Is Fox News joining the rest of the media and buying into cancel culture? It seems that way.
On Friday, Politico Playbook first reported that former President Trump’s personal attorney and trusted adviser Rudy Giuliani and his son are banned from appearing on Fox News. The shocking news comes after the former New York City mayor stood by Trump’s side as he claimed election fraud manipulated the election in Biden’s favor, however, it’s not clear the exact reason for the ban
The Hill reports:
Prior to a scheduled appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Sept. 11, “Fox & Friends Weekend” co-host Pete Hegseth apparently called the former New York City mayor the night before and apologized, telling him he had been canceled from their guest list.
A source close to the former New York City mayor told Playbook that Giuliani had been upset by the decision because he had “done a big favor” for Rubert Murdoch [sic].
“He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City,” the source told Playbook.
Additionally, Giuliani’s son, Andrew, has also been reportedly banned, though it is unclear when that ban would have started. Since his New York gubernatorial campaign was initiated in May, Andrew Giuliani has not appeared on the network, Politico Playbook reported.
Reports say the ban came from top executives within the network but left out any specifics.