Rush Limbaugh’s Replacement Announced

Gage Skidmore Flickr

Conservative commentator, podcaster, and radio host Dan Bongino is taking over the late Rush Limbaugh’s radio slot Westwood One just announced.

This comes on the heels of news that Bongino’s show The Dan Bongino Show just hit its 100th radio station affiliate milestone earlier this month.

However, with the announcement Bongino is taking over Limbaugh’s coveted 1 to 3 pm time slot for Westwood One, he will now be in nearly every media market in the United States.

“I’m excited to embrace the immense power of radio to connect with my listeners live for three hours every day,” said Bongino in a press release. “This is an incredible privilege, and I pledge to honor the trailblazing work of those who came before me.”

“Dan is passionate and relatable, with a natural ability to connect with his audience,” said Suzanne Grimes, President, Westwood One and EVP Corporate Marketing, CUMULUS MEDIA. “Dan has been on a meteoric rise since his podcast launched in 2019, and we look forward to watching his star continue to soar.”

Bongino, 46, is also a New York Times best-selling author and his works include “Life Inside the Bubble,” about his career as a Secret Service agent, “The Fight: A Secret Service Agent’s Inside Account of Security Failings and the Political Machine,” and “Spygate: The Attempted Sabotage of Donald J. Trump.”

He served as a Secret Service Agent from 2006 to 2011, serving both President Obama and President George W. Bush. Prior to his Secret Service tenure, Bongino served as a New York City Police Department (NYPD) officer from 1995 to 1999.

Bongino, who has his MBA from Penn State University, and his MA and BA from the City University of New York, has also been a Fox News regular.

READ NEXT: Former Fox News Pundit Flips on Trump, Fox News Correspondent Running for Senate? [CLICK HERE]

P W
P W

No one is replacing Rush, but if it had to be somebody I would have preferred Mark Steyn.

Grace
Grace
Reply to  P W

I’m sure Mark will share the lime light with Dan. No one can replace Rush and it will take more than one man to carry the torch. Mark has substituted for Rush many times on his program. Dan Bongino is an undiscovered treasure dedicated to Rush’s message. . I’m sure he will do an excellent job. Perhaps the new Rush hasn’t been discovered yet; either too young or not yet born.

James
James
Reply to  Grace

I agree; there will never be another personality like Rush! I do love how they are re-programing much of the wisdom and insight Rush has shared over the years.
As someone who has only listened to Rush; almost daily, since my retirement 11 years ago There is much I was never able to hear. Didn’t always agree with some of his take on environment and the big pharma industry, but he never did claim he was 100% right all the time!

dave holt
dave holt
Reply to  Grace

Joey Bag-O-Donuts!!!! Love it!

B J
B J
Reply to  P W

What a disappointment, DB is too full of himself.

DIANE CHERECHINSKY
DIANE CHERECHINSKY
Reply to  B J

LOVE IT,LOVE IT DAN IS SO GREAT!!!SO WHAT IF HE’S FULL OF HIMSELF,THE LIBTARDS CERTAINLY ARE!!! HE WILL BE GREAT.RIGHT IT IS HARD TO REPLACE RUSH AND I’M SURE DAN KNOWS THAT BUT IT WILL BE GREAT TO HAVE SOMEONE THERE SPEAKING FOR US CONSERVATIVES!!!!

Ursula Raymondo
Ursula Raymondo

I agree. Confidence in yourself does not mean he is full of himself. If that were the case Rush would have really been full of himself when he started out in 1980. That brought him the attention of many people. Later on he became the fuzzy little meatball. I miss him like crazy and we are finding out more and more how right he actually was.

Tracee Farmer
Tracee Farmer
Reply to  B J

So was Rush. I hated Rush when he started out because of his arrogance, but when you really listened to him you realized how smart he was. Dan Bongino does not sound smart but has a BS and Master’s degree in Psychology and an MBA. He’s really smart but relatable which is exactly who Rush was. Now I wish I could convince my local station to run Bongino instead of the local yocals.

MikeyW
Reply to  Tracee Farmer

A lot of people thought Rush’s “Talent on loan from God-d” comment was arrogance; it was not. All talent comes from God. Rush was simply acknowledging it, not saying he was the only one so blessed.

Colleen Mara
Colleen Mara
Reply to  MikeyW

Rush was just thankful for his talent!!!!

Sandra&Edward Froehlich
Sandra&Edward Froehlich
Reply to  B J

Sandie
DB is not full of himself, he’s SURE of himself and that’s what you’ve got to be in this world we live in; we need more like him. He’s a perfect replacement to Rush and my husband and I wish him well.

Colleen Mara
Colleen Mara
Reply to  B J

Like the foolish left isn’t??? and have no reason to be!

Billy Bob
Billy Bob
Reply to  P W

Me too, love his wit:)

BoopyDoo
BoopyDoo
Reply to  P W

I like him and Bongino too.

Gene Williams
Gene Williams

I would have preferred Stein, too, But Bongino will do a fine job.

JP Morris
JP Morris
Reply to  Gene Williams

I don’t like mark Steyn. His attempt at Dennis Miller esque comedy falls flat to me. Some of Rush’s guest hosts while very smart guys, are just boring to listen to. I like listening to Tucker Carlson (although I don’t think he does radio) and Mike Gallegher, Candace Owens, Ben Shapiro .

Jerry
Jerry
Reply to  JP Morris

I agree , don’t care for Mark

Lee C
Lee C
Reply to  JP Morris

Ken Matthews from Harrisburg, Pa is an excellent fill in. Also very witty like Rush.
Mark S goes over my head with his big words. Don’t like to follow that kind of talk. Whereas, Mark Levine is a brain and can talk and explain to everyday people.

Kris Wayne Nikolauson
Kris Wayne Nikolauson

GOOD LUCK, BUT, NEVER SELL US OUT LIKE FOX NEWS

Jim
Jim

Fantastic NEWS. Dan will be a great Host! Awesome decision FOX

Stonewall
Stonewall

Bongino is taking over the time slot but Rush will never be replaced. I hope Mark Steyn continues to work with the network as he is also a no holds barred voice of reason.

Bigdan 4045
Bigdan 4045
Reply to  Stonewall

There has been only one Rush Limbaugh and we were fortunate enough to have been able to hear him and see him on occasion. Dan Bongino is an intelligent guy who will be Dan Bongino. God gave him that talent and I don’t believe Dan will go against the Will of God…..my opinion….

Joyce Froney
Joyce Froney

“Steyn would have been great. Dan will do just fine.

Gideon Rockwell
Gideon Rockwell

Mark Steyn and Dan Bongino were both my two top choices. Though no one can ever fill Rush’s shoes, they are both great show hosts and commentators.

M.L.E.V.
M.L.E.V.

I thought Bo Snerdley would have been a more natural replacement for Rush, he was really outside of Rush’s wife, Kathryn, that he mention on a regular basis. We’ve heard Mr. Snerdley talk on the show, he has good presence and is a natural. Plus being so close to Rush, he could’ve talked about things that Rush would say or think of, and that would be like part of the family.

Honey
Honey
Reply to  M.L.E.V.

Good idea.

graydog
graydog

EXCELLENT!! No one will be able to replace Rush! He was the very best just loved to listen to my hero!!! But also I think Dan Bongino is an excellent choice and I will be tuned in every day to listen to him!!! Welcome Dan!!!

Bill Williams

Good show and good luck Dan, Followed you on FOX before they turned totally liberal, now I don’t watch FOX ever. Tough shoes to fill but I think you’ll be OK.

Lynne Watkins
Lynne Watkins
Reply to  Bill Williams

It is of course your decision not to watch Fox, but I have not found another conservative network that is mostly fair and balanced. That is what Fox always intended to do and I think they do a good job at it. The liberals they have on there, Chris Wallace, Neil Cavuto,
and perhaps you can throw Sandra Smith, & Bret Baer in there too. But I never watch Wallace or B.B. that is my choice. News Max and OANN do not have the same format. There are plenty of Hosts that are conservative enough for me. IMO

Tommy
Tommy
Reply to  Lynne Watkins

I agree and I will never watch Fox News again as long as Chris Wallace as any part of it. Chris needs to join Shepard Smith.

Richard Perry
Richard Perry

great news

Ken McCard
Ken McCard

Great choice; an intellect and passionate.

S Booth
S Booth

Dan is a great voice and tells it like it is. Great choice!

Rodric Hammond
Rodric Hammond

This is a great choice. Dan is a true conservative and is agressively so.

Rodric Hammond
Rodric Hammond

Best choice would have been Lou Dobbs but Fox News is keeping him off the air.

Grace
Grace
Reply to  Rodric Hammond

Love Dobbs but he is too close to retirement. Dan and Mark will both be able to devote years to the cause.

Colleen Mara
Colleen Mara
Reply to  Rodric Hammond

Lou Dobbs is great also, what a mistake for Fox, I have never listen to an episode since removing Lou Dobbs!!

Dee S

I have always liked Dan Bongino, he always stands up for truth and for the laws, and he has a good personality that people are drawn to. Mark Steyn should be on the show too, he also has some great wit and humor.

Sonja Moreau
Sonja Moreau

Congratulations to Dan! He will absolutely drive the socialist democrats crazy! He will be a great voice for the America First Agenda!

BuffNBone
BuffNBone

Good choice. We need to pray for Dan’s health too.

Cowgirl Diva
Cowgirl Diva

Dan is a wonderful choice.!! A straight shooter and good, decent man..!!

Jeffrey Batten
Jeffrey Batten

Dan isn’t replacing Rush. His show is simple going to be offered from 12-3 p ET by Westwood One. Premiere is Rush’s syndicator. Granted, stations my choose to air Dan’s show during noon to 3

Jean in TN
Jean in TN
Reply to  Jeffrey Batten

The stations are likely under contract to Premiere, so it’s not likely they can easily switch to a show offered by Westwood One until their contract for Rush’s show expires.

Frank Sorensen
Frank Sorensen

I am Rush 24/7 subscriber and will stick with that until it no longer exist!

Jon
Jon

This reminds me of the Miami Dolphins, they have had like 17 or so QB’s to replace Dan Marino and none have. And btw I no longer watch that political takeover of a sport.

Robert Frost
Robert Frost

Well done EIB, well done. Big shoes to fill and I couldn’t think of anyone better suited to step up for the challenge.

James Beaucham
James Beaucham

Congratulations!!! A great choice for the country!!!

Sunny
Sunny

There will never be another Rush, but Dan is a good choice to fill the time slot. We need to tune in and support this show as Conservatism needs to carry on in this dark time. Best wishes, Dan Bongino!

Mary Hammers
Mary Hammers

Very good choice! While no one can be Rush Limbaugh, Bongino can be himself and he is spot on when I have seen him on Hannity or Tucker.

Rush cannot be replaced. With that said, Dan Bongino is a good choice for filling up that time slot. I wish Mr. Bongino mush luck and success.

Naomi Christensen
Naomi Christensen

Nobody can replace Rush Limbaugh, but I’m willing to give anybody like Mark Steyn, Dan Bongino, et.al. a chance to try to come close,

Ursula Raymondo
Ursula Raymondo

I wish Mr. Dan Bongino all the best. He is a good Conservative and I definitely will listen to him. I also hope that God heals him and he lives a long and healthy life.

Shooter

My favorite is Mark Steyn, but Dan is also first rate. Hope that the new format enables Dan to have guest speakers on his show from time to time.

Captain Cross

If you caught Jason Lewis on his recent guest fill in I think he was much more suited to take this position. He seemed much closer to the Rush persona than Dan. I really like Bongino and wish him well though.

Mary Anderson

Congratulations Dan.
Love your honest approach and reporting
A conservative and tell both sides then tells you to think about it. He’s not afraid to be truthful.

Jawad
Jawad

Not nobody, not nohow can replace the Rushster. Dan is a fine choice, but I still hope to hear more of Mark Steyn’s elegant, biting British gallows humor. He attended the same school in Birmingham as JRR Tolkien and even got to learn from one of Tolkien’s textbooks.

Thomas DONKOR
Thomas DONKOR

He is a good choice and better than of himself. Go Dan and do well!

trackback

[…] READ NEXT: Here’s Who is Replacing Rush Limbaugh [CLICK TO READ] […]

Eneri
Eneri

I like D.B. He is forceful but gracious like Rush…he will do a great job! Miss Rush though with all my heart!❤️♥️🌷

Carol
Carol

God Bless Rush-May he RIP-We love you

henk_USA
henk_USA

DB IS THE RIGHT CHOICE…

Jean in TN
Jean in TN

I don’t understand how Bongino is “replacing” Rush. Rush’s program is owned by Premier Networks. Bongino’s show will be through Westwood One. They are two different companies. The stations have contracts with the radio networks to air the shows. So if the stations have a contract with Premier, they can’t pick up Bongino’ show from Westwood One unless they negotiate a release from Premier’s contract or until the contract terms expire.

Jean in TN
Jean in TN
Reply to  Jean in TN

Spelling correction (can’t find an “edit” link); it’s Premiere.