customers.

Mike Roether
Mike Roether
1 year ago

I’ve purchased nothing but Michelin tires for my company and personal use since 1957.
Goodyear biting the hands that feed. Shame on them!

Al C
Al C
1 year ago

Looks like my next set of tires will be Cooper!

FED UP
FED UP
1 year ago

YEA,YEA,YEA, DENY, DENY, DENY…
.”.YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME AND ALL OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME, BUT YOU CAN NOT FOOL ‘ALL’ OF THE PEOPLE ‘ALL’ OF THE TIME” –Abraham Lincoln

alicia Cervera
1 year ago

So why cant people express their first azmendment Rights????
Bye Goodyear!!!

Anthony Myers
Anthony Myers
1 year ago

Goodyear claims they did not create or distribute the policy. I will not boycott Goodyear until I do more research. I support Trump, but I like to do my own research. This could have easily been created by a disgruntled employee.

Namvet
Namvet
Reply to  Anthony Myers

Hey Anthony, let us know what your “research” turns up… by the way do you support law and order? Do you support kneeling during our national anthem? Just asking…

Cal
Cal
Reply to  Anthony Myers

Goodyear knows. I dont need to research. I need them to come out and explain this policy. Until then BANNED

Josephine Lara
Josephine Lara
Reply to  Anthony Myers

iF THAT WERE THE CASE WITH ALL THEIR $$$$$ A DENIAL WOULD BE ON EVERY NEWS STATION OR TV………………..FORGET THE FAKERS THEY LOVE THIS BS!

1 year ago

Bye bye Goodyear. I will no longer purchase your tires.

Always Thinking
Always Thinking

I get Kumo anyway. Or Firestone

Nancy Anderson
Nancy Anderson
1 year ago

At the bottom of the article, Goodyear claims that they did not create or distribute this list. If they didn’t, then where did it come from.? I would like to see them prove that they did not have this as a policy. Show us what their policy IS, if it isn’t this.

MJB
MJB
1 year ago

Time to buy Firestone, Michelin, Cooper, Hercules… ANYTHING but Goodyear!

Goodyear owns the following brands:

• Goodyear
• Dunlop
• Kelly
• Douglas

Barbara A Hiatt
Barbara A Hiatt
Reply to  MJB

Thanks for this info.

maxibaby
maxibaby
1 year ago

It surely didn’t take Goodyear stock long to start a downward trend!
I wouldn’t have been so enraged if they had banned ALL political items from both parties but, it is so unfair for rich powerful companies to try and influence the elections in a biased way and in this case Goodyear has also condemned our American principles by being against law enforcement and for the marxist domestic terrorists! By now, I believe most people of average intelligence have figured out the riots have nothing to do with social justice and everything to do with the destruction of our country!
This is the same thing Americans from BOTH parties should loudly condemn as being the same thing Russia, China, North Korea. and other countries are guilty of. This, of course, is worse since it is a American Corporation!
Goodyear corporate has denied this came from them……..if true, they should be loudly broadcasting it to the American people. This is going to “bigly” hurt them in the wallet!

Myrtle Hendley
Myrtle Hendley
1 year ago

It is now time for me to buy 4 new tires and am so glad that I saw this. WILL NOT buy Goodyear ever again and hope the boycott really hurts their profit margin.

william
1 year ago

Won’t find me buying anything “Goodyear” any more. BLM over Blue is not Acceptable to me. When BLM starts condeming all the killing in Chicago I’ll believe they do care.

Edward
Edward
1 year ago

I always purchased Goodyear tires for my performance cars. Well, I will buy from Cooper or some other brand not related to Goodyear.

Lynn D Meyer
Lynn D Meyer
1 year ago

Hankook tires will be getting my business from now on. BLM and LGBTQ is okay? Not in my world. Goodbye Goodyear.

dennis taylor
dennis taylor
1 year ago

Goodyear had better fire their CEO fast before over half the their costumers disappear.I won’t be buying any of their products ever again unless they back track fast.