Is this Trump Family Member Running for Senate?

White House Flickr

Ivanka Trump has gotten a taste for politics and isn’t ready to give it up. The businesswoman-turned-White House adviser has some big political aspirations and rumors are swirling she may get started in Florida. Currently, the First Daughter focuses on, “the education and economic empowerment of women and their families as well as job creation and economic growth through workforce development, skills training and entrepreneurship,” according to the White House website.

Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner recently bought a nearly two-acre lot in Indian Creek Island, an exclusive neighborhood north of Miami, FL. The move is seen by some as a sign Trump may be considering running against current Florida incumbent Marco Rubio who’s seat is there for the taking in 2022. Trump’s father and current President of the United States Donald Trump is wildly popular in the Sunshine State he proudly calls home.

The Daily Wire reports:

“Trump has not ruled out a near-future run for office, nor has she publicly denied she has political ambitions of her own. Florida, which President Donald Trump won in 2016 and 2020, provides a potential opportunity for Ivanka Trump, should she choose to enter politics.”

“Ivanka definitely has political ambitions, no question about it,” the source told CNN. “She wants to run for something, but that still needs to be figured out.”

If Ivanka really wants to jump into politics, she has picked a good spot. Rubio’s seat is up for grabs in 2022 — and Rubio was a harsh critic of Trump in the 2016 Republican nomination race, although he did wind up supporting the president and later morphed into a loyal supporter of Trump once he the won election.

“I think she’d be the immediate frontrunner if she ran for U.S. Senate against Rubio, given her father’s popularity in the Sunshine State,” Adam C. Smith, former Tampa Bay Times political editor and now consultant with Mercury Public Affairs, told CNN. “Marco Rubio is up for reelection in 2022 and is expected to run again. But I wouldn’t think Rubio would deter her if she wanted to run. The last time Marco Rubio ran against a Trump in Florida, in the 2016 presidential primary, Rubio was crushed by 19 percentage points.”

Senator Rubio briefly ran for the Republican bid for President in 2016 against Donald J. Trump before endorsing the President. President Trump has said on numerous occasions that his daughter is an excellent politician and may even consider a run for President in the future.

How does Senator Ivanka Trump sound to you? Tell us what you think in the comments below!

richard jones
1 year ago

No! I don’t trust Kushner, which is another reason why I DO NOT trust her. She never did anything demonstrable to ingratiate herself with the true Republicans, the Tea Party.

Owen
Owen
Reply to  richard jones

I don’t think that is a fair comparison. The Tea Party seems to have disappeared during the 2020 election as a force to be recognized.

Walkin O'Shea
Reply to  Owen

Perhaps it’s time to resurrect the Tea Party. You couldn’t go wrong with a 3-party system, especially with the options we have now.

FedUp
FedUp
Reply to  Walkin O'Shea

We sure have seen the republican party go against Trump. I left the republican party years ago. I AM A STRONG CONSERVATIVE. I like what President Trump has done for us & American. We should all let the RNC know we are not with them. Answer the phone when they call & let them know what you think. I have done that a few times & they are quick to get off the phone.

NPR
NPR
Reply to  richard jones

Kushner was brilliant in his negotiation of Israel / Arab agreement
He comes off stiff but I believe a worker for US

Julia Gurule
Julia Gurule
Reply to  richard jones

No. I don’t trust her either. I don’t care for the Tea Party though.

Lyn Clark
1 year ago

I think it sounds great … anything to get … do nothing Rubio out !!! Senator Ivanka! ❤️

FedUp
FedUp
Reply to  Lyn Clark

But want does she stand for, what does she believe????

Michele Salon
Michele Salon
1 year ago

It sounds great to me. I think she is a bright gem and has a good mind and is focused .
I just wonder about the Spanish /cuban vote.
She would be my choice.

Mario
Mario
Reply to  Michele Salon

I will be the first or one of the thousands Cuban Americans voting for Senator Ivanka Trump

Millie
Millie
1 year ago

No! Bad idea! There are plenty of bad Senators to replace. Why replace a good one? That would be pure idiocy.

JOHN R FLEMING
JOHN R FLEMING
Reply to  Millie

He has wetting his pants to be the first to kiss Joe Biden

Edsilberhorn
Edsilberhorn
1 year ago

CNN would like to stir the pot and then divide and conquer so a Dem will be able to take the Senate seat in 2022 — watch out!

John McCarthy
1 year ago

IVANKA SHOULD RUN FOR PRESIDENT IN 2024…!

Thomas E. Hamons
Thomas E. Hamons
1 year ago

I wish her God’s speed with her political ambitions!

Robert Francis Lyle
Robert Francis Lyle

I would vote for her

Bill Williams
1 year ago

I’m voting for whatever Trump runs.

Dorothy Kuszmaul
Dorothy Kuszmaul
1 year ago

Great , she would do a good job , for the people , she would not be corrupt like these politicians are! Go for it !!👍

FED UP
FED UP

Go for It Ivanka. Too many Republucan’s are turning up NON-TRUMPERS ! 😡

Donna
Donna
1 year ago

What makes Ivanka think she can win a senate seat ??? Does she really think there will ever be a fair and honest election in this country ever again ??? I will answer that question for everyone….the answer is NO !!! if the Dems and China could fix this Presidential election, Even with the huge support and votes Trump got …It will be much easier for them to fix a future election because they will be in power…unlike in the 2020 election…it will be impossible for a Republican to win an election…or ever get the White House again…WAKE UP AMERICA !!!! The Dems and China are on the same side and it’s not the American people’s side…they will come for our GUNS, our free speech (already Being threatened ) and every other freedom we have enjoyed for 200 years…The question is…Will no one be willing to do what is necessary to stop this take over of our country ??? It will take great courage….I BELIEVE TRUMP WILL STAND UP TO THOSE WHO SEEK TO DESTROY US….HE WILL SAVE US ALL !!! HE IS OUR ONLY HOPE !!! GOD BE WITH HIM AND WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE !!!

cactusbob
cactusbob
Reply to  Donna

There will be honest elections in Republican states (excepting GA), but the Dem states will be lost until their state legislators pass voting laws t4hat eliminate fraud. It will take years to cure.

USMCORPS
USMCORPS
Reply to  Donna

We have no choice but to have a military takeover because if we don’t, then we will be lost forever as the United States with our constitution done over in communist fashion. Get used to having be called comrade if this does not happen.

Rosa Perez
Rosa Perez
1 year ago

Sounds good to me, Ivanka would make a great senator. She will focus on education, empowering women, families and jobs. She is strong, bright, with great communication skills and she is a mom.

smoketime
smoketime
1 year ago

Running against and displacing a fellow Republican accomplishes nothing. Should run against and displace an existing Democratic Senator instead..

tome-wallace
tome-wallace
1 year ago

Ivanka Trump, i would vote for you providing that i live there…

NPR
NPR

first she should take on Lois Frankel who us just dead weight for Florida

Michael Cipolla
Michael Cipolla
1 year ago

Why go after a good senator, there are so many bad senators on the left that she could take out…

C. Younts
C. Younts
1 year ago

Senator Rubio needs to face his come-uppance. He was a tea party darling and within eight weeks of being in the swamp,, pledged his allegiance to the gang of eight in direct opposition to what he had promised the Tea Party when he was trying to win their votes. Once burned, twice shy. We do not need any RINO elected officials. I would rather Don Jr. or Eric run as I am not sure that I fully trust Ivanka’s spouse and his influence over her, but she would be an improvement all the same.

cactusbob
cactusbob
1 year ago

Unless Marco has failed Trump, I’d say she should support Rubio and save her efforts for a more vital position.

Patriotissima
Patriotissima
1 year ago

That’s one way to get rid of a RINO. Go Ivanka!

Anne Marie Pender
Anne Marie Pender
1 year ago

I think Ivanka would be an excellent person to represent us. She has proven her value in doing fabulous projects within her Father’s administration, and followed each through to a successful ongoing method for retraining and retaining of people. I would vote for her!!

FedUp
FedUp
1 year ago

I do not know what she believes or stands for. Just because she is Trump’s daughter does not mean she stands for the right things. They all use to be democrats. I have not heard enough to endorse her.

JP Halegan
JP Halegan

dont do it!!!!

Steven
Steven
1 year ago

Rubio a pro Trump senator? Wha?? Not in this life maybe the next.

mark
mark
1 year ago

she has a lot of her fathers savy/smarts, and toughness ,worth listening to her doing interviews . She has been beavering away creating jobs and apprenticeships, doing government workshops on job creation for women ,in sth american nations . All gratis !, like her dad not taking a salary .She is in effect the very antithesis of hrc ,so would I think be a great leader for US .

MARILYN KROCHESKI
MARILYN KROCHESKI
1 year ago

I THINK THAT’S A GREAT IDEA…..

Lee C
1 year ago

Nope…. not for me either. She is socially liberal and was good friends with Chelsea Clinton. I don’t trust Jared either. Don Jr talks too fast and speaks off the cuff too much. Now Eric seems to think things out like his father. Lara for Senate in NC… go for it lady! Now that could amount to a first female President!

C R Wirt
C R Wirt
1 year ago

For the sake of the Republican Party & conservatives generally I would hope she would run for the House of Representatives seat for that district. She would accomplish more in increasing Republican effectiveness and leave Senator Rubio and his Senate seniority in place. Seniority is a valuable asset to the party. She may not like Rubio but to weaken him with a fight in a campaign would be short sighted and a disservice to all.

Kenneth Barr
Kenneth Barr
1 year ago

I think she will be great!! I’m voting for I. Trump!!

Juan Cuenca
Juan Cuenca
1 year ago

I’ll vote for Ivanka, she’ll do better job than many rhino senators.
go Senator Ivanka!!

C R Wirt
C R Wirt
1 year ago

We need to keep Rubio with his seniority in place. Not gonna say he is perfect, but certainly not bad. To replace him with a newbee would be foolish. She should seek the House position from that Florida House district, much more help to the Republican Party.

Dee