Fox News Shows Longtime Host the Door

Gage Skidmore via (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/deed.en) Wikipedia Commons

Longtime Fox News personality Lou Dobbs is on his way out.

Fox News Media has canceled his show, “Lou Dobbs Tonight”, according to a report.

The termination of Dobbs’ program comes just one day after voting software company Smartmatic filed a multi-billion dollar lawsuit against Dobbs, Fox News, fellow on-air personalities, and some of Trump’s past and present legal counsel.

According to Axios:

The 285-page lawsuit, which was filed in the New York State Supreme Court, specifically accuses Giuliani, Powell, Fox News, and hosts Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo, and Jeanine Pirro of lying about Smartmatic to convince the public that the 2020 presidential election was plagued with fraud.

“Defendants did not want Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to win the election. They wanted President Donald Trump and Vice President Michael Pence to win re-election. Defendants were disappointed. But they also saw an opportunity to capitalize on President Trump’s popularity by investing a story,” the lawsuit says.

Some familiar with the behind-the-scenes decision making at Fox News have said ending Dobb’s program was already under consideration prior to the lawsuit.

Fox News’ issued a statement about Dobb’s firing:

As we said in October, Fox News Media regularly considers programming changes and plans have been in place to launch new formats as appropriate post-election, including on Fox Business.

This is part of those planned changes. A new 5 p.m. program will be announced in the near future.

Dobbs, 75, launched his television career in Phoenix in the mid-’70s where he served in the anchor seat.

In 1980, Dobbs was recruited by Ted Turner to join CNN as its chief economics correspondent when the network first launched. He eventually became the president of CNN’s financial news division and anchored various financial programs for the network.

In the late 90’s Dobbs left the network after clashing with CNN President Rick Kaplan over editorial differences. Dobbs believed Kaplan, a friend of then-President Bill Clinton, was “pushing” Clinton stories and operating in a “clearly partisan” manner.

After a brief stint away from the network, Dobbs returned for another 9-year run with the network before becoming a radio host.

He made a return to television with Fox Business Network in 2011 which gave birth to the now-defunct program Lou Dobbs Tonight.

Nancy
Nancy
1 year ago

Well, now I no longer have any reason to turn on that station. With their leanings more and more too the left I can’t believe most of what they say anyway. I will miss Maria though.

TWm
TWm
Reply to  Nancy

They started turning communist the minute they put the corrupt Paul Ryan on the Board of Directors. I will selectively watch Fox, but only very few opinion hosts. If Dobbs goes elsewhere I will move with him.

Jeanne Katz
Jeanne Katz
Reply to  TWm

Lous’ show was intelligent and always informative. A real professional! I will surely miss him! I Hope to see him elsewhere.

Reply to  Jeanne Katz

Lou is a true professional.

John Strom
John Strom
Reply to  TWm

Paul Ryan was and is a Judas, a traitor. But look who owns/runs Fox News now. Rupert Murdock’s London born leftist spawn, Lachlan and James Murdock. No one will ever confuse them as American patriots

David Taylor
David Taylor
Reply to  TWm

“selectively watch” WHAT????? Does it take a rock to fall on your head to realize FOX was a pretend conservative site – just enough anchors who were conservative – or at least appeared so – to garner our trust while giving a “bully pulpit” to far left liberals. “Fool me once – shame on you. Fool me twice – shame on me.” Since you “selectively watch” FOX, double and triple shame on you.

Ann
Ann
Reply to  Nancy

Right there with you! Will not watch anything fox between 5:00 and 8:00, until Tucker comes on!!

1 year ago

That does it for me. Fox shows their true colors. Dobbs is a real truth teller and they can’t handle it. Lou should go to Newsmax, OAN, or America’s Voice. We will follow, we get all our news and business news from Lou Dobbs. If Tucker, Hannity, and Ingraham tell Fox News to shove it, they are finished! Their viewership has already fallen by half.

sandyj
sandyj
Reply to  Dee S

They don’t seem to care. After all, they keep Juan Williams which is just totally unexplainable!!

Paul Alexander
Paul Alexander
Reply to  sandyj

God forbid that they fire Juan! I watch the shows he is on, just to watch his facial reactions and listen to him find excuses for even the most obnoxious news from the left. His family must really love him!

Beverly Skinner
Beverly Skinner
Reply to  Paul Alexander

Actually his Son is a CONSERVATIVE!! and you are RIGHT about him coming up with EXCUSES for all of the LIBS ideas and SCREWUPS!! That is his ONLY WORTH!!

Jerry Moore
Jerry Moore
Reply to  Paul Alexander

His 2 sons are republicans
Juannie is a fence riding punk coward

kbhret
kbhret
Reply to  Paul Alexander

I watch him just to hear Jesse and Greg’s responses to the absurd leftist babble he spews.

Stonewall
Stonewall
Reply to  sandyj

He black, He black, He black!!

Susan Hoffert
Susan Hoffert
Reply to  Stonewall

What does that have to do with anything?

Caren
Caren
Reply to  Susan Hoffert

You better start listening up!! Duhhh

Cowgirl Diva
Cowgirl Diva
Reply to  sandyj

…..littletittybabyCHRIS WALLACE..!!

TWm
TWm
Reply to  sandyj

I can explain it, every town needs a village idiot!

gramma
Reply to  sandyj

Fox keeps Juan as the token liberal, same with Tarlov, Brazille, and a few other libs. Remember Paul ryan is on th board now so I expect more firings of any truth tellers! Rayn the RINO!

Old school
Old school
Reply to  gramma

That is so true

Vinny Volpe
Reply to  gramma

Ryan is not a Rhino, Ryan is a Communist so keep that in mind….

Reply to  sandyj

Juan is a legend in his own mind. He refuses to look at the truth which discredits him as a journalist.

Jim2
Jim2
Reply to  sandyj

AMEN!

Vickie
Vickie
Reply to  Dee S

Guess you are no longer able to tell the truth!!! If I was those people involved I would sue them right back.!!! Because it’s been proven !! I hope Tucker… Hannity .. and Laura jump on the life boat before the ship sinks….they don t deserve this …guess FOX NEWS is off my list !!!

Reply to  Vickie

(What are you talking about?) Don’t try to twist words here! I said if Tucker, Laura, or Hannity left Fox News, they would be finished. Don’t read other things into my words. I still support them!

Reply to  Vickie

So tell me how you changed what I said. How is it a lie what I said about Tucker, Hannity, and Laura leaving Fox News would finish them. How is that lying, what kind of malarkey are you trying to pull here? I want an answer.

gls
gls
Reply to  Dee S

Laura Ingraham should go she’s a liar—she played nice when she was interviewing Trump and the day after the election she said and I quote, ” get over it Trump lost and Biden won”……she is a traitor and she can stay with the sinking ship of fox. Hannity and Tucker and Steve Hilton and Judge Jeanine need to move to Newsmax.

Reply to  Dee S

By the way moderator. I DID NOT SAY FOR TUCKER, HANNITY, AND INGRAHAM TO TELL FOX NEWS TO SHOVE IT. My words were if they left, Fox would be finished. How did my words get changed?

Greg
Greg
Reply to  Dee S

Those 3 are the only ones keeping Fox alive.

Reply to  Greg

Yes. Very True. They are reporting the actual events happening,

Old school
Old school
Reply to  Greg

Hey let’s not forget Judge Jeanine

Doyle
Doyle
Reply to  Greg

And Levin don’t forget him!

Richard
Richard
Reply to  Greg

MARK LEVIN IS AWESOME.

WE WILL MISS COURAGEOUS LOU DOBBS.

Reply to  Dee S

Where is the icon to correct errors, especially if they are changing our words?

masr
masr
1 year ago

“truth invites scrutiny; error demands tolerance”

Beverly Skinner
Beverly Skinner
Reply to  masr

I SAY we have TOLERATED them TOO LONG!! NO MORE TOLERANCE for INCOMPETENCE!!!

rocky
rocky

To bad Fox is intimadated by China

Cowgirl Diva
Cowgirl Diva
Reply to  rocky

FOX…no doubt….has been on the CCP payroll for quite a while now…!! There are so many “journalists” who make upwards of $1.5 million/week (!!!!!!$$$$$) paid for by CCP..!!

Old school
Old school
Reply to  Cowgirl Diva

I think that’s a little over to the line you don’t know

Ernie
Ernie
1 year ago

I liked his show should have fired Wallace

Barney
Reply to  Ernie

amen to that

Beverly Skinner
Beverly Skinner
Reply to  Ernie

EXACTLY!! I never COULD STAND that WORM!!

S.L.
S.L.
Reply to  Ernie

Their are several people on Fox News that are great. But there are also some that I just turn off. They do show the left speaking points but that’s what a good news station does. I turn off Wallace, Juan, Tarlov and a few others when they get into their Obama and liberal talk. Dobbs should not have been let go as he was interesting to listen to and spoke what he believed and was good at his job. Shame on Fox for this move. As far as Ryan, he’s a snake in the grass and a political hack. Like diversity in news but people like him are insulting.

Old school
Old school
Reply to  Ernie

That I agree with

Philip Byler
Philip Byler
1 year ago

Bye, bye forever FOX. Lou Dobbs was good. The Dominion lawsuit is intended to intimidate and not be litigated fairly.

Gerry
Gerry
Reply to  Philip Byler

You are exactly right – Phillip !!

Old school
Old school
Reply to  Philip Byler

If they go to court the defense can look at their records and examine the machines

Rebecca
Rebecca
1 year ago

I had three reasons to watch Fox news; Lou Dobbs, Marie Bartiromo and Jennie Pirro. They have removed Lou Dobbs. Only two left; when that happens Fox news will be history.

Tina Betti
Tina Betti
Reply to  Rebecca

The same goes for me.

Rosemary
Rosemary
Reply to  Rebecca

And Greg Gutfeld, Mark Levin and Steve Hilton.

joe
joe

Bye bye FOX!

Teri
Teri
1 year ago

Just goes to show the height of their ignorance. Fox is becoming pitiful. Taking ones with any sense off the air. Maybe that is what they want. Keep digging, Fox, you will get there soon!

Cowgirl Diva
Cowgirl Diva
Reply to  Teri

They don’t need to keep digging…they are already in HE//…!!

Sharon
Sharon
1 year ago

Just another reason not to watch Fox. Lou was one of 2 shows that I tuned into Fox to see. Now it’s just one. Paul Ryan and the other libs running the network are destroying the formerly conservative network.

TWm
TWm
Reply to  Sharon

Paul Ryan and Mitch did a good job of destroying a majority congress, both ruin everything they touch, the mark of a successful lib.

Cowgirl Diva
Cowgirl Diva
1 year ago

FOX is going straight to HE// where they belong..!! They did you a favor, Lou…Thank them, move on and now find a FREE SPEECH REAL JOURNALIST ZONE..!!

DSD
DSD
Reply to  Cowgirl Diva

Are there any left (left, pun)? When they create a podium for ALL the people the big boys shut them down (Parlar) Pray that God will reveal all the lies and evil doings of madmen.

Fred Edwards
Fred Edwards
1 year ago

The cancel culture wins out.
Lou Dobbs was the only reason I ever watched Fox Business

Grace
Grace
Reply to  Fred Edwards

The secret is out there. Everyone know the Democrats cheated big time in the 2020 election. Even they admit it and have told everyone how they did it and they are proud of it. If the Supreme Court hadn’t refused to hear the mountains of evidence the Republicans had the might not have gotten away with it. But that’s another story and Justice Roberts might have to face his maker for destroying the Republic. For FOX and all the other news outlets to keep on denying it is futile. THE SECRET IS OUT. !

Chris
Chris

Lou go the Newsmax or OAN where they report REAL NEWS, not communist Propaganda

Beverly Skinner
Beverly Skinner
Reply to  Chris

NEWSMAX CENSORS your comments!! I cancelled them too. From now on I get my REAL NEWS HERE

1 year ago

The lefties go to all the websites and try to twist or cancel voices who speak the truth.

Paul Alexander
Paul Alexander
1 year ago

What a shame that the media giant is caving to the pressure from this company which was involved in a crooked election. Firing Dobbs and anyone else because of this nonsense, it an abandonment by Fox of the principles involved in free expression and reporting of the news. Less and less reason to turn on Fox!

bo navajo
bo navajo
1 year ago

I quit watching FOX in 2019 because of their bias toward Trump. The baby bears and wives can now tell everyone at their ELITE cocktail parties they have made good on their desire to turn fox into a mainstream news channel like CNN. Bet their ratings tank an advertisers flee they had better hope the liberal elite companies pick up the advertising losses. Also bet Hannity and Ingram will be next. Also the three talking heads on their early morning show had better start becoming pro Biden or their asses will go too.

I recommend watching OAN.

I watch Newsmax too but not the show were the anchor did, like liberals do when they can win a disagreement, got up and walked off the air when speaking with Mike Lindell about his proof of voter fraud. He s/b on the VIEW as they have a habit of doing that. He should watch Mike’s program on OAN called ABSOLUTE TRUTH and he s/b fired for unprofessional conduct.

As an opinion program host you don’t just get up and walk off if you don’t like what the person you invited to come on your show says. You present FACTS that counter his claim. If you can’t do that at the time you simply say you need to do some research about his claims and will invite him back for another discussion.

I invite everyone to watch it, especially voter fraud deniers, as it presents absolute evidence, provable in a court of law, that voter fraud did occur with Dominion Voting Machines and HOW IT OCCURRED. If I was one of the people or business being sued by them I would have all of the people showing proof of vote switching by dominion machines testify at my trial. The discovery portion of the trial should leave no doubt about what their machines did and how they did it.

Grace
Grace
1 year ago

Not much left of FOX to bother. I do have choices. Unfortunately I am a news junkie and my habit needs constant feeding. I switch back and forth from OANN, Newsmax and FOX. OAN and Newsmax are a breath of fresh air after Juan Willioms takes over the conversation on The Five. His ignorance is stunning and insulting. OANN has some very good investigative reporting and Newsmax is right up to the minute all the time.I also switch to CNN and the rest of the alphabet channels to catch up on what the left is up to. It pains me but if you are going to keep up with the madness you have to listen to the whole nine yards.

Beverly Skinner
Beverly Skinner
1 year ago

I quit watching any of them over almost two yrs ago except for Mark Levin. I will watch him as long as he is on there!! I keep expecting them to drop him any day because he is so ADAMANT about being Conservative!! And about the RIGHT THING to DO!!!

DSD
DSD
1 year ago

There are so FEW good men with integrity left.

Patricia
Patricia
1 year ago

Fox News is digging a hole so deep it will never climb out! One more reason for me to stop watching this channel! Lou Dobbs tells the truth so the left wants to silence him! I hope he goes to OAN or another conservative channel so I can continue to watch him. Bye bye Fox!

Reply to  Patricia

Fox is under pressure from the Communist party in the White House to change the narrative and not present the evidence, or the facts. Its the shadow government behind the scenes trying to totally change America.

Grubbles

Fox needs Lou!!!
There are only a hand full of Fox hosts that are keeping Fox barley alive and on life support! Let Fox, once the Goliath of Cable News, finish committing suicide.
Lou, on the other hand, can always find another venue because he is the talent; not Fox.
I bet that Lou will find a spot in the new Trump media platform that I’ve been hearing about. I hope it’s true! That, and a new Patriot Party would be awesome. Trump can take all of Fox’s real talent and make them his own.

alzada
alzada
Reply to  Grubbles

RIGHT ON !!

Francesco Borghese
Francesco Borghese
1 year ago

Lou was great and Fox is acting very scared. Shame on them and the system that creates this situation

KAJ
KAJ
1 year ago

I never watch Fox anymore. Welcome to North Korea.

Waneta
1 year ago

Just another nail in Fox coffin! They are determined to kill themselves!!

Black Jack
Black Jack

Black Jack

Black Jack
Black Jack
Reply to  Black Jack

FOX was the only “American” style network that was worth listening except NewsMax. Can’t figure why previous programs like this one was cancelled, either. Except for Hannity, Tucker and Laura there seems to be no other reason to watch FOX. I think the managers of FOX must be the biggest collection of Thumb Suckers-Bed Wetters and overall “Mental Midgets” in the news business. Well, I guess I will get my news from “The History Channel” which covers how news must have been told in the past !

Jerry Moore
Jerry Moore
1 year ago

Fox News is getting worse by the hour
Why don’t you dumb mfing morons get rid of dough boy neil bone head Chrissy Wallace stupid ding bat 🦇 Juan Williams and several others plus several bitches

ANT-NEE
ANT-NEE
Reply to  Jerry Moore

RIGHT ON JERRY ABOUT CHRISSY TALLASS AND DONG WILLIAMS

ALSCV
ALSCV
1 year ago

Fox has become liberal and tries to suppress the truth. Giving in to liberals is wrong. Dobbs is a good honest conservative. .I have already started watching OAN and now will do so more often. Tuckerm Hannity Ingrham and Judge Jeannine have good shows How long will it be before they cancel them? That will ruin Fox News and maybe that needs to ;happen.

Frances Mejia
Frances Mejia
1 year ago

I stopped watching FOX right after the elections. I was so disgusted the way they were lying about every state results. I felt they were stealing the elections together with the putrid DEMoniacs. The only show I watch now is Tucker. He really has ‘balls’.

Jerry Moore
Jerry Moore
1 year ago

Fox News is heading for disaster with siding in with the deplorable communist democrats

deejay
deejay
1 year ago

I, too, love Lou Dobbs! He is always straight forward with his brilliance. His comments, and strong defense of the truth with facts is unmatched. I am really surprised at how long Fox allowed him to continue on the air. He will be greatly missed. I hope that he does not retire any time soon. He is too good and too plainspoken to sail away into the sunset. As for Fox – what a disappointment they have been over the past few years. It WAS a truly great network, even with Chris Wallace, who faked his way into making people think that he was as brilliant as his father. He gradually turned against the truth and now look at him! I have already turned off Fox – but watch Lou on Youtube – what will I do now? God bless you, Lou. You have made many lives better and kept many hopes alive with your broadcasts.

d w
d w
1 year ago

And the DAMRATS win again because conservatives fold up like cheap accordions. How disgusting.

Any Reasoning Chimp would conclude Biden did not win election and a coup was committed against the people of the US. ITS FREAKING OBVIOUS! WHY ARE WE BEING TOLD NOT TO BELIEVE OUR EYES!

BOB N
BOB N
Reply to  d w

Guess I will have to go back to watching “The Lone Ranger” re-runs in that time slot.

jayne
jayne
1 year ago

What a Mistake you have made! Now, after this huge mistake I am leaving Fox News.

gramma
1 year ago

Smartmatic and Dominion are guilty. And it will be proven without a doubt. Eric Coomer of Dominion said he had made sure Trump would not win. He rigged the machines someway and he also claimed the fix would not be detected. Apparently someone smarter than Coomer figured it out!

ANT-NEE
ANT-NEE
Reply to  gramma

THERE IS A SHOW ON OAN NEWS CALLED ABSOLUTE TRUTH. LOOK IT UP. THEY PROVE THE ELECTION WAS A SCAM. HOSTED BY MIKE LINDELL THE MY PILLOW GUY.

1 year ago

Lets face it, the cabal that is trying to change and influence all American institutions, including media and Tech companies, they want Fox to become a total socialist cover up station, so the American people are not informed on the facts and events changing the world. They want to get rid of any Conservative thoughts or values, not the same news station that Roger Ailes founded that took off like a firestorm with real news, truth, and substance. Lou isn’t conforming to their ideology, neither did Trish Reagan. Theres always room for real news stations who present the facts and the truth.

Shuggs
1 year ago

The firing of Lou Dobbs is just another reason for me to stop watching FOX after being a regular viewer for the past 16 years. My decision to stop watching began with the anti-Trumper twits, Chris Wallace, Neil Cauvato, Juan Williams and a number of others. It’s unfortunate FOX chose to fire the wrong people.

Bill Littleton
Bill Littleton
1 year ago

Just one more reason why I have dropped Fox News as any type of news source on cable, on the air (satellite) and on the internet. All apps deleted and switched to OANN. Perhaps OAN will pick Lou Dobbs up or he can resume his radio show! Good Luck Lou and you should be pleased to out from under the Fox Bolshevik structure!

soupy
soupy
1 year ago

Another step in the way of truth. Admitting that Fox is no longer Fair and Balanced, but probably owned by GS, like all the others

Greg
Greg
1 year ago

Theres PLENTY of the vidence the election was stolen. All these democrats are attempting to do is to COVER IT UP.
None of the evidence nor Testimony was E-V-E-R even HEARD in any court.

Bella
Bella
1 year ago

Will I guess I stop watching all Fox shows. They let a great man go. They should be ashamed what they did.

G BAR
G BAR
1 year ago

Dobs needs to go to one american news OAN. SEE YOU THEN !

Bill Williams
1 year ago

One of the few that FOX had that spoke the truth, FOX is dumber than those other media creeps. Well, that screws if for FOX, now let them live with declining audience, or maybe some socialist viewers will sign on. (four letter word here) Them!

1 year ago

You know what, if websites are now changing words of people, then don’t go on the website.

Fay Butler
Fay Butler
1 year ago

Travesty. The same claims made against Dobbs could more easily be made about many other newspeople on the left side of things. I hope this means there will be law suits filed against these people.

Retired Marine
Retired Marine
1 year ago

Well I FIRED fox no-news long ago. The communist propaganda machine holds no allure for me.

Omega 2
1 year ago

SMARTMATIC is about to get their ” DEPENDS ” REMOVED by all these Defendants and their real true facts of this ROGUE COMPANY’S ILLEGAL ACT of setting up there algorythems to count ” ONE FOR YOU, THREE FOR ME ” program, and the TALLY WAS REGISTERED IN GERMANY AND SPAIN!

Henry
Henry
1 year ago

More than ever, patriots need an available news source that is NOT censored by MSM and associated sources (to include the US government). There is plenty of conservative money in the country to establish such a source, if they will just “pony up”. Surely there are rich people in America who love this country more than they do Communist China! They should ask themselves, “Is there any better way that a rich patriot can spend his money, other than the establishment of a pro-American news source? Two or three billionaires in concert should do the trick. And such a thing can be done almost overnight.

kbhret
kbhret

Hope Lou moves over to NewsMax

Faith Matsuoka
Faith Matsuoka
1 year ago

I am just sick that they fired Lou Dobbs. He didn’t do anything wrong, and with what just came out, now everyone knows that TRUMP WON, so there is no reason for Fox to fire him. I’m just getting sick of Fox. Everyone will soon leave them in the dust, if they don’t change their ways.

1 year ago

The 2020 Election was a fraud and Smartmatic voting machines played a large roll in the fraud.

The left will continue to try to get people to not believe this but all anyone has to do is look at the FACTS and they can see that the election was a fraud.

LAURA S HOOVER
LAURA S HOOVER
1 year ago

WE GO WHERE YOU GO LOU , THANK YOU FOR FIGHTING FOR US AND THE USA ,WHEN TUCKER, LAURA, AND HANNITY GO , FOX WILL DIE FOREVER. WE ARE ON NEWSMAX MOST OF THE TIME , GOOD BYE COMMUNIST

John Strom
John Strom
1 year ago

The election WAS a fraud and those Dominion voting machines and the SmartMatic software were DESIGNED to flip votes from Trump to Biden. Those being sued should sue Dominion and its owners as well as SmartMatic and its owners.

James A Pappas
James A Pappas
1 year ago

Gufield, Watters, Levine, Tucker, Hannity, Laura, Maria B.,and so many more are still on Fox. The amazing thing is that when you watch them, you can tell that they all respect and care for each and every one. You can actually see the disgust he has when he listens to that true idiot, Juan and Greg can hardly wait to respond with sanity when Juan finishes his “thoughts” and “beliefs”! When Fox hired Paul Ryan, I nearly fell off my chair. He is the main reason nothing was done the first two years when the President had both houses and could have done what is being done now. He was a true traitor to our country, as was many other “republicans” who had no problem lying to their voters. To top that all off, they brought in that liar Donna Brazil(?)!!!!! A true Hillary confidant, can you believe that ? Whenever they put her on, I turn the channel because I can’t even stand the sight of her! I just hope Fox sees their error and get’s rid of all those who can’t see eye to eye with their true followers. Let’s hope so.