Tucker Carlson Reveals if He Will Leave Fox News

Gage Skidmore Flickr

Fox News Tucker Carlson has set the record straight about his future at Fox News and according to the conservative star, he doesn’t plan on going anywhere.

Carlson even said that Fox News wants more of him, not less.

According to Town Hall:

Fox News’s Tucker Carlson took a moment out of his program on Monday evening to address concerns that he was leaving the network. The statement came after a doctored post circulated on social media over the weekend, which showed a fake screenshot of what seemed to be Carlson on a Parler account announcing that he would be starting at another outlet next month.

“Over the weekend we got a lot of calls asking if we’re leaving Fox News. Ironically, at that very moment we were working on a project to expand the amount of reporting and analysis we do in this hour across other parts of the company,” he explained. “This show is not going anywhere, it’s getting bigger. People who run Fox News want more of it, not less, and we are grateful for that. We’ll have specifics soon.”

“Tucker Carlson Tonight” averaged 5.36 million viewers in October and its monthly average was the highest of any show in cable news history, according to Fox News.

The statement from Carlson comes as many viewers have lost trust in the network over its election coverage, including calling Arizona despite the race coming down to a razor thin margin and projecting Democrats would pick up seats in the House, which they acknowledged they were wrong about. Beyond that, host Neil Cavuto upset viewers when he cut away from White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany’s press conference on alleged voter fraud.

Carlson has addressed the controversy claiming you can’t just cut away from news you don’t like. The Democrats screamed fraud, without evidence, for 4 years without any pushback. Apparently the double standard exists even at Fox, and the network has a long way to go if it ever expects to regain some of the views it has lost.

Rebelguy19
Rebelguy19

He cut off Candace, Said Trump needs to show the evidence to him? Sounds like he Sold out also ! Trump does not need to show the lame Street media anything!

Jeanette Starkey
Jeanette Starkey
Reply to  Rebelguy19

Wonder who bought him off.Hes getting delusional too people are leaving Fox and going to Newsmax.Bye Tucker Traiters dont set well with true American patriots.

Terry

Tucker DID’NT say that! I watched it! He halfway interrupted her and said “WE don’t have that PROOF, so we cannot Report it’s Fact until we’ve had a chance to see these documents the attorneys have”. At that point I told my wife, “OF COURSE THEYRE NOT GOING TO RELEASE THEIR PROOF BEFORE COURT OR THE OPPOSING SIDE WOULD HAVE TIME TO CREATE A DEFENSE”

Reply to  Rebelguy19

He DID NOT say that you liberal troll

OldestSeaDog
OldestSeaDog

Sorry Tucker, YOU and FOX NEWS are dead to me and my family and friends.
Tucker staying at Fox news means his viewership will be going down the drain.
You can only lie, mislead and feed communist properganda for so long before conservatives and republicans wise up to the communist owners of fox news and know ….FOX NEWS is not for 70 MILLION PLUS AMERICANS, that want communists out of this country.

DawnieR
DawnieR
Reply to  OldestSeaDog

Instead of giving FAUX ‘news’ the ratings…..you CAN watch Tucker vids on other websites.

Reply to  OldestSeaDog

D MacKAY
D MacKAY

Thanks for the update saves me from wasting time watching Fox

Reply to  D MacKAY

John

Fox news is going Left

jimdady
jimdady
Reply to  John

Going?

Beltway Bandit846
Beltway Bandit846
Reply to  jimdady

It “Left” us a long time ago.

Michael
Michael
Reply to  jimdady

Been there for quite a while.

Reply to  jimdady

They have gone left and as far as I am concerned, Fox does not exist!

jmg
jmg
Reply to  John

yup , there is right [ true and correct ] and left ,behind .

Frances Weingarten
Frances Weingarten

It’s good to know that Tucker Carlson isn’t going anywhere any time soon!!

jjjjj

Matters NOT to those of us who have left Fox for good. When we needed their support, they deserted us for the Left, so let them enjoy being the bottom of the barrel in ratings. Hopefully someone will buy Fox and totally clean house. Want to bet where the leftist on Fox will go?

gramma
Reply to  jjjjj

The following take the dredges of TV personalities, CNN and MSNBC. Think Major Garrett and Allison Caramotta(sp?). just happened to see them one day while channel hopping!

Dar
Dar

Sorry to say but fox stinks now!! I love Tucker and Hannity but I have left the fox people behind for the crap they have done to our president who was so good to them!!! I like news network much better! More honest!! Tucker and Hannity need to make the Change too?!!

MARY ANN BURUCHIAN
Reply to  Dar

WHAT IS IT WITH THE PEOPLE ON FOX NEWS SPEAKING AT A RATE OF 9O MILES AN HOUR THAT BECOMES INAUDIBLE?STEVE DUCEY SHOULD SAY GOOD-BYE AND SO SHOULD JEDF. – THEY SPEAK100MILES A MINUTE AND ALWAYS . INTERRUPT THEIR GUESTS. JED HAS GOT THE MOST HORRIBLE VOICE TONE-HIGH PITCHED. GRIFF IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND. BRIAN SHOULD NOT READ HIS DIALOGUE. BEST ONE IS PETER AND THE OTHER FELLA.. JED IS A PHONY WITH HER FAKE SMILE. LATELY IT IS HARD TO WATCH……….

john berry
john berry

FIRE Chris k/a Wallace NOW

Maybe you need to see an Ear, Nose Throat physician. I hear them fine

Rosemary Loven
Rosemary Loven
Reply to  Dar

And Mark Levin, Greg Gutfeld, Maria Bartiromo, Laura Ingraham, and Steve Hilton. I also liked Bill Hemmer, who seemed to be a straight news guy.

Reply to  Dar

Noe Rodriguez

I believe that the people his talking about are the lost customers from CNN, MSNBC, and others.

Michael
Michael
Reply to  Noe Rodriguez

Good grief. I stopped CNN right after the Iraq war when they showed our fighters and bombers raining hell. Best free intel the US ever had. MSNBC very shortly there after when Morning Joe became inflatuated (pun intended) with Mika. She has always been a flake. But then so was her old man. I been gone from the alphabet channels for a long time.

So it is on to Newsmax and One America News.

Cuzie
Cuzie

I saw that, and I honestly don’t get it. I don’t get Fox at all any more. How can they have all liberals during the day, that keep parroting the same mantra, “No evidence”, over and over again, and cutting off anybody who even comes close to suggesting there was fraud or a problem with machines, then, in the evening, have Tucker, Hannity, and Laura telling truth? And now, Tucker’s coverage will be expanding in some way on Fox? I am confused. Also, I was a little unsettled at Tucker’s reluctance to give credence to the massive evidence that these attorneys are uncovering and talking about, (where they’re allowed to). I thought he would make more effort to dig into the truth. If he did, it wasn’t evident. I no longer trust Fox, so I am waiting to see what comes of this. If Tucker becomes a sell-out just to maintain power and fame at Fox, I’ll dump him like a hot potato. My advice to Tucker is to watch his back there. Don’t put too much trust in Fox’s promises. Anyone who would stab half their audience in the back they way they did on election night is just not honorable.

Michael
Michael
Reply to  Cuzie

They are trying to recover some of the massive lost audience.

All it’s going to do is make the ad spots really expensive during Tucker time.

Expect more Tucker time but also a lot more ad time.

Reply to  Cuzie

All the so-called conservatives with either toe the leftist line or will be dumped. This is the future and not a pretty one.

Grace
Grace

Fox shot itself in the foot and you can bet they are clinging to Tucker and Hannity. All the rest are window dressing. Must be eerie over there with sides drawn between the Never Trumpers, the left and the right, all exposed during the election. This crack in the dam has left room for the great new Newbies like OAN and Newsmax. A place to go when Juan gets too obnoxious and takes over The Five.

JP Halegan
JP Halegan

T’will be difficult for my lady and I to return to 24-7 Fox News in our home … we love Tucker, Sean and Laura plus Dana, Dagen, Greg and Jesse … we tune in from NewsMax when they’re on. But, not when Chris and his ilk are on.

Philip Byler
Philip Byler
Reply to  JP Halegan

You mean Commie Chris.

Reply to  JP Halegan

Fox deserted me and I have deserted them. WILL NOT WATCH ANY FOX NO MATTER WHO IS ON. I FOUND SEVERAL MUCH BETTER ALTERNATIVES. I hope Fox enjoys being at the bottom of the ratings; it’s where they are headed.

Robert Francis Lyle
Robert Francis Lyle

one of a handful of “news” people who actually try to report and not ignore conservative features Still like Newsmax more. Hate CNN the champion of all things liberal and radical

Cowgirl Diva
Cowgirl Diva

Heads up, Tucker….After what Fox News has done to their faithful, loyal Conservative viewers, it doesn’t matter if you stay or go..!! Fox News soiled themselves….then died….then went straight to HE//…!! WE WON’T BE TUNING IN…!! God Bless America..!!

DawnieR
DawnieR

Mmmmmmm…..yeah; FAUX is sending mixed msgs! They’re CLEARLY Anti-Trump, yet…..”People who run Fox News want more of it, not less….”???? They’ve fired Judge Jeanine Pirro. The only ones getting any ratings (and WORTH watching) are Tucker and Lou Dobbs. Otherwise, FAUX is TOAST! Anti-American, America-hating, Trump-hating BURNT TOAST!

Mandy Martin
Mandy Martin

Trump and Tucker could start their own station and name it TRUCKER😘

Michael
Michael
Reply to  Mandy Martin

I’d tune in.

Reply to  Mandy Martin

Ha, ha! Love it! =:D

JP Halegan
JP Halegan

Ooops! Forgot to add Tyrus, The Foxs & Friends troupe, Lou Dobbs and Lawrence Jones!!!!!! Please move to AONN or NewsMax en mass!!!!

claire
claire

I adore Tucker, Hannity and Ingraham; Fox & Friends; and The Five. But as far as I’m concerned I don’t listen to any of the others any more. Their loyalty to us has gone down the tubes. The leftist son now running the network is losing viewers. Tucker may be saying he’s staying for now, but wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves anyway. It’s such a shame cause I was a huge Fox fan. Have switched over to NewsMax as have many of my friends once they found out there was another “conservative” news network available to watch. CNN, MSNBC and the other fake media aren’t worth a minute of my time. Trump is right…it has been Fake News for 4 years and those people are nasty, nasty, nasty.

Margie Tiritilli
Margie Tiritilli

Fox is begging for the Communist News Network, CNN, and MSNBC, who spends their time pouring filth on anyone who isn’t a left-wing radical – hoping to be taken under their wings. Newsmax is far superior to Fox and its lefty hosts. Mark Levin, Sean Hannity and , Steve Hilton should consider leaving the immature Murdoch brothers faux news station for Newsmax. As for Tucker, he still seems Conservative, but if Fox is looking to expand his program – then watch out. It likely will not be Conservative.

Rita A Schultz
Rita A Schultz

Tucker’s show is one of the shows that is keeping fox afloat

CaptTurbo
CaptTurbo

Love Tucker but he needs to leave FOX as soon as his contract is up. The action will be going to Newsmax or whichever entity that President Trump takes control of.

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl

The reason that the personalities that keep FOX afloat won’t leave is because the others can’t pay them what FOX does. Look at Sean’s salary.

Rhesa F. Cook
Rhesa F. Cook

Keep going strong Carlson as I love what you say & write. It’s the best news I have ever heard plus Hannity. You are both excellent reporters and TV men.

Diane M Butkiewicz

I have stop watching Fox News on TV except for Tucker & Mario B.(Sun. 7:00 am Pacific Time).

Watch your back Tucker. Lachlan Murdock and Suzanne Scott can’t be trusted. They are liberal hacks and they will ultimately destroy Fox News. Roger Ailes is turning over in his grave.

Reply to  Casey

Fox is toast. They totally underestimated their customer base and the price is now theirs to pay.

Larry

I think I heard or read that Georgr Soros is actually behing “Parler” – nothing surprises me nowdays!

Beltway Bandit846
Beltway Bandit846
Reply to  Larry
Erleebird
Erleebird
Reply to  Larry

Say it isn’t so! If Soreass is behind it’s got to be commie!

RufusVonDufus
RufusVonDufus

So where do you think Tucker with his well-known conservative bent could go? Which of the leftist networks would want him? Fox wants him to stay in order to maintain some semblance of good ratings. I hope he stays as I will tune into him at least until he morphs into one of those useless leftists like Doocy and Kilmeade.

Reply to  RufusVonDufus

Move to NewsMax and OANN. You will find that you will not miss Fox. I switched and haven’t regretted it a bit.

cat
cat

Left fox a while ago. Cant stand their change over to the left. Now I watch NewsMax instead. So much better.

Beltway Bandit846
Beltway Bandit846

I really hope you change your mind. We love your show, most of the time, and watch it regularly. However, we really are otherwise fed up with Fox, so we may have to leave you too. We understand your position, and we all hope you understand ours as well.

Perhaps when Trump, Inc. soon buys Communist Network News (CNN) and changes it to Trump Network News, you will come over to them.

Michael
Michael

Tucker, I watched you when I could.

I could see that FOX has been dying of a cancer that has been growing as the network shifted more towards the left. Yeah, you had a solid claim of being unbiased in the past. But with emergence of liberal talking heads that have been allowed to run wild like weeds in an untreated pasture it has left the followers like me to find other news sources. This past election pushed me to now watch Newsmax and One America News. Very refreshing. Donna, Juan and the others get free rein to speak while silencing conservatives.

I emailed fox morning anchors and corporate. Never got an answer from anyone and I get it. Why waste your time with audience members?

FOX = CNN = MSNBC = NPR. Just a different bunch of liberal hypocrites.

Welcome to the club FOX.If you had any sense, you’d pitch Ryan.

james hunt

Tucker needs to go !!!HE IS NOT A TRUMPER HE IS A TYPICAL CONSERVATIVE BACKSTABBER! BUT WHO CARES , NEWSMAX IS THE PLACE TO GO! GO TRUMP 4 MORE YEARS!!!!!

Don Seale
Don Seale

If Paul Ryan is part of the fox mix. You are dealing with washingons biggest smileing boy loser. good luck

jjjjj

I am totally done with Fox! They realize they made a huge mistake alienating those of us who used to be loyal viewers and now are trying to appease the former viewers with this Tucker statement. It DOES NOT CHANGE MY MIND! I WILL NOT WATCH FOX ANYMORE!!!

Barbara park
Barbara park

I don’t really care what he says now. I am not watching Fox an more Newsmax is now my favorite.

gramma

Don’t watch Fox as much as before with the exception of Tucke, Hannity and Laura and of course the Judge Jeannine show. Have switched to Newsmax and OAN for daily watching.

Robert Taylor
Robert Taylor

I would suggest that boycotting the FOX sponsors will be more effective. Take down their names and send notice that as of now we will no longer buy your product if Fox is the one showing it.

Captain Cross

Tucker you fool! You need to sink FOX by leaving. I’m fairly certain that you can find a new network very easily and you should have banked enough to manage with a smaller salary. My hope here is that you’re just stringing the Liberal FOX boys along until you secure something better.

Linda Roland
Linda Roland

I believe that Tucker is more suited to be on NEWSMAX than Fox. Newsmax is the new conservative channel and could use Tucker, but whether he goes or not, I’m a NEWSMAX person! Fox has sold us conservatives out!

Bev Anderson
Bev Anderson
Reply to  Linda Roland

I have watched nothing but Fox News for 18 years and Election night they are no longer my channel to watch. This is not the same station it was when Dad was in charge. I go between OAN and Newsmax. I think that Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson, Judge Jeanne should all leave and then Fox would become just like the rest of them. I liked the Five except for Juan Williams but they claim they are fair and balanced but they are NOT anymore. Good Bye Fox

cactusbob
cactusbob

Apparently Carl Tuckerson needs to wear his crown if he expects to be treated like royalty. First Candace, now Sidney. Too much strain.

JP Halegan
JP Halegan

Our evening line-up includes:

5pm (The Five without Juan please!)
6pm Spicer & company (we’re loyal)
7pm Kelly’s Hour (we’re loyal)
8pm Tucker’s hour (we’re loyal)
9pm Sean’s Hour (NewsMax needs a better offering)
10pm Laura’s Hour (we’re loyal)
11pm+ Netflix or Amazon Prime (Movie or Series)

I am really Pi$$ed that Facebook, Twitter and Maybe Parlor banned me from hearing what my faves think …. Trump needs to create an alternative!!!!!!!

JP