Jim Jordan Addresses Senate Speculation

Gage Skidmore via (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/) Wikipedia commons

Republican Representative Jim Jordan is putting the speculation that he may be planning to run and fill the seat left Rob Portman to rest. The Ohio representative says while he’s flattered by the outpouring of support he believes he can better serve Ohioans in the House of Representatives.

Fox News reports:

A spokesperson for Jordan’s congressional campaign told Fox News that he is “honored by the overwhelming encouragement he has received to run for the United States Senate.”

“However, he is solely focused on representing the great people of Ohio’s Fourth District, and will not be running to fill the seat of retiring Senator Rob Portman,” the spokesperson said. “Mr. Jordan believes that at this time he is better suited to represent Ohioans in the House of Representatives, where as the top Republican on the Judiciary Committee, he can advance an America first agenda, promote conservative values, and hold big government accountable.”

The speculation around a Jordan Senate run came after Portman on Monday said he wouldn’t seek a third term, pointing to congressional gridlock as a reason.

“I don’t think any Senate office has been more successful in getting things done, but honestly, it has gotten harder and harder to break through the partisan gridlock and make progress on substantive policy, and that has contributed to my decision,” Portman said.

Phil Hammersley
Phil Hammersley

Sad to hear that! Jim Jordan would be a GREAT senator like Hawley and Cruz. He wouldn’t put up with the DIMM bulls***! You Buckeyes have anyone else similar? No RINOs please!

James Corcoran corcoran
  • RINOs run rampant. Portman is a swamp creature. I supported his campaign. he doesn’t answer constituent emails which challenge his liberal social justice positions… anti christian…… phoney RINO values 30 years at the public trough is enuff
john douglas
john douglas

CaptTurbo
CaptTurbo

Jim Jordan is about the only one I can think of who I can trust.

C.A.
C.A.

“Mr. Jordan believes that at this time he is better suited to represent Ohioans in the House of Representatives, where as the top Republican on the Judiciary Committee, he can advance an America first agenda, promote conservative values, and hold big government accountable.” TRANSLATION: In the House I can scare the Begeezus outta Pelosi every time I move!

James Corcoran corcoran
Reply to  C.A.

but Pelosi the CINO Marxist swamp creaturre and TDR victim is not long for this world….

Jersey Prophet
Jersey Prophet

Don’t expect AOC to be any better when the old witch bites the dust in two years.

Julia Gurule
Julia Gurule
Reply to  Jersey Prophet

I’m at a complete loss as to why AOC is still around. She is so incredibly stupid regarding history and has NO common sense to speak of. Plus, she’s reported to have syphoned campaign money to her boyfriend. Can this get any worse??!!

James Corcoran corcoran
Reply to  Julia Gurule

Maxine just paid her daughter a million dollars in campaign funds for running her campaign…crooked corrupt marxist black… b…

Laura
Laura

Would love to see Jim Jordan run for Governor for the great state of Ohio!!!

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl

Jim Jordan is a rock star and would make a fantastic senator. Loss for the house, but hopefully he could be replaced with someone just as good. Rob Portman is a complete liberal jackass! Married to someone who is uber liberal. I remember when he supported marriage between a man and a woman, then his son came out as gay. Now you know the rest of the story!

James Corcoran corcoran

i remember when the priest in my episcopal church outed his 15 year old son as gay to the congregation……

Stephen Russell
Stephen Russell

Anyway to get rid of RINOs I say Yes do more

james snitzel
james snitzel

Of course he can and should, he is a very good man for the job, and would be more effective in the house position. Go for it..

Rose P

Love Rep Jim Jordan, wish he was in my state, Taxachusetts to stand up for us few Conservatives!!

Rhoda Friedman Gelman

I have been following Jim Jordan for a while and believe that ‘He’ is Genuine with his passion for Republicans to Honor The Rule of Law and Our Constitution and that is the reason I am speaking up for ‘Him!’ I am Not a Republican – My entire family and Myself are ‘Not Republicans and in fact, I did not want President Trump to run as a Republican – I Stand With: We The People – To Stop all this Evil with the Evil Cartels – Evil Medias – -The Rothchilds and The Banks of London – All Against Our United States For America – The United States of America is an Evil Corporation in Washington, D.C. & Virginia – Against We The People for Decades! We Must Wake Up as We The People and Become ‘Warriors For Our Republic and Nation – We Must Do This Right Now – Unite and Come Together – We Are The Leaders with G-d and Country! Stand Together Right Now – Not wait for 2024 – The Time is ‘Now1’ Rhoda Gelman