Indiana Boy forced to Threaten Trump in ISIS Video Says It’s ‘Sweet Relief’ to Return to America

Levi Clancy, CC0, via Wikimedia Commons

An American child who was forced to appear in an ISIS propaganda video and threaten the President has spoken out for the first time since repatriating to the states.

“My message to Trump, the puppet of the Jews: Allah has promised us victory and he’s promised you defeat,” said Matthew, a boy from Indiana, who was ten years old at the time. “This battle is not going to end in Raqqa or Mosul. It’s going to end in your lands… So get ready, for the fighting has just begun.”

Matthew was forced to recite the threat by his stepfather in 2017, from the ISIS-controlled capital of Raqqa, Syria. Now in the custody of his biological father, 13-year-old Matthew says returning to the country has been “sweet relief.”

“It’s happened and it’s done. It’s all behind me now,’ he said in BBC’s Return From ISIS: A Family’s Story on Panorama. “I was so young I did not really understand any of it.”

Matthew’s mother, Samantha Sally, married his stepfather, Moroccan born Moussa Elhassani in 2012 and had a daughter. Elhassani became radicalized two years later, and in April of 2015 moved the family to Northern Syria, where he trained to become an ISIS sniper.

Sally and Elhassani had two more children before he began training Matthew to become an ISIS fighter. He recorded the boy assembling a fully loaded AK-47, and learning how to build a suicide vest, then acting out how to blow himself up.

After helping film the videos of her son, Sally secretly emailed her sister to request money to escape back to the US. She admitted that Elhassani had become violent towards her and had purchased two teenage sex slaves, who he continuously raped.

A ‘very mentally unstable’ Elhassani forced Matthew to film the video threatening Trump in August of 2017, then was killed shortly after in a drone strike. The boy was happy he was dead. “I don’t think I should have been, because a person died, but I was. We were all crying out of joy.”

After her husband’s death, Sally paid smugglers to take the family into Kurdish territory, where they were held in a detention camp for a year.

In 2018, the family was released into U.S. custody, where Sally was charged with funding terrorism for two trips to Hong Kong 2015, where she deposited $30,000 into safety deposit boxes. She pleaded guilty and received a six-and-a-half-year prison sentence.

Matthew was happily reunited with his father Juan and they reside in Florida. He never thought he would make it back to the US.

‘I always said “one day I’ll be back home, one day I’ll be back home” but it never happened. So I thought “I’m just never coming home,” he said.  ‘I feel sad that they would do that to a child. That’s how I feel.”

Junie
Junie

Welcome home!

michael witman
Reply to  Junie

now go back !

Frances Hixenbaugh
1 year ago

American women are often taken in by foreign men who say one thing in America and quite another thing when the couple goes to his home country—-even in those countries favorable to the U.S. I would advise against any American/foreign marriage, especially if the bride is an American and the groom is foreign. This story at least had a semi happy ending.

Mandy Martin
Mandy Martin
1 year ago

We so hope. It will only be known in about 8-10 years. No child should ever have to go through that. Seems the mother got off light.

Dan Winright
Dan Winright
1 year ago

The step-dad only did what Islam taught and demanded he do. Thats why America can’t afford muslims. Look what the filth in congress has achieved thus far.

Ginny Procuniar
Ginny Procuniar
1 year ago

Especially if it’s a Muslim man.

CaptTurbo
CaptTurbo
1 year ago

Fight the DemRat Vote Fraud! Trump is the best President of our lifetimes! Drain the swamp!

Brad Fisher
Brad Fisher
Reply to  CaptTurbo

Frankly, more correct is to say it “Drain the Democrat Sewer.”

Barney
Reply to  CaptTurbo

its sad but most of the RHINOS are part of the swamp

George M. Semel
George M. Semel
1 year ago

That kid is going to need some real help from a phycologist. And not just handing him head meds either. My guess a lot of outdoor activities like fishing will go a long way to getting him back and on an even keel. As for the people that did this to him, find, fix and then kill them all. Do it will a MQ-9 these turds lose their minds being killed by a robot.

DawnieR
DawnieR
1 year ago

It’s REALLY EASY to BRAINWASH a 10 year old child (they do it every day here in US skools!!!!!)!! 3 YEARS of brainwashing?? This kid needs to be DE-PROGRAMMED and then WATCHED for ‘jihad tendencies’!

Emma
Emma
Reply to  DawnieR

Agree. First thing I thought of reading it.

John Lee
1 year ago

What happened to the rest of the children

james hunt
1 year ago

The enemy is in the camp!!” BIBLE” God warns us about these cults and keep them out of “OUR” country!!! Build more wall and higher!!!! Go Trump 4 more stay put!!!

Omega 2
1 year ago

AND SLEEPY JOE IS COW TOWING TO THESE BLOODY BUTCHERS in stating he would open the USA to all MUSLIM COUNTRIES AGAIN! A bucket of ROCKS are smarter than this IDIOT running for the WHITE HOUSE!

Gladys
Reply to  Omega 2

Look who he learned from, the King of the idiots, obozo and he is still learning from him as
obozo is back and wanting to finish off what we know as America.

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
1 year ago

With joe’s corrupt cabal of COMMUNISTS, we’ll be dealing with the enemy from within!

Emma
Emma
1 year ago

We’ve been fighting the enemy within for years.
Things got really serious when pelosi lied & opened the door for obama.
Absolute treason.

Walkin O'Shea
1 year ago

No sympathy here. It’s always easy to use the excuse I was to young to understand. I think that crazy Canadian muslim used the same excuse for killing an American trooper by throwing a grenade at him. Then proceeded to get $1 million dollars from the Cdn gov’t. So many of you are going to suggest that I’m heartless,,,well in point of fact I am. The mother should never have allowed her child to be in that place, at that time, to be put into this situation. Maybe the child isn’t guilty but the parents sure are.

Walkin O'Shea

Joe
Joe
1 year ago

See ya later, u haven’t changed,from the brainwashing.

MPC
MPC
1 year ago

What happened to the sister?

Ginger
Ginger
1 year ago

It’s very sad what some women will allow their children to go through all for a man. Poor kid. Hopefully, he will not return to his anti-American ways and become a Democrat.