Virginia AG Says Universities Can’t Mandate Covid-19 Vaccines for Students

Pixabay

Virginia attorney general said that public universities in the commonwealth could not mandate that students receive coronavirus vaccines to attend in-person classes.

Background: Several public universities in Virginia had previously mandated vaccination as a condition of attendance for in-person classes.

-University of Virginia

-Virginia Tech University

-James Madison University

-George Mason University

Context: Virginia’s new Republcian Gov. Glenn Youngkin ran on a platform promising to end Covid-19 mandates and prioritize education.

What Happened: Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares said in a legal opinion that public universities lack the authority to mandate students receive the Covid-19 vaccine to attend in-person classes.

Although the General Assembly specifically authorized public institutions of higher education to assist the Department of Health and local health departments in the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine, the legislation did not grant such institutions power to impose vaccine requirements,” Miyares wrote.

Recce1
Recce1

For those in high risk categories like me, I recommend they get the vaccine. YET I agree with the AG that government DOES NOT have the right to force civilians to get it.

Joel Phelps
Joel Phelps
Reply to  Recce1

I really don’t understand why the vaccinated think they can get covid from the unvaccinated. In the service we got numerous shots, typhoid malaria diptheria etc, should we have said we are not going to Nam they arent vaccinated. That is what a vaccine is for to protect you. I cannot believe that many people lack intelligence

Larry
Larry
Reply to  Joel Phelps

Intelligence is doing due diligence why would anyone want to be an experiment you have to be some kind of stupid it was approved for emergency use only if you chose to take the crap it is on you…! I like being smart and I don’t follow the sheep off a cliff I don’t and have not trust the medical fields for some time they lie like no body’s business don’t you know the cure for cancer is withheld yeah that right every person with cancer is missing a peptide it can be fix this fact but I digress

Joe Phelps
Joe Phelps
Reply to  Larry

Well that was a suppostion if the vaccine is tested and works although in this case I dont see that the vaccine is as effective as they say or that the science is sound as it keeps changing day to day

Reply to  Joe Phelps

Life form changes day to day.
It’s called evolution.
Don’t tell God.

Bit of Thought
Bit of Thought
Reply to  AlbertK

When God created living beings, God gave the living beings the ability to adapt and evolve.

Reply to  Bit of Thought

Blasphemy!
God created all of existence whole.
Adam and Eve did not evolve!
Mankind has not changed in the 6,000 years since God had Creation Week.

TN Papa
TN Papa
Reply to  AlbertK

You think the universe is 6K years old? There are literally written records that are older than that.

Reply to  Joe Phelps

Joey baby, what we know changes every day.
Welcome to reality.

Reply to  Larry

Due diligence will verify what you want to be true.
God made everyone different.
Every vaccine taken is an experiment.
No one knows what it will do to you.
Everything you take is on you

Reply to  Larry

Is Trump sheep?
Is he smart enough to do due diligence?
What was the emergency that made Trump take the jab?
Three times.
Why are failing to follow the leadership of greatest leader the world has ever known?

Reply to  Larry

Do you have a list of Medical Doctors who know that peptides cure cancer?
Talk show hosts?
Someone who is proud of their GED?

Reply to  Larry

You are so smart that you have no idea of how the English language is written.
Those annoying things like capitalization, punctuation, and word order.
If you want to be taken seriously you will have to up your game, maybe take a GED class, or more.

Reply to  Joel Phelps

Vaccinated people get Covid.
Mostly from the unvaccinated
Their virus count is higher.

Kevin S.
Kevin S.
Reply to  AlbertK

The Vaccinated are now carrying the spike proteins and causing more people to catch COVID. That doesn’t matter anyway the virus is getting weaker as time marches forward. There is no need to get vaccinated anymore. The virus is on a bell curve and becoming weaker.

Reply to  Kevin S.

Where did you sit for your medical degree?

Reply to  Kevin S.

Is this the last mutation?

Reply to  Kevin S.

The spike proteins are attached to the virus.
A lower percentage of the vaccinated are getting sick and dieing than the unvaccinated.
Survival of fitist.

Lisa
Lisa
Reply to  AlbertK

Not true at all! I caught covid from my vaccinated daughter who is young and runs marathons. I am not vaccinated she was sicker than I was. All the people I know who are vaccinated are sicker than I was or others in my family that aren’t vaccinated. The death rate from this new variant is very low the ones who are dying have other health issues. You really should stop watching the bs on CNN and MSNBC.

Reply to  Joel Phelps

The vaccines are 96% effective.
Most high school graduates understand what that means.

Lisa
Lisa
Reply to  AlbertK

They aren’t effective nearly to that extent if at all. It’s also NOT a vaccine it’s a shot vaccine’s prevent you from getting sick this worthless shot doesn’t come close.

the patriot
the patriot
Reply to  Joel Phelps

They {the garbage} were against vaccines because Mr. Trump was for it. It’s a personal choice. We have heard so much “misinformation” from that little pos fauci that it is so hard to follow “the science” or in fauci’s case the bs.

Don
Don
Reply to  Joel Phelps

The difference is this crap wasn’t properly tested whereas those of the past were and companies knew that and were given a by on responsibility for the damages done by it which tell you they KNEW the risks.

Reply to  Recce1

Does the government have the right to force civilians to wear seat belts?

Ron
Ron
Reply to  AlbertK

No that is a state law. Albert you seen like a pretty smart (ass) guy! Why don’t you share with the minions where you received your medical degree, where you sat for your boards, what scientific background you have, what English degree you have, what position your work in for the Public Health Division of our country. You can’t be a know it all and no nothing Biden Jr! Whether Trump took the jab or not, he is smart enough to know that is a personal decision not a Government mandate. Everyone has their right to choose as did you. Maybe you should get 6 or 7 more
jabs to be protected better. Government does not have the right to make personal
health decisions for citizens. We do have a Constitution in this country, if you don’t want to live by our laws, take your ass somewhere else. You have ZERO right to be telling anyone else what to or not to do! So do everyone a favor and STFU!

Reply to  Recce1

We all at risk of Covid.
What is the risk of the Trump Vaccine?
Does the government have the right to force parents to belt their kids in cars?

Lisa
Lisa
Reply to  AlbertK

Did you eat paint chips as a child?

vladimir
vladimir

Well done, till those globalists and their puppets soros and demonrats and rinos and media to stick their bribes and their agendas up their a$$ .

Reply to  vladimir

Democrats and Rinos are the majority of Americans.
God Damn Democracy

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl

Yay, yay and double yay!
People who want the vaccine, it’s there for the taking. Those who don’t, leave us the hell alone!
My body, my choice. The government has overreached, and this is all about control of the citizens. joe needs to go ASAP.
HE’S CORRUPT, CRAZY, SENILE AND A RACIST TO BOOT. Wake the hell up people.
Wake up already. Are you friggin blind to everything going on around you????

Scott Flis
Scott Flis

You forgot pervert!

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
Reply to  Scott Flis

YES, thank you.
One of his most important traits.

AlbertK

Stormy Daniels golden showers.

My body my choice.
I choose to have a walnut sized growth removed from my uterus.
My body my choice.

AlbertK

You don’t have to get vaccinated.
I don’t have to allow you in my place of business.
The government determines if you must serve in the military.
The government determines what vaccines the military must have.

Joe
Joe

Finally common sense, from a leader, stopping our rights from being trampled on. Cry me a river all u snowflake lib and commies.

Reply to  Joe

No one has to get vaccinated.
No one has to go to school.

Susanna
Susanna

God Bless Miyares.

Reply to  Susanna

Which God?

AlbertK

The Trump Vaccine causes death.

BillyQ
BillyQ

I’m glad someone in the Republican Party has a spine , great job keep defending the constitution

AlbertK

When will Trump be back in the White House?

TN Papa
TN Papa

The vax does NOT prevent transmission. It has never been suggested that it prevents transmission. Fauci, the CDC, the FDA and the WHO have all stated that it does NOT prevent transmission. Thus, only a complete idiot would mandate it. What would be the point? These gov’t people who are putting down mandates don’t even understand how the vax works. Nothing like being ruled over by a dunce.

the patriot
the patriot

I’m not taking any vaccine that Donald J Trump had anything to do with. That was the battle cry before sleepy creepy quid quo pro say it ain’t so pedophile joe got elected. I use that term very loosely. Now that the demonicRATS have the majority it is now a different tune. Do not disobey the Fuhrer. Or else. What hypocrisy. I hope decent honorable democrats will see that this is not good for anyone who values freedom. We need to vote these scumbags out of office.

AlbertK

I am enjoying my enterprising career tap, tap, tapping on my little keyboard. My boyfriend and benefactor, the venerable Mr Soreass pays me US $.05 per post. Soon I will be joining the ranks of the super rich! Jealous? 🤭