Trump to Deliver Speech at North Carolina GOP Covention

Gage Skidmore via Flickr

Former President Trump is set to deliver a speech at next month’s Republican Party convention in North Carolina. The news comes as Trump continues to hint at possibly mounting a third presidential campaign in 2024.

The Hill reports:

“We are honored to welcome President Trump to our convention as the Republican Party launches our campaign to retake Congress and the Senate in the 2022 midterms,” North Carolina GOP chair Michael Whatley said in a statement.

The former president’s presence at the event will likely foreshadow the role he will play in galvanizing the Republican base ahead of the midterms. Democrats have increasingly made inroads in the southern state in recent years, winning the governor’s mansion in 2016.

However, Republicans narrowly defended the state in last year’s presidential elections. Trump won the Tar Heel State by just over a point last year, while incumbent Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) defeated Democratic challenger Cal Cunningham by less than two points.

This time around, Democrats are eyeing retiring Sen. Richard Burr‘s (R-N.C.) seat as they prepare to defend and grow their narrow Senate majority in 2022.

Trump’s daughter-in-law Lara has also hinted at mounting a Senate campaign but has yet to make any formal announcement.

Susan Dudak
Susan Dudak

So so thankful that President Trump is still there fighting for us and this country. Best president of my lifetime. Biden and his cohorts are a disaster and are going to ruin this beautiful country.

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
Reply to  Susan Dudak

I agree. Let’s start with getting back the house and the Senate. That’s the only way we can stop this INSANITY until 2024.

M.Robertson

AMEN

Micala
Micala

Actually we need to get rid of Pelosi who is responsible for so much of the unrest in our country, i.e. demonstrations across our nation that turned into riots, the Invasion of DC which was blamed on Trump but was actually Pelosi’s Attack Dogs Antifa and BLM dressed like Trump supporters. Pelosi is the instigator of all of that! She must go!

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
Reply to  Micala

I agree and hope it happens. But, only for those that live in CA. They’re the ones who can and need to vote her out.
I can assure you that it won’t be easy.
Not sure that enough people are awake in her district. Let’s pray!

Joe Fioravanti
Joe Fioravanti
Reply to  Micala

You are so right that Pelosi is responsible for the invasion of the Capital Building on January 6, 2021. She knew that there was a good possibility of trouble at the Capita that day and she never made arrangements to have the area and the Capital Building tightly secured. In my opinion she allowed Antifa and BLM tostorm the Capital Building dressed in MAGA hats so she and her lying Cohorts could start a fake narative Against President Trump and started to proceed to with that Narative to impeach Him again. We as Trump supporters should March on Washington keeping many blocks away and demand that they resign from Office they were elected to uphold. The only thing the Democrats upheld was a vendetta to try and Remove President Elect Donald J. Trump from Office and when they stole the Election they pursued to try and ban him from Politics forever. They were really afraid of him as they fear his return to correct all the Unlawful things they did to bring our Country to its knees. We have Radical Islamic Muslims in our Congress that shouldn’t be allowed as the speak of Anti-Semitism day after day. They also have to be removed from Political Office for having the Hatred for Jews and Christians they so proudly announce. Personally I don’t know how President Donald J. Trump had survived his four years in office with the constant harassment he had gone through except for his Love of the United States of America. God Bless President Donald J. Trump and God Bless America.

Terry
Reply to  Joe Fioravanti

You are 100% right!

Terry
Reply to  Micala

And get rid of crazy Maxine Waters!

D. Richard Tonge
D. Richard Tonge
Reply to  Susan Dudak

So you like Presidents who have been Impeached twice with plenty of evidence?

anonyous
anonyous

and you like dictators? interesting.

Danny Bruno
Danny Bruno
Reply to  anonyous

You have a dumb dictator now but a stupid one

Danny Bruno
Danny Bruno

Did I miss the impeachment trial .

paw paw
paw paw
Reply to  Danny Bruno

FAYE
FAYE

YOU ARE STUPID….IDENTIFY THE EVIDENCE IDIOT

anniedawn

Evidence? WHAT EVIDENCE? LIES DO NOT COUNT NOR DOES WISHFUL THINKING!

Terry
Reply to  anniedawn

You said plenty of evidence so put up or shut up.

Terry

You don’t know what you are talking about

paw paw
paw paw

Evidence up yours! Yet to be seen!

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl

I’m thrilled if President Trump decides to run again. However, I also have a heavy heart about what the media will put him through. I’m also a little concerned if there’s younger candidates who might want to run, and the vote might be split then. But, I can’t wait to hear what he has to say. Will we even have a country left by then?

Susanna
Susanna

Good questions….”Will we have a country left by then?” If Republicans sit on their hands, then NO we will not have a country left. Time for action.

D. Richard Tonge
D. Richard Tonge

The media only reports what he says.

anniedawn

Not exactly. They actually twist it to what their teeny-tiny little brains THINK that is what he said.

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
Reply to  anniedawn

Not to mention the soft ball questions.
It’s sickening to watch. I still want to know what they give corrupt joe in times he needs to be somewhat alert?

Judith Chum
Judith Chum

God is watching

Dee S
Reply to  Judith Chum

One Day God is going to see to it that evil withers like the grass. Those who denied him and did evil will be judged harshly.

Betty Rickmond
Betty Rickmond

President Trump’s age will not be a factor if he
runs, again, in 2024. His brilliance and love
of this country will surpass any younger
candidates.

D. Richard Tonge
D. Richard Tonge
Reply to  Betty Rickmond

Most likely he will be in jail by 2024

anonyous
anonyous

don’t think so. your elected ones might be

Judith Chum
Judith Chum

No way! All of the corrupt dems will be behind
bars after years of their sneaky bull shit. And
Dolling out our money. Barack Obama and billions of our dollars in the wee hours of the morning to Iran. He and his followers are scum.
Wake the fk up.

anniedawn

Probably not. God will send a party-specific pandemic and all the communist, deep staters, WOKE imbeciles will be gone. Did you notice the highest number of pandemic deaths were mostly in blue states?

Carolyn Goodin
Carolyn Goodin

Don’t bet on it!

Dee S

You communists are jealous of anyone capable of leading the country in truth and honor, you only know how to destroy.

Judith Chum
Judith Chum
Reply to  Betty Rickmond

I totally agree

Donald J. Trump is the best President in my lifetime – and I’m old!

Bruce Bluemel
Reply to  Casey

Amen Casey. Same here and I’m old too. 80 years young

Susanna
Susanna
Reply to  Bruce Bluemel

God Bless You!

George

GO TRUMP! The “left” FEARS” YOU! TUFF! “America” Knows “what you stand for! “You” may not say it eloquently, but “WHO” cares! YOU STAND FOR “WHAT” WE THINK IS RIGHT! LOTS of Americans support you! “HOW” else, “could” the Swamp, & the DEEP STATE HATE “YOU” so much! “THEY” are imbedded in ALL of Gov’t. & “WE” are sick of it! “WE” want YOU back!

Susanna
Susanna

We have a lot of RINO’s in the Republican Party. Democrats will defend each other to the death, even if they’re as corrupt as heck, but Republicans don’t stick together which is a huge liability to the party. Whether the Republican Party can endure will depend upon whether they can stick together. When you’re dealing with a Socialist regime trying to change voting laws so they can win until eternity with their illegals voting, prisoners voting, and dead people voting, and double voting, it gets pretty dicey.

Nicholas St Jon
Reply to  Susanna

See what Dan Shultz is doing with precinct strategy, this is the way we take back our country and the Repub party

JP Halegan
JP Halegan

We really need Trump’s leadership in order to fight off the flames of marxism …. I will await his appearance at the NC GOP Convention!!!

John Procidano
John Procidano

Mr. Trump and anyone following his beliefs will always be welcome. Reading he may be running in 2024, brings a breath of fresh air to NH. Thank you.

M.Robertson

Sick-um MR.PRESIDENT (TRUMP).

Carol
Carol

TRUMP-GIVE THEM HELL

Patsy Lopez de-Victoria
Patsy Lopez de-Victoria

Trump is the best President we have had in my lifetime. He is the only one that has cared for the American people and done what the people of this country wanted, not what his party wanted, but the people. Thank you God for sending this wonderful man to protect us and I pray he will be back to protect us again after all this corruption is over and done with. You are still our President and will be no matter what. We the People, Love you.

Terry

Oh, I can’t wait to see President Trump speak, again!
Best President ever! 🥳👏🎉

Terry

And get rid of the communist “squad”.

Dee S

President Trump has the best policies, and he won the election because of them. The left isn’t even a choice for America anymore,

Joy DB
Joy DB

This event will be SO exciting!! I can hardly wait to watch (on TV) and welcome him back to the FIGHT for America!! Thank you, Pres. Trump!! Indeed, “absence DOES make the heart grow fonder!” – and, I should add, “and beat a LOT faster!!”

American
American
Reply to  Joy DB

Well myself I can’t het that worked up over him . But he is definitely the best xnxx PRESIDENT. I have known since I have been alive for sure. I know the last few president’s we have had. I would not give a penny I found on the ground for. Obama is definitely the that has ever been !!! And can’t understand why they have a survey asking if he deserves a 3rd term . Hell he didn’t deserve the first one. Hillary would have been as bad if not worse. I could make a list of the ones that need to be flared on a set TRUMP TRAIN tracks . BUT it is so depressing even just thinking of THEIR names. And by the way may GOD BLESS YOU EXTREMELY WELL !!! FOR HAVING A REAL BRAIN.

SHEILA JOHNSON
SHEILA JOHNSON

I can’t wait for him to come back and take his rightful place as our duly elected President of the Republic. Our 19th president.

American
American
Reply to  SHEILA JOHNSON

Dear , I don’t know if you are the same Sheila Johnson I know from southern IL. But I do believe he is our 45th PRESIDENT. And you are right we need him back in. I don’t know why they call a cult because he is liked over that other IDIOT . To me it’s not hard to figure out why we want him over that clan of hoodlums . All of those COMMUNIST need to be chased out of our country or face a firing SQUAD.

Randall clark
Randall clark

Dictator “A$$HOLE” BITE-ONE, has a lot of room to talk!!! HE IS A BIG FAT F-IN LIAR!!! TO SAY TRUMP NEVER DID ANYTHING, OUGHT TO BE SAID IN FRONT OF A MIRROR!!! BITE-ONE HASNT DONE ANYTHING YET!!!!

American
American
Reply to  Randall clark

But rape our country

Jawad
Jawad

More power to you, Mr. President! Let’s kick the traitorous communist bastards out!