Tucker Carlson to Speak at Iowa Summit Raising Speculation of a Presidential Run

Gage Skidmore Flickr

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is scheduled to speak at a leadership summit in Iowa known for attracting Republicans with presidential ambitions. Carlson will headline the 2022 FAMiLY Leadership Summit in Des Moines, Iowa this July and the announcement has already triggered some of his critics on Twitter to speculate if it could lead to something more.

Lincoln Project co-founder Rick Wilson replied to Maggie Haberman, “He’s Running!”

Mediaite reports:

The FAMiLY Leader is a socially conservative Chrisitan political organization, whose annual gathering has become a regular stomping ground for potential GOP presidential candidates. In 2021, the FAMiLY Leadership Summit was addressed by potential 2024 presidential candidates like former VP Mike Pence, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R-SD).

“Tucker Carlson heading to Iowa, home of the presidential caucuses, this summer. This particular group’s gathering has long been an event attended by Republicans with presidential ambitions,” wrote CBS News’ Robert Costa.

However, despite Carlson’s involvement with the summit the popular Fox host has attempted to tamp down on rumors that he could be considering a presidential bid.

per The Hill:

“I mean, I guess if like I was the last person on earth I could do it, but I mean, it seems pretty unlikely that I would be that guy,” he said last year. “If I were running for president — which obviously I would never do, I would be insane to run for president, I would never do that.”

The host has, however, criticized Republican leadership in Congress since launching his show in 2016, this week blasting House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) for comments he has made about the GOP’s more conservative members, dissing him as someone who “in private sounds like an MSNBC contributor,” after McCarthy was caught on an audio recording complaining about the social media postings of some of his members.

Is Carlson testing the waters before possibly launching a new political career or will he remain with Fox News? Tell us what you think in the comments below!

SCORPION
SCORPION

TUCKER FOR PRESIDENT? I THINK NOT!

Rio Sam
Rio Sam
Reply to  SCORPION

So you prefer crooked politicians? Baa Baa Baa
Says the sheeple!

Don
Don

While I like Tuck…..no.

Rio Sam
Rio Sam
Reply to  Don

He would do a great job… He’s a true patriot!
Has plenty of money…so he’s not looking to get rich.. He, along with the majority of Americans, is abhorred at the direction this country is headed!

So you would prefer a crooked politician?

My2Cents
My2Cents

I would not vote for him if Trump was running.

connie
connie

What a JOKE. No one would vote for this know it all pompous a**hole who thinks he is gods give to the airwaves. It is beyond me why anyone would watch such as him since he thinks if you don’t agree with him you are stupid. I don’t know why his co-horts at the network would have anything to do with him. Instead, they get on TV and praise him. I only see clips of him on other shows and I turn him off until his say is over because he is irritating arrogant individual who has no business being in the media whatsoever. Let alone run for president.

Blueberry
Blueberry
Reply to  connie

Let me guess, would those “other shows” you watch be CNN and MSNBC?

Recce1
Recce1
Reply to  connie

What a show of inane animus. You sound quite aliterate. Do you favor the seditious socialist Democrats who’re trying to change the USA into the USSA?

Grampa
Grampa
Reply to  connie

Clearly you have your opinion. So run for president yourself. —–Grampa

steveo
steveo
Reply to  connie

you should have signed up for cnn+.oh too late as it folded after 300 million in just one month!

clara baraton
clara baraton

Tucker, you’re young. Keep spreadin’ the news.

Ursus Logicus
Ursus Logicus

By his own admission, Carlson is NOT a Republican. Like the self absorbed Bill O’Reilly, who also eschews GOP membership, Tucker thinks that non-commitment to a political Party gains him some sort of respect from Liberals and defines the “open mind.”

He is not a Christian, or a self-identified believer of Biblical authority.

Neither is Trump. But Trump is at least open to belief, and seemingly headed in the Christian’s direction. Carlson is content to be non committal.

The GOP base would reject Tucker bigly.

Cuzi
Cuzi
Reply to  Ursus Logicus

Tucker is a Christian. Some say Trump is.

Anna Lumbard
Anna Lumbard
Reply to  Cuzi

No one really knows if anyone is truly a Christian except God.

Mark
Mark
Reply to  Ursus Logicus

Much of the GOP base rejected Trump at first and look what happened.

Recce1
Recce1
Reply to  Ursus Logicus

When has Carlson denied Jesus as savior and God? Why is it so critical to you for someone to commit to a denomination? And do you believe America should be a Christian theocracy or a Christian influenced nation?

And why is it so critical to belong to and be subservient to a political party owned by elitists who have no real concern for people other than for controlling them? You do know that the two parties are not government organizations, but rather private corporation, do you not?

Carlson is not running for office. So why is it that as a news opinion host must he be both partisan and proselyte as if he were a politician? Should he (or Trump or any other person running for office) be a very conservative constitutionalist and a conservative Christian, like I am? I don’t require that of others in order to respect them. Do you?

What we need is a viable third political party like a real TEA Party or Constitutionalist Party committed to restoring our moribund republic to a democratic (VERY small d) REPUBLIC with an exegetically interpreted Constitution under a free market capitalist economy with true Contract Law. Both Trump and Carlson support such. I do. I hope you do also.

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl

This is absolutely ridiculous!
As if he would give up making millions annually to go run from President.
I love all the clips I watch from his shows. He tells it like it is. Everyone should listen.

Sue Nami
Sue Nami

That would make this the first time fake news got something right….not happening

ken white
ken white

I think Tucker should stick to what he is doing for sure. No I wouldn’t vote for him for President. Not that I don’t like him because I do But he he runs it would be like a trader to President Trump !! Maybe he forgets what Great things our REAL President has done for American while all the time fighting the Communist Democrats !!

Rio Sam
Rio Sam
Reply to  ken white

Trump has health issues, therefore will not be running again.. So pray tell what crackpot, crooked RINO politician would you like to have as President?

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
Reply to  Rio Sam

And you know President Trump has health issues how????
And…..any RINO would be wayyyy better than all the commies destroying our country.
Are you happy about that???

Recce1
Recce1
Reply to  Rio Sam

Just because one doesn’t want Trump running for reasons of health or age doesn’t mean they they’d support a RINO, liberal, or shudder, a seditionist Democrat or even a Blue Dog Democrat.

What we need is someone like the late Herman Cain or perhaps like Condoleezza Rice. I’m sure there’re some out there who’re CLASSICAL Liberals, who believe in the principles of John Locke, Adam Smith, Montesquieu, and Thomas Jefferson.

Mar126
Mar126
Reply to  Rio Sam

Exactly what health issues does President Trump have??

wayne capurro
wayne capurro

I would vote for him.

MINA
MINA

LIKE TUCKER BUT NOT READY FOR THE JOB

TRUMP PRESIDENT AND DESANTIS OR POMPEO FOR VICE PRESIDENT’

THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE THING LIKE ME

Grampa
Grampa
Reply to  MINA

He would be well informed.——Grampa

Blueberry
Blueberry

How ridiculous. I highly doubt Tucker is going to run for President.

Rio Sam
Rio Sam

HELL YES!! I WOULD!

MARILYN KROCHESKI
MARILYN KROCHESKI

I THINK HE SHOULD STAY WITH FOX OR AT LEAST TRY A GOVERNORSHIP

JP Halegan
JP Halegan

Maybe he just has something important to say??????!

Probhat Raha
Probhat Raha

Tucker Carlson leaving Fox News will be a hugh loss to the Conservative media, and movement in general.

Richo
Richo

Dream ticket: Tucker and Tulsi. “T & T for Tomorrow”

Michele
Michele

Tucker is very smart and would be great as President but also smart to know that his position with Fox is awesome.

Richo
Richo

Dream ticket, Tucker and Tulsi. “T & T for Tomorrow”