New Survey Finds Most Americans Plan to Attend Christmas Gatherings

Pixabay

No matter how hard some Democrats may try Americans are refusing to cancel Christmas. A recent study has found that a majority of Americans still plan to attend holiday gatherings despite warnings from government officials pushing for people to stay home.

The Daily Wire reports:

According to a November survey of 1,040 people by Cinch Home Services, 60.1% of those polled said they planned to attend a holiday gathering this year, with only 26.1% saying they were not planning to do so. Some 50.7% said they planned to attend Thanksgiving and 60.9% said they planned to gather for Christmas.

“Over a third of the people surveyed said they believe socializing is worth the risk of someone contracting COVID-19,” the survey authors wrote. “After months of limited contact with loved ones, it’s understandable that some might be eager to see loved ones. There have been concerns throughout the pandemic about the effects of isolation and loneliness on specific populations, particularly the elderly.”

“The COVID-19 pandemic has given people a lot of things to be concerned about, especially when it comes to socializing,” the authors also noted. “Varying opinions on appropriate precautions to take and anxiety around infection have made gathering together a lot more tense than it used to be. However, a majority of people said they still intended to see loved ones, particularly as the holidays draw near. Plus, many people reported taking a variety of precautions and agreed on the appropriateness of rules like social distancing and keeping gatherings outdoors when possible.”

Since Thanksgiving, there has been at least an 18% rise in COVID-19 cases in the U.S., prompting health officials such as Dr. Anthony Fauci to warn against unnecessary Christmas get-togethers. He was faced with accusations of attempting to “cancel” Christmas when he seemingly advised Americans to follow his example of not visiting family this year.

Nothing is getting in the way of some much-needed holiday cheer this season. How are you celebrating the holidays this season? Tell us in the comments below!

Marlene
1 year ago

Having family together with great grandchildren too. To the demoscum Merry Christmas.

Mikey
Mikey
1 year ago

Did these tinpot dictators seriously think the majority of us would cancel plans with loved ones this Christmas? Especially after the hypocrisy we’ve witnessed from them?

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  Mikey

Hypocrisy from the marxist Dems doesn’t make us sick or well, at least from COVID-19! They display the truth about themselves every time they say one thing and do the opposite, giving me opportunity to laugh at them as they show us their real inner being! No one ever taught them what “lead by example” really means. We are a “free” society (at least right now) and we all get to decide how to best keep our families safe and well!
Good bless and save America!

Will
Will
Reply to  maxibaby

Even after all this time…I still marvel and get comfort from the clear way you express yourself Joyeux Noel, Maxibaby!

NannyB
NannyB
Reply to  maxibaby

You are so correct Maxibaby!! Best you all get together and vote these idiots out at the next election. It is the best way to show them how you feel.

Richard
Reply to  Mikey

I never take orders from tyrants, I live and die for freedom.

Reply to  Mikey

They thought we’d roll over and die. We’re educated and we’re armed, so get used to it you chicom demons. God is in the Heavens and He will decide our fate…not YOU!

Barbara
Barbara
Reply to  Susanna

Merry Christmas and Thank you for those truthful words! The Good Lord is in charge..Abd it’s His Birthday!🌹🙏💗 Stand for Love and Freedom, not a dictatorship!!!!

Darrell G Walton
Darrell G Walton
1 year ago

Do you still think the Democrats won’t weaponized this news?

Think again!

Watch the new fictitious increase in the numbers post holiday they will blame on Christmas gatherings!

Get ready for more astringent regulations!

Chaeles Schimpf
Chaeles Schimpf
1 year ago

They need to find out how it is being transmitted as wearing masks is BS,

1 year ago

Watching people touching their masks continuously is laughable. You’re not helping yourself wearing a mask too loose, that falls down, etc. I only wear the paper kind with three or more layers and the bendable wire on the nose bridge. I have a Roman nose bridge which won’t allow mask to slip and fall, thus more protection, but the cloth masks are worthless. No one should be obliged to wear a mask. It should be voluntary.

Mark
Mark
Reply to  Susanna

masks do NOTHING but make the Wearer look like FOOL.

John Wood
John Wood
1 year ago

These jackasses in the blue states and cities need to be reminded that they do NOT rule but rather “serve at the consent of the governed”. B TW, I cannot understand why the citizens of the blue states continue to elect these petty tyrants.

Reply to  John Wood

It’s called “Stupidity”!

parsley
parsley
Reply to  Casey

Maybe voter fraud? They have been doing this for a while.

THOMAS
THOMAS
Reply to  Casey

Its really called VOTER FRAUD !

Graham
Graham
Reply to  John Wood

I live in a blue state yet I vote republican. Blame the bleeding hearts that have gotten comfortable with democrat party. They’re like big babies still suckling from that government teat aka handouts, welfare, etc

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  John Wood

They are brainwashed and propagandized! My Mom used to say they are “die-hard Democrats” who would vote for satan if he had a (D) behind his name! Obviously, Mom was right!

Arjay
Arjay
Reply to  maxibaby

MOST of them are satan’s minions!

Raina
Raina
Reply to  John Wood

Some of these crooks are being reelected thru election fraud.

Mark
Mark
Reply to  John Wood

Brainless sheep that get promised the same pile of Cow Crap at every election

Marvin
Marvin
Reply to  Mark

That’s got to be so true…brainless sheep promised the same thing election after election. So blind to keep electing Dems…incredible. Just look at Chicago, New York and all of those big cities…just amazing!

Scotty
Scotty
1 year ago

Communists hate Christmas. Their only god is the state.
Merry Christmas!

Reply to  Scotty

I got a big door bow which says Merry Christmas on both sides of the long ribbon. I was thinking of putting up my Don’t Tread on Me Flag. What do you think? I live in liberal city.

Graham
Graham
1 year ago

If I see as much as 20 people gather at the neighbors across the street from my house to eat and drink…..I’ll have them save me a plate lol. The democrats can kick rocks this Christmas Day. Don’t be telling me to stay home and be “safe” while you’re out celebrating yourself and NOT wearing masks and NOT social distancing (I’m looking at you Newsom Nuisance, Cuomo Lightfoot just to name a few). Please everyone go out and have a Merry Christmas and stay blessed🎁🎄

Jay
Jay
Reply to  Graham

Some private pictures came out of Governor Psychopath at a Christmas party in a room full of people, and not one mask! He’s face cuddling with a gal in a picture.

Jay
Jay
Reply to  Jay

(Cuomo)

L.C Black
L.C Black
1 year ago

We are having Christmas outdoors to ally the fears of some in the family. Fortunately, we live in south Texas. Two large outdoor heaters will take off any chill. Three generations in the backyard. The next door neighbors are having four generations indoors. 94 years down to a few months. Merry Christmas!

Sonja Moreau
Sonja Moreau
1 year ago

We celebrated Christmas Eve together as a family. It’s our normal tradition every year. Then on Christmas Day our grown kids usually go to their in-laws or spend their own time together on Christmas Day. It’s been noted that even wearing masks, people can still contract this COVID-19. Dr. Fauci is a flip flopper on his comments on this virus. No one knows how long you are protected from this virus if you get the vaccine. There are adverse reactions reported by people who have allergies. If you need to use an Epipen for anything, I personally do, I will not take this vaccine. We are supposed to be a free nation, they are trying to shred our Constitution. Like it’s just a piece of old paper to them now. Even SCOTUS won’t act accordingly to the constitution they swore to uphold. May God help us all, we patriots of our country need to stick together and not let the radical left best you down mentally. That’s how communist and socialist work. Mind games. May God bless America and keep President Trump in office for 4 more years to clean up this mess we are in, because it’s utter chaos in our Government!

Floyd Hardee
1 year ago

And the Witch of the Year Award goes to___________________ PIGLOSI!

Marvin
Marvin
Reply to  Floyd Hardee

And the Grinch dictator of the year to California’s Governor: Gavin Newsollini.

FED UP
FED UP
1 year ago

EXACTLY RIGHT! TAKE YOUR LOCKDOWN AND SHOVE IT WHERE THE SUN DOESN’T SHINE !!

Terry Blake
Terry Blake

With children and grandchildren,,
God bless my Governor Ron Desantis for not caving like the blue states,Love my freedom,
Merry Christmas Happy New year and Gob bless America!

Reply to  Terry Blake

I hear people are running to Florida to celebrate Christmas because they want freedom to dine indoors and walk around without the pc police on their backs. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Mandy D
Mandy D
1 year ago

There is a higher risk of being abducted by aliens while doing a handstand on top of a dodo. Yes, I’ll take my chances thank you.

Jerry Moore
Jerry Moore
1 year ago

For all of you deplorable racist communist democrats why don’t you just get the fk out of the USA
Good bye you stupid dumb bastards
destroy

Antifa
Protesters
The mfing bitch pelosi
The deplorable slump back Schumer
Pencil neck
Big mouth fart 👦

Katherine Teissere
Katherine Teissere
1 year ago

We had three Christmas Eve services at church last night with a total of 240+ people. We suggest masks optional. Trying to live faith over fear. Merry Christmas to all.

Marvin
Marvin
1 year ago

We also had three Christmas Sunday services with almost 4,000 total…way down but socially distancing sucks up space. Fantastic services…so beautifully done w choir, orchestra, and farm animals.

Bama Bill
Bama Bill
1 year ago

Latest info I’ve seen. More cases where people wear masks than were they don’t. Also, in Alabama we have had many “Health Care”(19,000) and “Long Term Care” (4,300) workers that got the virus. Many “Long Term Residents” (8.300) also. Since these people always wear an N-9 mask, I’d consider that “Proof” that even N-95 masks do NOT prevent you from getting the virus. Also, nurses use more than one mask a shift. When it is taken off, it goes into “Bio-hazard Waste”. People that “Always” or “Almost Always” wear masks are over 75% of those infected. What happened to “Quarantine” the sick? Instead dems are quarantining the healthy! NUTS! From actual data, Only 9% of those that die “WITH” the virus, did NOT have a “Co-Morbidity” like heart disease, diabetes, etc. So, 95% that died “WITH” the virus, also had health problems, AND were over age 65. Shame I can find this information in minutes, but Dems and Media hide it!

maxibaby
maxibaby
1 year ago

I have no children or close family but, have wonderful friends I spend holiday meals and time with every year! Due to my senior age status and health (chronic kidney disease and asthma) I chose to stay home this year. My friends are sad about it and so am I! You would have to know me to understand me because, I have a turkey breast roasting in the oven and I am doing a traditional southern holiday meal with all the “fixings” for ME! Yep, there will be a DIET in my New Years’s resolutions!
Merry Christmas to all and especially to all American Patriots!

Gerry
Gerry
Reply to  maxibaby

Nice post Maxi !!!! I also decided to stay home due to my heart disease from agent orange and a not so good immune system also due to Vietnam. I have step granddaughters who are preggo and some elderly people who attend and it would devastate me if I somehow contracted the china/demoRAT virus and unknowingly passed it on to someone in my family. So it looks like you and I will be eating alone together in different places. Have a Merry and a better New Year.

MrTony
MrTony
Reply to  maxibaby

I’m an old dude too. Doing a Butterball Turkey breast, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole for ME alone. Merry Christmas everyone and stay safe.

Edward Durham
1 year ago

Last time I looked we are free people, we are not under a dictator, you can act like we are but we’re not, so do what the hell you want and tell the half ass people in office to do their dam job they are paid to do and maybe you might reelect them.

THOMAS
THOMAS
1 year ago

Merry Christmas to ALL ! I will not be observing any lock down !
I’m going to a Christmas Dinner and Party !

william
1 year ago

Seeing that there are 3.3 MILLION of us I think it’s time to march to the Govt buildings, Grab the Governors,Mayors and State Treasurers and DRAG them out of the buildings and tell them “Your Fired” and let them hit the streets. Wouldn’t that be nice. Enough of these Tyrants. They don’t seem to be lacking paychecks.

Reply to  william

Did you see the rebellion at the State Capitol in Oregon. They were mad as heck and came armed. Not going to take it anymore.

Jack Wood
1 year ago

Have 3 fire rings on the property about 50 yards apart from each other, with a picnic table at each one. Built fires at each one. Had about 8-10 friends at each one. Served chili and tamales to everyone. Ate, then lit bonfire in the middle and sang Chritmas Carol’s til about midnight. Had hot chocolate and home made brandy. Was a fine Christmas celebration.

BMac
BMac
1 year ago

Dumb ass politicians just don’t get it, we will not conform to the socialistic dictatorship they intend to force on us. Not going to occur.

Lilhouse
Lilhouse
1 year ago

GOD’S LISTENING AND WATCHING ALWAYS. TO ALL PRESIDENT TRUMP’S ADVISORS THAT ARE HORRIBLE TO HIM. GOD’S WATCHING AND LISTENING TO YOU MEAN PEOPLE. YOUR SHAMEFUL AND DISRESPECTFUL TO THE PRESIDENT. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS. LORD STOP THESE MEAN EVIL RATS THAT ARE MEAN AND WON’T STAND BEHIND OUR PRESIDENT AND YOUR NATION THEY WANT TO DESTROY. LORD I PRAY THEY STOP DESTRUCTION IN OUR COUNTRY. MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎅 🎄 AND GOD BLESS THE USA 🇺🇸. 🇺🇸 .GOD’S BLESSINGS SENT TO ALL OUR TROOPS FOR A MERRY CHRISTMAS. IN JESUS NAME I PRAY THIS PRAYER AMEN 🙏

Reply to  Lilhouse

Contact Mitch McConnell and tell him off Patriots. He’s a treasonous [email protected]$tard.

Richard Lockwood
1 year ago

It’s about time people wake up and start living again and tell the the government to kiss our ass.

p j
p j
1 year ago

The cases are up because the testing is up. How many people get multiple tests? And the tests are manipulated to a high cycle threshold guaranteed to give a positive read for most.
They still do not know what the test is testing for…are you near dead or barely alive?
Yeah, people get sick…but that’s a fact of their lives. Yeah, there’s a virus but just add it to the list of many…although this one is human-made and developed with gain of function to travel farther than a sneeze or cough would normally go…a bit of HIV, etc added just to be certain they can knock off their targets or make them so sick they wish they were dead. Remember, when you get the injection (dubbed a vaccine), you now have certainly been exposed to something you can spread to your family and friends.
Once enough sheeple are injected, the testing will be adjusted to a normal cycle threshold and it will appear that the vaccine has “cured” the plandemic…also, the cause of death will go back to indicating some prior morbidity.
If we all have this information without much research effort, what is wrong with the majority who still do not know it’s a scam?
Time to drag the talking heads off their thrones and provide actual information to the masses…not the endlessly regurgitated propaganda most listen to/watch.
I think the masks have become a “thing” for some folks…another accessory to flash.
They will be reluctant to give up their fashion statement. And it’s cheaper than a tattoo.

Cliff
Cliff
Reply to  p j

I just read that some scientists tested a KIWI fruit and it “tested positive ” for “contriol-us virus”. Merry Christmas to all and GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.

Richard
1 year ago

Merry Christmas to all, I will take my own advice and celebrate with family, I think all who want us to stay home they should stay home.

Omega 2
1 year ago

WE NO LONGER CARE WHAT THESE ” YELLOW BELLY SAP SUCKING LIBTARDS THINK OR SAY!” ” NO GUTS NO GLORY “!

1 year ago

Those Covid numbers are inflated. People dying from bullet holes are being categorized as dying from Covid. Call the mortuary and funeral services. They have the details.
I went shopping on Christmas Eve ans cars were going everywhere. People shopping for Christmas and lots in a hurry to get there. It was fantastic. All the Christmas lights sold out. Just about all the decorations too. I always decorate on Christmas Eve. We celebrate Christmas from December 25th to February 1st which ends the Christmas cycle as Feast of the Purification of Mary.

Charles
Charles
1 year ago

I’ll be exhibiting the same level of compliance to any gun control measures as well. The Govt can go pound sand.

Marilyn Misch
Marilyn Misch
1 year ago

We the People love our freedom but liberals are the dictators always.

Maryann
Maryann
1 year ago

We are Americans. Enough with their bull control. I am enjoying my Christmas with my family, and lots of them. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

Bret Hammond
Bret Hammond
1 year ago

Trump needs to stand up to the retarded DemoRATS and sue every single state requiring the mask mandate, 1 it is not a law 2 it is a violation of the prohibition of slavery in the US Constitution which states no man shall be chained or bound while performing the duties of his work, the retarded masks are bindings restricting breathing oxygen, which is much deadlier in the long run than the #CoronaSCAM2020 has ever been! and they cannot stop any form of any virus!!!

Eliot
Eliot
1 year ago

100 days of wearing your costume mask are just around the corner ….
Democrats and young Americans are excited. They can’t wait!!!

Mark
Mark
1 year ago

If there is only ONE thing you learn today, Remember this;
The GOVT is NOT your friend,
The Govt works for the People NOT the people work for the GOVT, Only in a Communist /Socialist system do the people work Soley for the GOVT

Rev. Ronald Roland
Rev. Ronald Roland
1 year ago

That was the second main purpose, after hijacking our elections to “get rid” of President Trump. The isolation, though, is arguably much more damaging to our society. Human beings were created to be social. One man and one woman for a life-time, and the children, family, and community which would naturally result. We are told to help one another. It’s the plan of God’s evil enemy, the devil, to break us up, isolate us, and destroy Creation. The Democrat Terrorists are his evil workers. Now it’s time for We The People to act. Stop letting those evil people over-run America. They have no authority for their evil plans, only what they have stolen from Our Constitution. Remember the Gift of God given for the salvation of the world – never give it up.
May you all have a very Blessed Christmas.

Russell E Sykes
Russell E Sykes
1 year ago

I wish the fish come out of quarantine.
Tire of not catching anything .

Jacques D Decoutere
Jacques D Decoutere

FAITH IS MY VACCINE!!

American
American
1 year ago

Well I got to my grandmas house and the darn oven stopped working . so I went to a friend of mine that works on stoves , ovens he said he could be there in about a hour. Ok sounds good went to a local bar kind of our of town only us drunks go there realy . that place was so packed it was standing room only
. so we of course drank maybe 5-7-8 beers a couple long Island ice teas . feeling pretty darn good now seen a strip club I’m not married so I can do that kind of stuff. So me and my cousin Dave and I OH he is married but I wouldn’t tell on him his wife reminds me of that syphco path PELOSI . eeeww so anyway we went in and a couple more drinks and couple lap dances man they sure didn’t grow them like that when I was in school . they smoked a few joints with us then invited me and cuz Dave to join them at their friends house wow what a party there were women every place you looked so Dave and I was talking to a couple hotties and we smokes some more did a little of this and that . bounced for a while and I got a call hey is Dave there I had to say no with his mouth full I didnt figure he could talk . when Dave got a little tired and said Jeff you ready I said well it been 2 , 1/2 hours wonder if granny has dinner done on the way home my neighbors car was broke down and of course I am a machanic so I helped . hour later I got back to grandma’s she told me dinnee was good where ya been . aawww helped Bill and Debbie with their car . so where is dinner lol its gone so me and cousin Dave went back to a different bar same thing packed so nope I did not gathee with my family . so I was a good little tike . I had 1 women in each leg 😜1 hanging on my neck went home with 2 other one’s turns out it was a pretty good Christmas . howd ya’ll do tonight I dozen to back to bed so have fun remember stay safe ware the rain coat. 👍👍👍

Patriot
Patriot
1 year ago

This is all about power and control. This is about the NWO and the reset the deep state is dying to implement. In 2019, 665,000 people died worldwide from the flu and there was not a peep. More than that died from the swine and H1N1 flu, and again not a peep. If this was not an election year, this would just be another bad flu season – and that is for the entire world.

Marvin
Marvin
1 year ago

Unfortunately my wife and I won’t be joining family this year since we are two 80 year old great grandparents recovering from Covid. It’s even my wife’s 2nd time to have it this year! She’s such a trooper but we’re both recovering well.

Jane C Dewberry
Jane C Dewberry
1 year ago

Well, I’ll tell you this–I’m not following any mandates,edicts or suggestions coming from Dr. Fauci, the MSM, the CDC, the WHO or any progressive socialist Democrat elected official. For me, their days of lording over us, manipulating our behavior out of fear, forcing unconstitutional policies on us and generally attempting to control every aspect of our lives is over. If others choose to remain under their despotic thumb–well, that’s their decision. At least, until Jan. 20, this is a free country. After that date, who knows?

sam hill