Texas Gov. Abbott Officially Files to Run for Re-election

The White House from Washington, DC, Public domain, via Wikimedia Commons

It’s official, Greg Abbott is running for another term as governor of Texas.

Fox News reports:

“I’m here today to officially sign the paperwork to run for re-election as governor of the great state of Texas,” Abbott said in a video posted to Twitter Tuesday while touting the more than 20,000 signatures he had received to get on the ballot.

While there was little doubt Abbott would seek a third term as governor, the incumbent Republican has faced criticism from within his own party and is facing multiple challengers ahead of March’s GOP primary.

One of Abbott’s primary challengers is Texas Republican State Sen. Don Huffines, who in the past has taken aim at the governor for his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Well, we don’t have a Donald Trump as governor. We don’t have Ron DeSantis as governor. We don’t have William B. Travis as governor. Unfortunately, we’ve got a career politician that’s a political windsock, a RINO,” Huffines said during an appearance at CPAC earlier this year.

Rebecca Willis
Rebecca Willis
1 month ago

I got $97450 up to now this year working on the online and I’m a full time student. I’AM profited. It’s really simple to know and I’m in order that cheerful that I got some answers regarding it.

Here what I do…. 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝟎𝟏.𝐓𝐤

Albert Hess
Albert Hess
1 month ago
Reply to  Rebecca Willis

I earn even more than that by giving tuggies to dirty old men @ $20.00 a pop.

Albert Hess
Albert Hess
1 month ago

I want myself with a rag on a stick.

Albert Hess
Albert Hess
1 month ago
Reply to  Albert Hess

* wash

Micala
Micala
1 month ago

Americans have been through HELL and back again since 2019 and Covid hit our Nation. Unnecessary deaths of loved ones has rocked our world, then a different catastrophe hit America that has so much mayhem in our Nation — ILLEGAL Biden and the liberal dem administration that has NO IDEA of what it is doing and is destroying human life around the world!

My guess today that whoever is elected in Texas as their governor will be someone that can reach into Texan’s hearts and assure them that he will make things right for them — they will be the one elected! Abbott was strong on many human issues but apparently not all if he is being called a RINO!
Let’s hope Texans are knowledgeable about their choice for Texas — a strong Patriotic Intelligent Americans First Governor! Let that person “SHINE” out above all others!!

Robert l Gault
1 month ago

Abbott hasn’t done much to fix the border problem and he wants to be reelected to continue his do nothing policies? There’s got to be someone better than this in Texas who gives a darn about the border.