Google Censored Staggering Number of GOP Emails

Google building via Wikimedia Commons.

According to the Republican National Committee, Google has suppressed more than 22 million campaign emails since September. Google accomplished this censorship by sending Republican correspondences to spam folders. The RNC is now considering legal action. Still, Google insists that political affiliation has nothing to do with what emails end up in spam folders.

Breitbart reports:

“Every single month, like clockwork, Google suppresses important GOTV and fundraising emails at the end of the month, with zero explanation nor commitment from Google to resolve this issue,” said RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel in a comment to Fox News.

“We are less than 40 days out from Election Day, and important GOTV emails to our opted-in voters in states that have already started early voting are being systematically sent to spam.”

Google has been under scrutiny for sending political emails to spam since a study from the University of North Carolina revealed the tech giant marked 59.3 percent more emails from conservative candidates as spam during the 2020 election compared to liberal candidates.

In a statement to Fox News, Google spokesman José Castañeda insisted there was no bias in how emails are sent to spam folders, but did not explain the strange pattern of RNC emails getting suppressed at the end of every month.

The spokesman insisted, “We enable political committees and other organizations to reach their constituents, donors, and key audiences via email. When Gmail users say that they don’t want to receive an email, we place the email in the spam folder, politics or political affiliation plays no role in this determination.”

Stephen Russell
Stephen Russell

See Big Tech does censor

Matt
1 month ago

Google is as criminal as the FBI and the Chinese Communist Joe Biden and the ENTIRE BIDEN CRIME FAMILY.

Matt
1 month ago

Commented, but it never was posted.
USA acting like COMMUNIST CHINA.

Matt
1 month ago

Don’t bother commenting – no matter what I post – the article about censorship – censors my every comment.

gypsy
gypsy
1 month ago

dems and rino can not win without cheating and censoring republicans

Jim Mullins
Jim Mullins
1 month ago

95% of e-mails in my Spam are Republican campaign oriented e-mails. Even though I check them as “Not Spam”, e-mails from the same source keep showing up in my Spam folder. Why are these people not allowed to be prosecuted?

Edward F Gehringer
Edward F Gehringer
1 month ago

That study was from North Carolina State, not “the University of North Carolina”! The lead researcher was Muhammed Shahzad. I know because he is my colleague.

JDubyah
JDubyah
1 month ago

Yes – the censorship is true. Something like 90% of my spam email are from Republican sources. I tried to shut their spam filter to ‘none’ and I tried to use their filters to learn what not to put in the spam filter, but it only got worse. So I take the bad email out and transfer all of the rest of them to my other email folders where they belong. This has been going on for too long, but I thought it was the app more likely than google

Metoo
Metoo
1 month ago

I don’t know about Google, but Yahoo has definitely put the vast majority of GOP adds in my spam folder. I get some GOP campaign emails, but when I look in my spam it is full of them. I didn’t unsubscribe to any of them. Actually, I didn’t know I was getting them, because they never show up, but in spam.

r m
r m
1 month ago

Section 230 of the Communications Act has to go. Absolutely no on-line censoring of any type is acceptable and the FCC needs to get some teeth and put a stop to that and make use of artificial intelligence (AI) censoring software illegal as well.

'Bad Hand'
'Bad Hand'
1 month ago

“Think about it”…that’s all the RINO, RNC does….’thinks’ a lot!

r m
r m
1 month ago

Advice to the RNC: Sue, baby sue. Sue so often Google winds up in Chapter 11 after paying legal fees and judgements!

Charles C Nolan
1 month ago

Yahoo AT&T does the same thing with non-traditional medical and conservative content filtered to spam. The “not spam” does not affect the filtering, and the unsubscribe from financial newsletter pitches is ignored.
No more than the telephone providers are allowed to listen in on phone calls, should email be open to viewing by employees of communications providers.

Edmond X. Ramirez, Sr.

Don’t just talk about going to court over this, do so and ask for punitive damages. When Republicans take over next year after the elections I expect this mess and others like it to be corrected.

Stephen Russell
Stephen Russell

ALL Big Tech does this

ReggieC
ReggieC
1 month ago

Check your Hotmail junk folder too.

Edmond X. Ramirez, Sr.

Those of us who post on and use Google expect more – as far as integrity is concerned. But it seems what we are getting is the politicization of Google – that’s disappointing.

Bill Williams
1 month ago

How disgusting it is that lib commie Google has so much power. Our America is in such a mess because if these people. May they enjoy Hell.