Trump Says This Possible 2024 Candidate Stands No Chance Against Him

Donald Trump via Gage Skidmore Flickr

Looking ahead to the next presidential election Americans have been closely watching two conservatives more than any others. Former President Trump has continued to drop clues that he’s strongly considering a third presidential run but newcomer Ron DeSantis’ popularity was spiked over the last year. However, in a potential matchup between the two Republicans, Trump says that DeSantis stands no chance of beating him.

The Hill reports:

“If I faced him, I’d beat him like I would beat everyone else,” Trump said during an interview with Yahoo Finance Live, set to be released on Monday.

However, the former president said he does not think he will face DeSantis in 2024, adding that “I think most people would drop out, I think he would drop out.”

Despite speculation that DeSantis is considering a presidential campaign a spokeswoman for the Florida governor says that he’s only focused on doing his job.

“I just do my job. You know, we work hard, obviously, our state has led on a lot of things, including on this [monoclonal antibody treatment]. Now other states are copying us. But that’s what it’s really all about. Just helping folks here. I hear all this stuff and honestly, it’s nonsense. So, you know, I don’t really know what to say to rumors,” he added at the time.

Trump told Hannity in July during an interview that he has made a decision about his plans for 2024. Last month, the former president said it was an “easy question” whether he will run again.

Given the choice between Ron DeSantis and Donald Trump who do you think best represents the Republican Party? Tell us in the comments below.

Joey Baloney
Joey Baloney

I know this will never come to pass, but I think DeSantis should consider being Trump’s running mate.

Michele
Michele
Reply to  Joey Baloney

I would love seeing a Trump/DeSantis ticket in 2024
because these 2 Conservatives appear to be representative of Conservatives who have largely been ignored by entire Democratic Party.

Danna Stevens
Danna Stevens
Reply to  Michele

Know THIS will never happen, but would RATHER see a DeSantis/Trump ticket! Trump can provide a lot of helpful back-up, and there are a lot of people who would support that ticket, as opposed to the other way around! Ron has a level head, plus his years as a military lawyer, giving him an advantage as to what he Can/Cannot Do LEGALLY!

Roseann Carpenter
Roseann Carpenter
Reply to  Danna Stevens

Former President Trump also has a level head, and a very intelligent approach to running our country, he is unparalleled in my history. And nobody pushes him around, dear DeSantis is also wonderful and would make a great VP. This way he’d learn the swamp and be there in 28

Gordon
Gordon
Reply to  Danna Stevens

Trump would not and should not take 2nd spot on the ticket. DeSantis has just learned of a major health crisis with his wife. He would easily lead the future tickets beyond Trump.

Cici
Cici
Reply to  Joey Baloney

Totally agree a great couple to run our pathetic country

Fox
Fox
Reply to  Cici

It’s not our country that’s pathetic Cici.
It’s the current Biden communist adminFEStation that’s pathetic.
Fox.
Out.

Donna
Donna
Reply to  Joey Baloney

What a team they would make, Joey !!!! Brilliant both of them and go getters !!!! Also going for them, is they tell the truth as opposed to the thugs we have in the drivers seats now.When they move their mouths we KNOW they are lying.We may not always like the truth but after the past almost 10 months listening to Biden, it would hardly seem not that steep a price to pay !!!!

Bepo
Bepo
Reply to  Joey Baloney

Correct, Trump for president, DeSantis for vice president, and than in 2028 and 2032 DeSantis for president…. 3 x runs of Republicans in USA will save the world.

Joy
Joy
Reply to  Bepo

Your betchum Red Ryder !!!!!

Jeepers
Jeepers
Reply to  Joey Baloney

Maybe. But DeSantis is so great at what he is doing in FL, that I think he should stay there as a positive governor to lead the way for other states. We need more state governors like DeSantis… as well as Constitutional Sheriffs in every county.

LoveAmerica
LoveAmerica
Reply to  Jeepers

I wholly agree with you on that. As long as we have a very strong leader in Trump, we need to keep the great governors in their respective states to keep those states strong.

Fed up 2
Reply to  Jeepers

I truly think DeSantis is a powerhouse. No weak wonder like so many other governors. He will make a fantastic President one day if God will allow our country to survive the present onslaught. I just believe it’s not his time yet.
Here’s to the future!! 🍷🇺🇸

deirdre schoeller
deirdre schoeller
Reply to  Fed up 2

His time is to continue to be Florida’s BEST governer ever, & to support his beloved wife’s recent Breast Cancer diagnosis.

Fed up 2

Absolutely!!!

Sheri Esken
Sheri Esken
Reply to  Jeepers

Yes jeepers l totally agree.

maureen
maureen
Reply to  Jeepers

DeSantis is a great Gov., needed in Florida.I don’t believe he could beat Pres.Trump. DeSantis ccould/should be at a later date.

Tom Howell
Tom Howell
Reply to  Joey Baloney

Trump moved his residency to Florida. AS I UNDERSTAND IT – the Presidential and VP candidates CAN’T be from the same state.

Althea Gilbeaux-Ramirez
Althea Gilbeaux-Ramirez
Reply to  Tom Howell
Elizabeth Arrott
Elizabeth Arrott
Reply to  Joey Baloney

Perhaps your suggestion should be–Trump should consider DeSantis as his running mate.

:) in Florida
:) in Florida
Reply to  Joey Baloney

I am against this, only because Desantis is the best governor I’ve ever had – in any state I’ve lived in. Heck, Florida dodged a bullet when the gay meth addict Gillum lost. Why would we want to give up Ron Desantis?

michael f sandler md
michael f sandler md
Reply to  :) in Florida

my thoughts exactly/ wish we could clone DeSantis (and prayers for his beautiful and lovely wife)

Maggie Mae
Reply to  Joey Baloney

I think DeSantis would win over Trump because he’s more personable, more likeable. I believe the “never-Trumpers” would vote for him instead of the Dem nominee or not voting at all. Then DeSantis should put Trump in for advisor. How about Jim Jordan as a running mate??!!

TaterClause60
TaterClause60
Reply to  Joey Baloney

I think so too..but Florida may need DeSantis more right now ..DemSoComms are breaking every rule in the book to take Texas and Florida

MNIce
MNIce
Reply to  Joey Baloney

President Trump would have to move out of Florida for that to happen. The Constitution requires that the President and Vice President must be from different states.

Fred
Fred

I would love to see a Trump/DeSantis ticket and then in 2028 it would be DeSantis/???? ticket.

Althea Gilbeaux-Ramirez
Althea Gilbeaux-Ramirez
Reply to  Fred

2028 it wold be DeSantis/America First Conservative ticket.

Maggie Mae
Reply to  Fred

Kristie Noem? Or Candace Owen? A good pair for 1st woman Pres.!!!

Rich Rackers
Rich Rackers

President Trump

James
James

If I had to decide it would be Trump
but there are a lot of republicans like the semester from Iowa she would be also good

Frances Weingarten
Frances Weingarten

I will certainly be supporting Pres. Trump as I wholeheartedly believe that he’s the best person for the presidency!

Connie Mays
Connie Mays

Trump – 100%. DeSantis would be a good VP

Susanna
Susanna
Reply to  Connie Mays

DeSantis is more Pro-Life.

President Trump is a LEADER. He was the best president we have had. He actually worked at HELPING the common man. That is something that 99.9% of the elected politicians don’t do. At least it is not their top priority like it is with President Trump.

James
James

The choice is a toss up!

LoveAmerica
LoveAmerica
Reply to  James

Not really a toss up. Trump has proven he is harden steel when it comes to the horrific things that come out of Washington. Plus he now knows the ins and outs and can go in swinging…hopefully with a hatchet and hopefully with many head rolling.

Philip Byler
Philip Byler

Trump-DeSantis 2024. Trump has said he would consider it. We need someone more on the ball than Mike Pence.

Susanna
Susanna
Reply to  Philip Byler

I don’t think we’ll have an election in 2024 if the country economy deliberately tanks as is predicted.

Maggie Mae
Reply to  Susanna

The condition of the economy can’t stop an election. It more depends on if the Dems cheat again and the election is screwed up again.!!! After they cheat and steal it too many more times, people will just give up voting.

Reply to  Philip Byler

Never back stabbing Pence !

Larry E. Dull
Larry E. Dull

This is much ado about nothing. The country has made up its mind that now is the time for Trump to finish what he started and Desantos can be a key part of this. But , to create a rivalry between the two makes no sense. Desantos also has the kind of grit that has republicans back in the picture. Reagan, Trump, Desantos or another Trump can be the pattern for a stable American government. The way we are headed now only spells long term suffering for the USA because the Liberal establishment would like nothing better than to screw everything up for our American society!

memom6
memom6

I would definitely pick DeSantis!!! Trump seems more intent on revenge than helping the country this time around.

Reply to  memom6

You are so wrong ! How would you feel if you lost because of a rigged election ? ? ?

LoveAmerica
LoveAmerica
Reply to  memom6

He’s not out for revenge, he’s out to right a HUGE WRONG. High marks for a man like that, that can keep personal feelings out and love for this country to keep him going.

Faye
Faye

I am focused on 2022. I want the Rep to take back the House and make Trump Speaker of the House. He might even start impeachment proceedings against Biden!! Kevin McCarthy is too big of a RINO to make an impact if Rep take back the House.

:) in Florida
:) in Florida
Reply to  Faye

That is just too good to imagine. Need to start donating to house candidates…

Bradford
Bradford

My dog would be better than Joe or the woman of ill repute. Trump probably has it… DeSantis would make a great President and against a well chosen Dem might do better than Trump. Trump could do a lot better this time without Twitter.

Danny Stills
Danny Stills

I would be more supportive of DeSantis but with the media working so hard to destroy all GOP folks, I’m afraid they would try to ruin DeSantis and his family. They would make God look like Hitler (actually they have already tried this)! I will never again vote for Democrats (last time I voted for one was Carter).😳

Susanna
Susanna
Reply to  Danny Stills

Carter? I voted McCarthy rather than Carter. B

Robert Trueblood
Robert Trueblood

I would agree with most other comments as to a Trump/DeSantis ticket; however, I don’t believe DeSantis would even consider, as he plans to remain as Governor of FL Also, there is NO ‘war’ between DeSantis and Trump, as the media would like everyone to believe!! “THAT’S JUST THE WAY THE MEDIA IS!”

Frank
Frank

i would vote for De Santis

Cindy
Cindy

I would have to say Gov. DeSantis. Trump made too many enemies and lost too many supporters because of his mouth. I loved his policies but hated his un-presidential mouth. He is already badmouthing Gov. DeSantis who has never said one single mean word about Trump. I am afraid Trump is going to end up dividing the party with remarks like this and then we will lose everything. We lost the senate in 2020 because he wouldn’t keep his mouth shut.

Reply to  Cindy

Trump people still love him! Look at his latest Rallies ! You need to stop watching fake news!

Benjamin W. Holokai Jr.
Benjamin W. Holokai Jr.
Reply to  Pat Dietrich

Trump won in 2020. So, he can’t run for a third term.

DrBarbara
DrBarbara
Reply to  Cindy

We lost the Senate in 2020 because the Dim Party rigged the elections.

Dee S
Reply to  DrBarbara

80 million people voted for President Trump, they loved his policies and his patriotism, he is Pro-American. Biden is nowhere in the equation, he was put in office by fraud.

Fed up 2
Reply to  Cindy

We lost the Senate because the Rats stole it just like they stole everything else!

Dee S
Reply to  Fed up 2

So now we have politicians that just do what they want, they don’t care about laws, they do whats right in their own eyes, the ends justify the means.

SaveAmerica
SaveAmerica

STOP fighting. A Trump-DeSantis ticket would be exciting in 2024, positioning DeSantis for a Presidential run in 2028. Don’t blow that by sniping now.

Susanna
Susanna

I would vote DeSantis because he’s more Pro-Life. God won’t bless a nation that murders helpless unborn babies. Very disappointed over Trump’s remarks on the Texas Heartbeat Law.

Walter Goddard
Walter Goddard
Reply to  Susanna

Please reiterate, I missed it somehow?

Thanks!

John
John

I like Trump…but I would give the nod to DeSantis over Trump if it came down to it. DeSantis is’nt likely to get involved in cheap petty nonsensical spats on twitter with stupid left wing celebrities. DeSantis is a more polished disciplined version of Trump…but then I wonder..who would keep Florida from falling into becoming a blue state if DeSantis left?But I do like Trumps uncooth boorish behavior that keeps the Chinese and most of our other enemies off balance. Either way..I don’t think the Chinese will wait for the next elections to invade Taiwan..which could kick off the next WW…providing coward Joe grows a pair and comes to the defense of an ally.

Michael Sheegog

I agree with other who have stated that a Trump/DeSantis ticket would be a winner in any contest. If the two candidates don’t have the good sense to join forces, it would be a serious setback to us fielding an unstoppable force against the morons currently “ruining” the country! Competing against one another would only fracture unity of Republican party and give the Democrats a chance to win which would surely sign the death warrant of the USA as a leader of the free world.

Candy clanton
Candy clanton

I thought trump & DeSantis we’re friends? Well, DeSantis has said he won’t run against trump. My feeling is trump just dared him & I think trumps comments are terrible & I am a trump supporter but I, like a lot of other people, like DeSantis too! I wish trump would keep his mouth shut about half the time. It’s why he loses voters!

Reply to  Candy clanton

Sorry Candy but Trump isn’t loosing voters! You need to open your eyes girl! He has more people for him then ever before! I don’t know what news you are listening to!

Dee S
Reply to  Pat Dietrich

Trump’s rallies are even bigger now.

Fed up 2
Reply to  Pat Dietrich

Yep. Trump is a loudmouth badass NY bully. Some things would be better kept to himself. But if he can use that truth he speaks and that bully attitude to keep our country free for our kids and grandkids I’ll always love him for it. Sometimes a bully is what’s needed. 👍

DrBarbara
DrBarbara
Reply to  Candy clanton

Fifty to sixty thousand people at his rallies~~ I don’t think he’s losing anything.

Jennifer Ann Mendez
Jennifer Ann Mendez

Trump/DeSantis 2024!!

:) in Florida
:) in Florida

I wouldn’t mind having Trump as Governor of Florida after he completes his second term.

James Wood
James Wood

This argument is a staged event – Trump is the party and Ron D will become the banner leader after DJT – We’ll be lucky to have DJT for 10 more years and this battle won after a long hard battle –

Maggie Mae
Reply to  James Wood

Don’t forget- we have a couple more Trumps in the wings…..

Jennifer Ann Mendez
Jennifer Ann Mendez

Since DeSantis wife was just diagnosed with breast cancer I doubt DeSantis is concerned with 2024. He did say that he has no plans to run for President in 24 BUT he didn’t say he would turn down the VP nomination if received.

jackedmund
jackedmund

once again the press is starting a fight to hurt Trump Ron is a great Governor and it would be smart politically economically to back Trump and come in 2028 or be there to be VP in2024

JOANN DIRKS

Now, now, Mr. Trump….lets’ don’t start. DeSantis is a GREAT POSSIBLITY. Don’t go bad mouthing DeSantis. That’s one of the reasons I had a hard time accepting you when you first ran for POTUS. When you bad mouth a good person, that could mean you are “jealous.” Think about it. And yeah, I know, I’ll get “flack” for posting my OPINION. MY OPINION…

JOANN DIRKS

And oh yes…I’d rather see DeSantis stay as Governor of the great state of Florida. We NEED GOOD CONSERVATIVE GOVERNORS. Wish my state had one.

:) in Florida
:) in Florida
Reply to  JOANN DIRKS

I’ve noticed Greg Abbott really stepping up recently in Texas. It seems that Desantis’ has become a role model for good government.

Janet Johnson
Janet Johnson

I have been a staunch Trump supporter. Went to the Inauguration, we were invited to the White House a few times and worked for his reelection. But when Trump said that he would like to see Communist Democrat Stacy Abrams be the Governor of Georgia instead of Conservative Republican Brian Kemp all because of personal animosity toward him and to assuage his own pride, I am done with Trump. When he is willing to turn his back on the many thousands of supporters in our State and throw an entire State to the Democrats all over personal reasons, I am done. Trump has lost my support and vote and that of my family. I will happily work for Desantis if he runs.

Reply to  Janet Johnson

You are the looser!

Maggie Mae
Reply to  Janet Johnson

It’s too bad you let something like that turn you against a person so dedicated and determined to keep our country the #1 nation in the world and created a strong and successful economy that made our lives so comfortable. I didn’t like to listen to his blustering, but I sure appreciated his policies and all he did with NO DEM SUPPORT WHAT-SO-EVER!!!

Fed up 2
Reply to  Janet Johnson

More troublemaking from the Rats. I don’t believe he was serious.

Althea Gilbeaux-Ramirez
Althea Gilbeaux-Ramirez

Oh, stop. This is Trump’s time. Next time will be DeSantis’ time. Stop creating ‘rivalries’. We need leader who love America more than they love themselves and we have that in both Trump & DeSantis, IMHO.

Sergio Pastor
Sergio Pastor

TRUMP 100%..and I am a Latino DEMOCRAT…he has COJONES

Pat Dietrich

If Trump runs, he would always be my choice. DeSantis would be my second choice. Trump as president & DeSantis as vice president would be great !
t

Mary
Mary

That is a tough one. I think DeSantis would be a great President, but I KNOW President Trump is a great President. I would be all for President Trump for 2024, and DeSantis for the next 2 terms as President. It would make a world of difference in our country, and the world. Some say DeSantis as VP. I would definitely support that also for 2024. We need, no, we HAVE to have some sanity back in the WH. We need good people like this to be in office for many years to come, back to back. We see what the other side has done and is doing and trying to do. We never need them in power again.

tom matthews
tom matthews

Trump needs to run for the Congress (House ) and become the Speaker >>2022) .Show the Nation that he can create legislation and not attempt to impute It .The need to STOP all of these actions by the Biden forces must be stopped before 2024 or there will be NO Nation to save ..>>A 2-3-or4 term Speaker will be more effective than a 1 term President .>> Think about the future an don’t drink the “cool aid ” !!

Sue
Sue

I really think DeSantis has a lot of conservative support. Allow I love Trump and would vote for him he needs to measure his words. DeSantis is a good ally to have. Would be a strong team but …., measure your words. DeSantis would probably rather wait 4 years and run. DeSantis would bring in more moderate voters and independent voters. Take the advice Mr. President.

Stephen Russell
Stephen Russell

Make him your VP then OK

EMORY Thacker
EMORY Thacker

We will support Trump. We know his heart and his actions…,the ship is going down folks, choose a captain who will at least be able to right it! Trump, Trump, Trump!

MDevine
MDevine

Trump should NOT run Desantis should run Trump is too old and us too many negatives WAY to many. If he cares about this country he will step aside . Everyone even conservatives are sick of the arrogance and bragging , just him saying how he’d beat Desantis without praising the work Desantis has done makes my skin crawl.

Maggie Mae
Reply to  MDevine

Have DeSantis as Pres and Trump senior advisor…

Fed up 2
Reply to  MDevine

Conservatives are just mad that he upset their applecarts along with the Rats.

Fed up 2
Reply to  Fed up 2

Besides maybe Trump just likes to get under their skin. Everyone’s heard of razzing, right?

LoveAmerica
LoveAmerica

I hope Trump runs and I would like to see DeSantis hold off till Trump can no longer run. It will give this country a chance to grow again with a continuation of Trumps great policies plus it will give DeSantis more time to become the strong, iron leader this country will need after Trump. Keep the good conservatives coming.

Max
Max

C’mon people, we’ll be lucky to take back congress, let alone 2024.
Sooooo far away and the Marxist demonicrats are marching right along with the CCP.
Just look on how fast they are destroying the foundations of America.
Who knows what our future will be?

Walter Goddard
Walter Goddard

If it were a run off between Trump, and DeSantis, I would choose DeSantis…

Although Florida, and South Dakota, both need their Governor, I would really like to have DeSantis, and Noem, as choices!

Don’t get me wrong, I like Trump, and voted for him twice, but ultimately.. My own Political/Spiritual mistrust, and the baggage.. is an issue!

Fox
Fox

if we are vigilant enough to stop the commiecrats from stealing the election next year as they did last year, then we have a very good chance to recover and put the country back on the right track.
However, if the commies do manage to again steal power, then the federal government may very well cease to exist by simple erosion. What I mean by that is they won’t be able to stop themselves from pushing more and more dictatorial authoritarianism and nanny state decrees down our throats so much that regular Americans will finally get fed up with it to the point that we will simply no longer listen to what they tell us or obey what they command us to do, like is starting to happen now in Australia.
We already have several states talking about secession, with more states starting to consider it.
What would the commiecrats do then if that happens? They simply cannot arrest everyone in the whole country. Their power structure would fall completely apart. They could scream and yell from Capitol Hill all they want, but there would be no one listening anymore.

Micala
Micala

I would love to see a Trump/DeSantis ticket in 2024, but I do not know if those two very strong minded Warriors could work together peacefully without stepping on each other’s toes. Both of these men have their own ideas of how things should work! Whether DeSantis can sit back and let DJT roar without comment or argument is another thing.

At first I definitely thought those two men would be great leaders as President and V.P. but after watching them the past 6 months, I’m not so sure. They might be butting heads too much to be an effective team. DJT needs a strong “Supportive” V.P. , one that will stay in the shadows but support his actions. DiSantis has too much on the ball to just stand idly by. He’s a Leader, not a supporter!

But I don’t believe DiSantis will run against DJT because he knows how critical that election is to our Country for Conservatives to win that seat! He won’t divide the Conservative vote for that reason.

DJT needs a V.P. that is smart enough to give good counsel and know when to back off. He (or she) must be intelligent and strong when needed — NOT LIKE HARRIS, the D.C. Black Barbie doll!

Who knows? But I’ll be really surprised if the Trump/DeSantis ticket really happens.

carefugee
carefugee

I think it’s time for Donald to pass the baton. His abrasive personality has just alienated too many Republicans(and I know many of them) and I think if he is the nominee again it may prove to be a problem again. I voted for him both times, but I hope I don’t have to do it again.

Bobby Griffin
Bobby Griffin

Trump would win!!

Patsy Lopez de-Victoria
Patsy Lopez de-Victoria

Trump is my President. I don’t claim Biden and never will. He is a cheat, a liar, a communist, a terriost, and a fool.

Weldon Laird
Weldon Laird

I support them both

Dee S

This would be a winning ticket, both Trump and DeSantis are Pro-American and their policies would make America Great, no doubt about it….It would be the end of the Socialist Swamp. The Left has done everything to keep a Good American President and Vice President from taking the reigns and thats why they have opened our borders and cheated in the 2020 election.

Dee S

Ron DeSantis already has alot of clout. He is gaining even more experience and a good reputation for his common sense policies. The people of Florida love him and most of the country would definitely vote for a Trump-DeSantis ticket after the disaster we have been living under Biden.

Fed up 2
Reply to  Dee S

I believe all of America loves him, this hero of the people who came out of nowhere to protect and provide for his people. I don’t care what y’all say about either of these 2 men. These are real men. Unafraid to take on the feds. Doing what they believe is right. Standing their ground and going around if they need to. These 2 along with governor Abbott. Strongest men I’ve ever seen. Luv ‘ em all flaws and all!! 🙏 God bless them.

SDOFAZ

Trump will win hands down but the combo of the two would be fatal for the dimwit nitwits.