Romney Admits Trump Would Win 2024 Nomination by a ‘Landslide’

Hentschel / MSC / CC BY 3.0 DE (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/de/deed.en)

Longtime Trump rival Senator Mitt Romney can’t ignore the fact that Trump is still the face of the Republican Party and the people are standing by his side. Despite his own feelings towards the former president Romney couldn’t help but admit to New York Times reporter, Andrew Ross Sorkin that he believes Trump would win the Republican nomination in 2024 by a “landslide.”

The Daily Wire reports:

“Will President Trump continue to play a role in my party? I’m sure he will,” Romney said. “He has by far the largest voice and a big impact in my party. I don’t know about his family members, whether they intend to do that, but I expect he will continue playing a role.”

“I don’t know if he’ll run in 2024 or not, but if he does, I’m pretty sure he will win the nomination,” Romney continued.

Acknowledging that “a lot can happen between now and 2024,” Romney said “the polls show that, among the names being floated as potential contenders in 2024, if you put President Trump in there among Republicans he wins in a landslide.”

Romney nevertheless maintained that he would never vote for Trump, even if he does run again. “I would not be voting for President Trump again. I haven’t voted for him in the past. I would be getting behind somebody in the tiny wing of the Republican Party that I represent.”

Trump is scheduled to speak at this weekend’s Conservative Political Action Conference in Florida where many are speculating if the former president will outline his future political plans.

WARNING!!
WARNING!!
1 year ago

If Albert Hess comments on this Web site, please ignore him. He is rude, crude, filthy, absolutely disgusting in his comments and not worth any responses whatsoever. He is a democrat troll on all conservative Web sites and is just looking for attention. Scroll right past his name. Just a positive suggestion for this Web site!!

Naomi Christensen
Naomi Christensen
Reply to  WARNING!!

My advice exactly – ignore him and he’ll go away.

1 year ago

Are you SURE that was not Hess that you just replied to?? And does he get paid for all comments ABOUT HIM TOO???

Reply to  WARNING!!

Thank you. You just confirmed what I already thought.

Retired Marine
Retired Marine
Reply to  WARNING!!

Well it only has one functioning brain cell. A common occurrence among demoncrats.

Nunya Biznazz
Nunya Biznazz
Reply to  WARNING!!

Don’t forget to downvote.

Dee S
Reply to  WARNING!!

Hes like a pesky knat.

maria
maria
Reply to  WARNING!!

yes, don´t trust this snake. He is a liar and hopefully he will be thrown out of the GOP party and he thinks he can still spy for the democRats

steveo
steveo
Reply to  WARNING!!

his actual name is adolph hess!

Todd Nelson
Todd Nelson

For Romney, that would be the RINO wing

Gary Von Neida
Reply to  Todd Nelson

Had it not been for the traitor Romney the election farce would not have passed muster.

Retired Marine
Retired Marine
Reply to  Todd Nelson

Romney is a demobitch, liar, traitor, and fool. Otherwise he’s ok…NOT.

Gary Von Neida
1 year ago

As long as R.I.N.O.’s are in the GOP, that party is as dead as were the Whigs when Lincoln came along—THIRD PARTY TIME.

paula
paula
Reply to  Gary Von Neida

Romney is a greedy man just like other Rino globalist thinking of only self.

Allen K Nielsen
Allen K Nielsen
Reply to  paula

he gave $25,000 to the Lincoln Project

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  Gary Von Neida

The Dems out number the Republicans in number by a substantial amount. I have read a poll found 46% of Republicans said they would leave to join a new DJT party. I don’t understand how anyone except the Dems could and would win elections……. please, tell me how. Conservatives must find a way to win the Senate and House majorities in 2022…….time is short and circumstance is dire!

Reply to  maxibaby

EXACTLY!! Contact your “State” House Reps!! THEY are the ones that make the LAWS for your State!! TELL them you want your ROLLS CLEANED UP, the Dominion Machines GONE and Conservative watchers within 6 ft of the Counting Machine AND at the TABLE of the Machine that VERIFIES ALL Signatures!! And NO late mail-ins!!! Absentee ONLY!!!
And that is NOT the Reps that go to DC. to make NATIONAL LAWS!! They are the ones that make the Laws for your state ONLY!!!’ Keep bugging them till you get RESULTS!!!
I am after Mine At this time to make Laws that state Alabama does NOT have to follow ANY LAW the LIBS make that is Detrimental to our Health or Freedoms of any kind!!!

1 year ago

The Dakotas, Texas, Fla, Ok. and Northern Mich are already making those LAWS!!

Allen K Nielsen
Allen K Nielsen
Reply to  maxibaby

Primary all RINOs.

soupy
soupy
1 year ago

The only things he might say that would be unbelieveable, are positive things. He only knows,and speaks Negative.

Walkin O'Shea
1 year ago

I feel sorry for Mitt Romney because he hasn’t come to terms with his loss to Obama, this has colored his politics and his feelings toward a winner like Donald Trump. Romney did everything in his power to lose to Obama, and now he’s become a Republican sad sack who has no place in the party. He would be better off running as a democrat. He shown that he just isn’t conservative enough for ‘we the people’ as proven by his attempts to thwart President Trumps every move. Romney showed he was not an America First kind of guy. Maybe he’d be better in the America Last camp.

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  Walkin O'Shea

Don’t think he could win as a Democrat. His constituents are very conservative Republicans.

Allen K Nielsen
Allen K Nielsen
Reply to  maxibaby

As a so called constituent, I pray that we can get rid of him in 2024. Greates embarassment for Utah ever!

Walkin O'Shea
Reply to  maxibaby

Well I certainly hope they have the wherewithal to remove him when the time comes. He is a poor representative of conservative views.

Reply to  Walkin O'Shea

It is my belief that these RINOs are in there to vote AGAINST anything the Conservatives try to get in!!! Which they do most of the time!! Also vote FOR anything the LIBS want. That way we cannot replace them with STRONG FIGHTERS FOR WE THE REAL AMERICANS!!!

Elizabeth Estrada
1 year ago

LISTEN UP…I VOTED for MITT ROMNEY..Back in the DAY…NEVER AGAIN. He is NOT a GOOD LEADER. I also VOTED for JOHN McCAIN but He Went against TRUMP. A REPUBLICAN Who turns on another REPUBLICAN is a BACKSTABBER.TRUMP is a GOOD LEADER. I Can See WHY GOD Chose HIM to Become the TRUMPET for the UNITED STATES of AMERICA. GOD is NOT Thru with TRUMP Yet. HE is STILL in GOD’S DIVINE PLAN. From SamuraiQueen. 😄😄😄

Cheryl N
Cheryl N
1 year ago

Yes ma’m you are not wrong in God not being done with Trump, HE took him out of office because they were going to try to impeach him again…not so lol

1 year ago

Lessor of two evils!! I have done that too!! But NO MORE!! This Election has showed me that we NEED to take the HOUSE AND THE SENATE to IMPEACH WHOEVER ends up as our POTUS in the VERY NEAR FUTURE!! And we need to FORCE, if need be, our Reps to DO THEIR JOBS ALL the way down to DOG-CATCHER!!! Do that so they NEVER get the idea that we are EVER going to let things slide AGAIN!!!

henk_USA
henk_USA
1 year ago

simply because president TRUMP was making $4 bucks for 4 years.
let’s look at those dirty Rats….which one is NOT a millionaire?
we should come out a system for those liars’ wage change to hourly base. $15 bucks per hour. any of the impeachment task will be a non pay jobs.

maxibaby
maxibaby
1 year ago

Well, I guess Mitt has some minuscule amount of intelligence in his thick RINO skull! Amazing!
Primary the hell out of him! 👍

Barry Johnson
Barry Johnson
Reply to  maxibaby

WE WILL ! ! ! ! !
Barry (Utah)
PO1 USN RET
Vietnam 3x

Mike MacDonald
Mike MacDonald
1 year ago

Where does Romney get off calling it his party?

Nanci
Nanci
Reply to  Mike MacDonald

I know…I thought the same thing! Really!?!?!

Reply to  Mike MacDonald

EXACTLY!!!

henk_USA
henk_USA
1 year ago

mitt romney = liz cheney = dirty holes.

1 year ago

Mitt the snit needs to go away. He is a loser. He could have learned so much from Donald Trump but he was too self-absorbed to realize it.

1 year ago

Why is my comment waiting for approval? Trump Train News is becoming as bad as Twitter, Google and Facebook, with their censor BS.

JOHN
JOHN

My President Donald Trump 2024. AMEN

JP Halegan
JP Halegan
1 year ago

Romney hasn’t been RINO since He was a MASSHOLE!

Richard
Reply to  JP Halegan

He sucked then and he sucks now.

Bidencheats
1 year ago

Take your ball and go home Mittens we do not like you anymore you backstabber. Go hang out with the BOY from Kenya

Cheryl N
Cheryl N
1 year ago

WOW the man finally got something right!!

Barry Johnson
Barry Johnson
Reply to  Cheryl N

PLEASE . . . Don’t insult men

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Sore loser

Patal
1 year ago

Go away Romney. We don’t care about you.

Patal
1 year ago

Romney needs to be primaried.
it makes me sick to think that I voted for him. However, I was really voting against Obama. And I was right, Obama turned out to be the worst President in U.S. history.

GJB
GJB
Reply to  Patal

When does Romney come up for a vote again? I hope nobody votes for the creep,

Anna
Anna
1 year ago

Snake is trying to save his sore A*** . I know President Trump will GOP nomination for 2024, but RINO ROMNEY just wants to save himself. Do not belive for second that he does not have hidden agenda. ROMEYCONDA. 101.

rich
rich
1 year ago

He is in a tiny wing of congress because he has a tiny mind like some of his body parts

Nunya Biznazz
Nunya Biznazz
1 year ago

Romney: …”my party”…”my party”…
Correction, Mr. Romney. It’s OUR PARTY!

Barry Johnson
Barry Johnson

Hey Mit the Twit
Where do you get off referring to the Republican party as being “my party”
You are still a whosachussets. dumbocrapper, you never left them.
You and your pal Pennsylvania or*lsn*tch. *=a
Barry (Utah)
PO1 USN RET
Vietnam 3x

Dee S
1 year ago

President Trump has done whats right for America and for her faithful citizens, doing good things. I remember when Rush said he learned the psychology of why some people hated him. He said, “Being hated was a sign of success.” “Accept it and understand it.” Lesson: Don’t backdown from doing your job and working for the best interests of people, even if people hate you for being a success at it.

roberto zanella
roberto zanella
1 year ago

GOP dont wait again minuts to fired Mr Romney false Republican. Cleaning the GOP !!

Robert
Robert
1 year ago

Romney needs to join the dems. The only reason he isn’t is because he wants to take of space from a true conservitive.
Maybe thats a thought .Get a bunch of conservatives to run as democrats. & turn against them in there own party.
Vote down every bill they come up with.

G BAR RED
G BAR RED
1 year ago

RINO MITCH IS JUST DUCKIN FOR COVER . THE TRAITOR SHOULD BE HUNG.

THE CONSTITUTIONAL UTAHN’S WILL TAKE HIM DOWN.

SHAME !

1 year ago

WOW!!! Just LOOK At all of the RINOs or AINOs that are standing in LINE to tell how they think Trump will win in 2024!! They must all be up for re-election!!!

Allen K Nielsen
Allen K Nielsen
1 year ago

What an “ego”. It is not his party and he doesn’t represent anybody!

Bruce House
Bruce House
1 year ago

About time he said something right!

George
1 year ago

Don’t know “who”this jerk is & could care less. He’s probably a “plant”, so ignore him. As for Mitt Romney, he’s a RINO who “lost” way back “when” & like Pelosi, just “can’t let it go. WHY “these people re-elect him is beyond me.PEOPLE support TRUMP “because” he “thinks” like “we” do! He’s NOT a “politician” AND that’s “WHY” we support him! TRUMP WANTS WHAT IS GOOD FOT AMERICA! PERIOD! TRUMP wants to help “US”! He’s NOT “beholden” to ANYBODY in “THE SWAMP” & THIS is “WHY” they HATE him so much!THEY FEAR HIM “because” the “people” ARE with with him & what he stands for! SO! Let’s get RID of the polluted “elections” & “HOPE” that the “pillow guy” can go to court AND “let the truth” be known. re: Dominion& Smart(whatever) . @ this point, “we” can ONLY HOPE for a “non-biased” Judge, who strictly “interprets” the CONSTITUTION!