Trump Has Made Up His Mind on 2024 but Won’t Reveal One Key Aspect

Gage Skidmore Flickr

This story is breaking and will be updated as more information becomes available.

Former President Trump confirmed that he’s made a final decision on launching a presidential campaign, but one large question remains.

The Hill reports:

Trump told New York Magazine that he has already decided, and the “big decision” will be whether he chooses to announce it before or after the upcoming November midterm elections.

“Do I go before or after? That will be my big decision,” he said.

Trump said announcing before the midterms could come with an advantage, dissuading other potential candidates from launching their own campaigns.

“Let people know. I think a lot of people would not even run if I did that because, if you look at the polls, they don’t even register. Most of these people,” he said. “And I think that you would actually have a backlash against them if they ran. People want me to run.”

For months Trump has hinted at his plans to run for president again in 2024 but due to strict campaign finance laws, he’s held off on making any official declaration.

However, while Trump still remains a powerful figure within conservative politics some experts have begun to weigh if Trump’s age and reputation may ultimately hurt the GOP’s chances to retake the White House in 2024. A number of presidential contenders have already begun to emerge and have acknowledged their interest in running for office, particularly if Trump doesn’t run.

So far most pollsters have reported Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is the most popular figure–behind Trump to run for the presidency but the Governor has maintained his sole focus is winning re-election in the Sunshine State.

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Vice President Mike Pence are also rumored to be heavily considering entering the political arena regardless if Trump runs again.

Dan
Dan
30 days ago

Make the announcement after the midterms. I don’t know how much more I can listen to the democratic haranguetans whine

dslady
dslady
30 days ago

Hope Trump does run BUT UNLIKE THE COMMUCRATS IF HE DOESN’T RUN, WE HAVE A SLATE OF EXTREMELY QUALIFIED PEOPLE TO RUN! The top two were named in the article and they would have so much support from MEGA. Recall the absolute fear the word “MEGA” puts in Biden. He literally reveals his most livid hatred whenever he uses the word, “MEGA” because his voice rises and he shakes. Just watch him and enjoy his fear.

james henry james
james henry james
30 days ago

If they take back the house and senate he will run! There will be plenty of watcher this time and they won’t be asking to check the machines they will just do it! Mules will be caught on sight and held !

Julie Leighton
Julie Leighton
24 days ago

I hope they do. And I hope they get a taste of their own medicine by investigating the hell out the corrupt democrats.

gene smith
gene smith
30 days ago

what was found wrong with my comment earlier today. I would be very interested to know. Thanks so much….. gene smith

Bobby Myrick
Bobby Myrick
30 days ago

I WILL ONLY TRUST TRUMP TO SAVE THIS COUNTRY!

Valkyrie
Valkyrie
29 days ago

If Trump decides to run, in light of his past performance, I’d bet he would be a shoe-in considering his potential numbers are so much higher then his closest contender.

realitybasedbob
realitybasedbob
29 days ago

Donald sure I drama queen, isn’t he!

Julie Leighton
Julie Leighton
24 days ago

I think the words your looking for are… strategic genius

John Grychak
John Grychak
29 days ago

THIS IS THE NEW MARCHING SONG OF THE USA, “TRUMP / TRUMP / TRUMP”. GOES IN TUNE WITH “MARCH ON THE RIVER KWAI!”

Robert
Robert
29 days ago

Trump running for President will not make America great again

Julie Leighton
Julie Leighton
24 days ago
Reply to  Robert

Maybe not for you! The majority disagree with you.