McCarthy Rips Facebook Over New Policies

Kevin McCarthy via Gage Skidmore Flickr

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) blasted a recent Meta decision to decrease the reach of political content on Facebook, accusing the tech giant of being politically biased.

“Facebook made sure no one saw the Hunter Biden laptop story before the 2020 election,” the House Republican tweeted. “But now that America has record inflation, rising crime, & a border crisis —all as a result of Dem policies— Facebook is shutting down more ‘political content’ to hide the truth from Americans.”

Meta announced recently that it would be implementing changes around the world to decrease “political content” in users’ Facebook feeds. The company made the announcement on July 19, saying that changes to decrease the spread of political content on Facebook through a ranking system would be made around the world.

“Our tests have concluded and demonstrated that placing less emphasis on likes and shares for political content is an effective way to reduce the amount of political content people experience in their Feed. We have now implemented these changes globally,” the company announced.

Read more at the Daily Wire.

Machiko
Machiko

So it begins…..
GOP vs Democrat political content.
Who gets censored more?

kate
kate

hastening their impending irrelevance. can’t come soon enough.

Fuzzy
Fuzzy

But they aren’t limiting Liberal posts just conservatives. I see many posts that are disgusting and they are left up

gunny gil
gunny gil
Reply to  Fuzzy

In fact when posting facts and figures showing the treasonous acts of the liberal democrats, both current a historical, facebook suspends you for days and even weeks. They will also let stand postings, sharings, and comments degrading conservatives but one comment they don’t agree with about the leftist and down you go

Deb G.
Deb G.

McCarthy should drift off into the California sunset…he’s nothing but part of one of the many problems in D.C. He’s a 2-bit politician.

Truthupfront
Truthupfront
Reply to  Deb G.

Shame for people like you who go through their adult lives with their heads in the sand. I`d bet $10K you have never experienced communism. You vote for your own oppression which makes you just stupid.

Deb G.
Deb G.
Reply to  Truthupfront

My hand is never in the sand, contrary to your accusation. You might want to check into McCarthy’s history and learn how two-faced he is and one that cannot be trusted. I guarantee you that I am definitely not stupid.

Maria Brewer
Maria Brewer

Facebook locked my account with a program called “protect Facebook” I have loss my years of friend list and posts. They said they did it because I was politically active. All I ever did was copied and posted from new feeds. Can you help me get my account back?

Stephen Russell