Kristi Noem Sparks 2024 Speculation with New PAC

Gage Skidmore Flickr

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem is adding fuel to the fire regarding 2024 presidential election rumors with her newly formed political action committee, Noem Victory Fund.

According to The Washington Examiner:

Noem Victory Fund is a federal fundraising committee enabling the governor to raise money she could then donate to candidates running for Congress and other down-ballot contests in 2022. Noem would not be the first Republican governor to use this strategy to accumulate allies inside the party in advance of a presidential bid. Noem is considered a 2024 contender, and her desire to pursue a run for higher office could explain the new PAC.

The governor turned into something of a conservative folk hero during the 2020 election cycle as she traveled the country campaigning for former President Donald Trump, while back home, she refused to implement restrictions on businesses or social gatherings in response to the coronavirus. Should Noem win reelection in the midterm elections, an outcome expected in ruby-red South Dakota, she would be positioned to mount a campaign for the GOP presidential nomination.

The voting is expected to begin in neighboring Iowa, with the traditional caucuses, a potential advantage for the small state governor. Indeed, Noem is headed to Des Moines in July to speak to an influential conservative group. A Noem spokesman did not return text messages and emails requesting a comment for this story. The treasurer for Noem Victory Fund also did not respond to an email requesting a comment.

According to a filing with the Federal Election Commission, Noem Victory Fund was established this month and is set up as a joint fundraising committee in conjunction with her reelection campaign, the leadership PAC she used during her tenure as South Dakota’s lone representative in the House; the reelection campaign of Lt. Gov. Larry Rhoden, SD Strong; a state-based PAC, and the South Dakota Republican Party.

Kat
Kat
1 year ago

I would not vote for Kristi Noem if she ran in 2024. On certain issues she has caved to the DemocRats and has appeared weak in standing up to them so no she would not get my vote. I support President Trump 💯 and I hope he runs for President in 2024. The Biden administration is a complete and total Fuck up and they need to go!!!

Bill Tremewan
Bill Tremewan
1 year ago

If Trump runs again, as I expect, Noem would be an exceptionally good choice for VP. Since Trump couldn’t run again after that, VP Noem would then be a great candidate for president. She has what it takes and is a true American.

James Jumonville
James Jumonville
1 year ago

Noem no way in 2024! Theses people think to much of themselves! It’s Trump or Bust!

1 year ago

I’m voting for Donald Trump because he was the best president in my lifetime. I hope that either Ron DeSantis or Josh Hawley run as his VP candidate. I don’t have any issues with Kristi Noem but she can use a little more maturing before running for president or vice president.

Catherine
Catherine
1 year ago

She chickened out on transgender issue in her state. No Norm!

Henry
Henry
1 year ago

There are several strong VP candidates for Trump to chose from. He could probably win with the weakest; so he should choose the one with whom he has the greatest rapport (like he should have done the last time). Actually it appears that the Republicans have strong presidential candidates for the next 16 years running. The Democrat Party has turned into an anti American socialist boondoggle. They will NOT again be effective for a generation. The Democrat vote cheating must NOT be allowed to stand any longer.

Viken Shirinian
Viken Shirinian
1 year ago

She should sit out 2024 and have Trump/DeSantis ticket win the 20204 in a landslide. Then in 2028, she can become DeSantis’s VP

trojan
1 year ago

Kristi is good, but she was wishy washy on the transgender issue for SD just because of the NCAA tournament intimidation. If Trump runs, then I think he has DeSantis and Candice Owens to pick from. I just hate to lose DeSantis as governor of Florida. I know there are others, but those are my two. If Trump doesn’t run, then I’m in the DeSantis camp with Candice as his VP. She will make any Republican presidential candidate a lot stronger. I want her because she’s unflappable and a bulldog. And give her 8 years as VP and she’d make a great president and I’d vote for her in a heartbeat. She has Donald Trump’s spine and tenacity. She will not be intimidated by anyone or any country. If we can survive these next two years, then the best is yet to come. This is the time the true American patriots need to step up and hold the line until we get to 2022. Let’s Roll!!

Anthony Petruzzi,jr