Liz Cheney Says GOP Can’t Survive Second Trump Presidency, Hints at Challenging Him

Office of Congresswoman Liz Cheney / Public domain

Could Wyoming Rep. Liz Cheney be considering a presidential run against Donald Trump? During an interview with ABC News’s Jonathan Karl, the Congresswoman lamented that the Republican Party can’t survive under the leadership of Donald Trump.

Mediaite reports:

“Can the Republican party survive, in the way you’ve known it, if Donald Trump is again chosen?” Karl asked.

“It can’t survive if he’s our nominee,” Cheney said. “I think that he can’t be the party nominee, and I don’t think the party would survive that.”

She added, “I believe in the party, and I believe in what the party can be and what the party can stand for. And I’m not ready to give that up. Those of us who believe in Republican principles have a responsibility to lead the party back to what it can be, and to reject so much of the toxin and the vitriol.”

Karl then asked if the Congresswoman has ruled out running for president in 2024 in an attempt to keep Trump from becoming the Republican nominee.

“I haven’t made a decision about that yet.” she said. “And I’m obviously very focused on my re-election, I’m very focused on the January 6th committee. I’m very focused on my obligations to do the job I have now. And I’ll make a decision about ’24 down the road.

Shuggs

That douche bag b*tch doesn’t have a shot. The only shot is the one in her foot by herself.

maxibaby
maxibaby

Test

turdbreath
turdbreath

And the republican party won’t exist if she’s the nominee.

carnic
carnic

she would not stand a chance.

Junius
Junius

Ha Ha, what a joke!

Ritchie
Ritchie

Liz Cheney would not be any better than Biden. IF, she gets the anomination, the Republican Party will surely loose big! She is a proven liar and a disgusting traitor. She and that cry baby Kissinger both should be before a firing squad for treason just as they did in the old days, But then that would be too good for them! Maybe hang them between Adam Shi• and Nancy Slutossie. That way they have to look at each other and try to lie their way out of the hanging while they choke!!!!! But unfortunately I know that won’t happen.

Dick
Dick
Reply to  Ritchie

It’s because of talk like this that we have Red Flag laws. Disgusting.

SunshineKid
SunshineKid
Reply to  Dick

And red flag laws ignore due process as well as the words of the second amendment: “… shall not be infringed.”

Ritchie
Ritchie
Reply to  SunshineKid

Tell that to the democrats, that infringe on second amendment every day. We have red flag laws because of mental idiots like the 4th of July shooter. Who’s parents should be behind bars. Any responsible gun owner would never buy a gun for a mental person. Son or not.

Ritchie
Ritchie
Reply to  Dick

Well mr. dick. It seems you are no better than them. If you do not feel the anger and discuss that the majority of country feels, then you must be one of them! If not, then you too are a traitor to our country as well! We went from energy independence to foreign oil dependence, that is what drives inflation. It is simple economics. If people did not have to pay record prices, they would have more money to spend on other things also all of the suppliers have to pay more, then naturally they have to raise their prices to cover that then retailers have to do the same. Gas prices have always set the rates of inflation among some other things. I am a true patriot, and I hate with all my heart what Biden and the rest of those idiots like Cheney, Kissinger, and the rest of Democrat fools. I used to believe in the Democrats like John Kennedy, but sadly they are all gone and have been replaced by fools like “squad”and the afore mentioned in this comment. If this is what you support then you are no better than them. And should be outcast with them!!!!!

SharonG
SharonG
Reply to  Dick

It is an opinion ‘dick’! Don’t get bent out of shape snowflake!

Troll Killer
Troll Killer
Reply to  Ritchie

Dims and RINOs are turds from the same rump.

Wyatt
Reply to  Troll Killer

The one on the south end of a northbound mule .

Joseph Rouleau
Joseph Rouleau
Reply to  Ritchie

Might as well have Jane Fonda.

merlin1246
merlin1246

For a woman who couldn’t be elected dog catcher in her won state anymore, and who rankles all but the most RINO of RINO’s, she needs to leave the country.

Dutchman
Dutchman

Liz Cheney is delusional…she won’t even be re-elected as Wyoming’s representative this November.

Michael S
Michael S

I would love to see Liz Cheney challenge Donald Trump on the national stage on national television to be nationally humiliated by President Trump. She can’t get enough people to like and vote for her in her own state at this point I doubt she could get enough people nationally. Unless of course they’re dead or illegal and voting for her.

Cinti CB
Cinti CB

Fine, let her waste her money.

Wyatt
Reply to  Cinti CB

Her money ? No , her deluded donars money .

Edmond Ramirez
Edmond Ramirez

She’s getting wiped out in her own state and she has the unmitigated gall to think that she could become president of the United States – the mental illness that far too many people in America are suffering from has expanded exponentially in the last six years and has become dangerous for America’s endemic character. We all better pray that the next election in November is not stolen – they’ve done it before and their expertise it doing so again has probably improved.

Beverly Ross

LOL!!! Thats a HUGE NO TO CHANEY!

Arnold Tobias
Arnold Tobias

If she wants a embarassing defeat,bring it on.

Frank W Brown
Frank W Brown

So WHY has the ‘Party” abandoned you, censured you and kicked you OUT of the state party??? Bring it ms. STUPID!

Eugene ross
Eugene ross

she has to be a democrat because every time her lips move she is lying

Troll Killer
Troll Killer

Well, at least Dick is happy now knowing that he is not the most disliked Cheney in history! It would be nice if he would take ol’ Lez out bird hunting with him some time….but this time, NO WOUNDING… make it count!

GFGTC
GFGTC

Why would anyone care what Liz Cheney thinks?

Gary Black
Gary Black
Reply to  GFGTC

That’s a great question. I don’t believe anyone does care. She is delusional. I suspect if Wyoming should by some underhanded political magic elect her again likely nobody in the country will care what anyone in the State of Wyoming at large has to say.

joanneC
joanneC

The ego of Liz Cheney is so over exaggerated compared to her actions, and her accomplishments. She should wonder if she can be re-elected in Wyoming. Maybe she is considering running with the other arrogant, elitist,over-privileged, supposed,Republicans, Romney or Kasich..

Anthony Andrews
Anthony Andrews
Reply to  joanneC

Rino’s like, Liz Cheney, are the same as Democrats. They’re on the same team. They’re in cahoots together. “your turn this time, my turn next time” You scratch my back and I’ll scratch yours” ! Trump IS the only one for the forgotten man no matter what race you are. He’s proved himself with flying colors. Amen!

Jan
Jan

No it’s not Trump that would cause the GOP party not to survive it’s You!!

Stephen Russell
Stephen Russell

Wrong WE Can

Lorraine Smith
Lorraine Smith

Liz Cheney is a disgusting waste of human flesh.
Hopefully she’ll join daddy soon.

Richard Perry
Richard Perry

I hope she does run. She thinks the GOP will back her she is badly mistaken. She needs to find another job maybe with CNN

SunshineKid
SunshineKid

Liz Cheney confuses the DNC with the GOP. She’s actually part of the DNC, but “identifies” as being GOP. Just like the misgendered sexually confused brain dead liberals, she is deep in their pockets.

Tom
Tom

Oh boy. I S-U-R-E wish the Democrats run her for ANYTHING.

Megalonzerg
Megalonzerg

Liz means that the Democrat leadership of the Republican Party (like her) can’t survive another Trump term. I would say that’s the whole point of voting for someone like Trump. The two mainstream Parties have been betraying all of us for decades in their mutual quest to create a “new world order”. That’s why they both hate Trump. He cares about the Country and its people, and is arrogant enough to say NO to the 2-Party Marxist agenda.

1stAand2ndA
1stAand2ndA

LOL….Liz Cheney will not survive November GeneralElections….lol…

Jawad
Jawad

No, Lizard Cheney. YOU will not survive a second Trump presidency. So bugger off already, you quisling. Go join the DemonRats.

PROUDWHITE
PROUDWHITE

Run? Haaa In her RINO Pants maybe.

alfalfa
alfalfa

This trash should go away and hide in the dump. She is no longer a republican and her time in office is over as should be and the republican organization will get no money from me as long as she is in office. This goes for all the other RINO’s in office.

Joseph Rouleau
Joseph Rouleau

She’s as bad as Hanoi Jane Fonda.

Bill Stout
Bill Stout

Liz Cheney is a f—ing c–t that is a disgrace to humanity she like her father and the douche bag in the White House could not lead starving dogs to meat.

ruth
ruth

maybe this country can survive Liz cheney — I for one have NEVER VOTED FOR HER –yes I live in Wyoming– she really thinks she is cool–too damn bad she is running behind- right now , , ,

Richard Hennessy
Richard Hennessy

The GOP and the Country can do much better with President Trump than with either Chaney (RINO) or another Democrat.

msgleo
msgleo

If she’s the nominee for president, I’ll write in Trump.

Jamey
Jamey

The federal “swamp”, both Democrats and Republicans, hate Trump with a passion, since he represents the American people, and NOT the federal politicians who really want to run America. Cheney is certainly one of these “swamp creatures”.

CITIZEN
CITIZEN

Any decision she makes will be the wrong one for her but great for the rest.

CITIZEN
CITIZEN

Got tired of being ignored by democrats too so now trying to play up to republicans

SharonG
SharonG

She is too much! Arrogant. And if she thinks we want her kind of conservatism she is sadly mistaken. President Trump is the kind of consevatism we want AND need! He proved himself over and above after the way he was treated by the left and her kind of RINOism. America First, not RINO pockets first! Goodbye Lizbo!