Mike Pence Reveals Last Time He Talked to Trump

Gage Skidmore Flickr

Former Vice President Mike Pence says that he hasn’t spoken with former President Trump since last summer. The once-close Republicans had an infamous falling out over the Jan. 6th Capitol riot.

The Washington Examiner reports:

“You know, we talked last summer,” Pence told Fox’s Jesse Watters on Thursday. “And, you know, I’ve said many times, it was difficult. Jan. 6 was difficult. It was a tragic day in the life of the nation.”

“I know I did my duty under the constitution of the United States,” Pence added. “But the president and I sat down in the days that followed that. We spoke about it, talked through it. We parted amicably.”

Pence has downplayed the broader import of Jan. 6, saying “one tragic day in January” was being used to demean Trump supporters in an interview with the Christian Broadcasting Network. However, he has not expressed regret over upholding the election results that day.

The former vice president’s decision not to overturn the election on Jan. 6 has placed him at odds with some Trump followers, leading the former president to claim that Pence’s relationship with the party was weak.

However, the two Republican coul be talking again soon as both have been floated as possible conteders for the 2024 Republican nomination. Trump has strongly hinted that he plans to launch another presidential campaign and Pence has done the same.

RAY
RAY

PENCE IS A PIECE OF SHIT!

Gerald Ladd
Reply to  RAY

That’s a fact.

Joseph G Hunt
Joseph G Hunt

Pence betrayed the American people and should retire from politics all together. He’s not a Constitutional Conservative, he’s a deep state politician

Gerald Ladd

What’s a Pence?

PATTI BURT
PATTI BURT

PENCE WILL NEVER WIN ANY OFFICE AGAIN AS A REPUBLICAN

Anne
Anne

I used to like Pence and I am very disappointed of his slime attitude toward President Trump.
It makes him a hypocrite and a coward.

Sewnya
Sewnya

He stopped any evidence from being presented using the emotion of the false flag as his excuse. It was all planned.

IraMad
IraMad

I’ll lose all faith in Trump if he trusts this Bible-thumping RINO again!

Danno
Danno
Reply to  IraMad

I don’t think he would make that mistake again but I have to say he was better VP than camel toe the ghetto ho is or will be and Hillary stay out of the 2024 race nobody wants to hear from you and the only reason you got as far have is because of your husband s coat tails so sit your stupid ass down and shut the fuck up

Adonis
Adonis

Worthless coward and deep state establishment RINO. Leadership is tested under pressure, and this man failed miserably. He had a chance and power to save this Republic from stolen election and failed. Anyone who believes in Constitution and the rule of law should be ashamed of this cowardly man.

Frank W Brown
Frank W Brown

Take a HIKE pence, you ALREADY SCREWED THE POOCH when you had the chance to make things RIGHT!

SMITH

PENCE IS DONE > HE DID WHAT THE DEMORATS WANTED> :
NOT WHAT THE CONSTITUTION READS WHAT HE COULD HAVE DONE>:
HE IS A TURN COAT:>

steven jacobs
steven jacobs

traitor

Jean Shelton
Jean Shelton

Mr Pence , you need to stop talking negative about President Trump. We are with him , not COWARDS that won’t stand up for TRUTH & JUSTICE. 2020 ???

Anne
Anne

I am very disappointed of Mike Pence sleazy behavior. He became more like a traitor.
President Trump has to be careful when choosing people around him.

Anne
Anne

WHY DID YOU CANCEL MY 2 POSTS? I DIDN’T WRITE ANYTHING OFFENSIVE MORE THAN THE OTHER BLOGGERS.

Kathleen Hollis
Reply to  Anne

Yeah they did the same to me.

Maria
Maria

Pence is with the republican establishment of hope Trump does not trust him. He is a typical politician, I would never vote for him if he was to run for president.

Dr Richard
Dr Richard

Trump is at fault for ever trusting little fat terror pence but he has fat Barr and hillbilly before him and the other idiot before the hillbilly you are The sum total of who you hang with and the cheat election was Trump’s fault —he knew. It was going to happen and did nothing to prevent a stolen election I will not trust or vote for him again Desantis if he runs is the man otherwise I will not vote again why should I when legal votes do not count anymore and this is an embarrassment that Aremica will never recover from absurd this is supposed to be a free country And set an example to the world hah!

Diane
Diane

I noticed, when Mr. Pence was Vice President, every time I saw and heard him speak, I heard him copying President Trump’s words and even saw him copying President Trump’s exact actions. That showed me that Mr. Pence had no thoughts or actions of his own, to contribute. That looks to me, that he would like to be controlled by anyone, in order to get whatever he wants. I’m sorry to say.

AmFer
Reply to  Diane

I agree with you – I noticed his copy-cat approach when speaking from a podium. His voice tones did not resonate with his audience.

GodSaveUs
GodSaveUs

Pence does not seem to have a backbone of his own. Would make a lousy president

Joey Baloney
Joey Baloney

Pence the Putz is a traitor to the cause. He actually thinks he has a chance to be nominated for president! hahaha! dream on!