Fox News Host Reveals Secret ICU Stay

freddthompson, CC BY-SA 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons

Fox News host Neil Cavuto returned to the air on Monday, revealing he had been in an intensive care unit while battling pneumonia and the coronavirus.

The Hill reports:

“I did get COVID again but a far, far more serious strand, what doctors call COVID pneumonia,” Cavuto said. “It landed me in intensive care for quite a while and it really was touch-and-go. Some of you who’ve wanted to put me out of my misery darn near got what you wished for! So, sorry to disappoint you!”

The host said his “very compromised immune system” caused him to contract the coronavirus more than once.

“Because I’ve had cancer and right now I have multiple sclerosis, I’m among the vulnerable 3 percenters or so of the population that cannot sustain the full benefits of a vaccine,” he said. “In other words, it simply doesn’t last.”

Cavuto first tested positive for the virus in October. On Monday, Cavuto shared that his doctors told him he likely would not have survived multiple infections without being vaccinated.

“It provided some defense, but that is still better than no defense. Maybe not great comfort for some of you. And frankly, not great comfort for me either!” he said. “No matter, I’m not here to debate vaccinations for you. Just offer an explanation for me. I owed you that. I didn’t want to become the story, but for many of you, I did.”

Richard Mader
Richard Mader

God Bless and keep you safe from further infections.

Don
Don

A lucky one.

Always Thinking
Always Thinking

Lost all respect for him when he turned on the GREAT 45. But I wish him good health. Hopefully facing death cleared up his thought process.

Recce1
Recce1

As one who voted TWICE for Trump and will again if he runs again against a Socialist Democrat, I don’t believe we should worship Trump as many did the seditionist socialist Obama. Trump had his problems and made mistakes, but he didn’t violate the Constitution like Obama and Clinton did. Trump never claimed as Obama did that there wasn’t a SMIDGEN of scandal in his administration.

And yes, Trump was a loud mouth aggressive populist bull-in-the-china-shop, but it was what we needed and need again.

Perhaps you can clarify as to what you believe Cavuto did that was so egregious.Also, who would you support against Trump who would have a chance of winning?

By the way, thank you for wishing Cavuto good health.

Jane
Jane

He’s one of the FOX people I don’t care for

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
Reply to  Jane

I’m with you. He’s a RINO with TDS.
But, I wish him well and good health.

Tom
Tom

Given to him by his Democratic friends.

Earl Ellison
Earl Ellison

it was so nice to miss you

ouzoo10
ouzoo10

How do we tell him how lucky he is not to have died…since he got the Jab….When you have a ‘name’ you get special treatment…

Roseann Carpenter
Roseann Carpenter
Reply to  ouzoo10

No mention of the treatment he got, I always wonder why this is such a secret, since there is no privacy where this vaccine is concerned. Maybe he will tell us soon

Eddie Price

Very happy you are well Neil even though I’m not a big fan of your show.