Pro-Trump Lawyer Lin Wood is Running for South Carolina GOP Chair, Trump Just Endorsed His Opponent

Gage Skidmore Flickr

Pro-Trump attorney Lin Wood is reportedly running to lead the South Carolina Republican Party but he doesn’t have Trump on his side. Wood recently moved to South Carolina from Georgia, he was a key figure in continuing to push Trump’s claims that the 2020 presidential election was stolen due to widespread voter fraud and irregularities.

The Hill reports:

In an email late Sunday, Wood confirmed that he would seek to oust chairman Drew McKissick, who has run the South Carolina Republican Party since 2017.

“A compelling reason for my decision to run for Chair of the South Carolina Party is that it is time for the leadership of the Party to recognize and appreciate the amazing Patriots stepping up to get involved in the party — this is NOT the time to take actions to exclude them,” Wood said in an email. He cited a dispute over control of a local Republican Party organization in Horry County, home of Myrtle Beach.

“I am no fan of government corruption. Check my record. I am no fan of rule breakers as I believe strongly in the rule of law. Check my record. I detest shady back room deals as I support shining light on darkness. Check my record. I want to help my new neighbors in South Carolina return the Republican Party back to The People. The People have ALL the power — not the elite cabal of the old guard leadership. The People of the South Carolina Republican Party will bring INTEGRITY back to the party and to the government. I trust We The People. It will be my privilege to work for The People as they pursue their goals,” Wood said in the email.

Some experts say Wood’s continued push that the presidential election was stolen ended up negatively affecting the outcome of two key Georgia Senate races as more Republicans stayed home rather than vote in the run-off elections.

Wood will sure to face a tough campaign ahead as Trump just endorsed GOP chair Drew McKissick for re-election.

Trump released his “complete and total”endorsement of McKissick.

Trump wrote,” Drew McKissick has done an outstanding job as South Carolina GOP Chairman, electing more Republicans in 2020 than in over 140 years. Drew fought all the way to the Supreme Court to defend our voting laws—and WON. He will continue to grow the party and help Conservatives get elected in the Great State of South Carolina. Drew has my Complete and Total Endorsement for re-election”

1 year ago

How do we contribute to Lin Wood campaign to fully endorse and support his candidacy?

Ernie
Ernie
Reply to  Belcara

He votes democrat

Susan Lindauer
Susan Lindauer
Reply to  Ernie

EX Democrat right here! So glad I woke up. Lin Wood deserves our support for his passionate fight for Election Integrity across our nation.

Mac
Mac
Reply to  Susan Lindauer

I don’t trust any of them. They turn in the blink of a cross eye

April Williams
April Williams
Reply to  Ernie

he voted for Trump

Reply to  Ernie

Maybe he used to though I doubt he will ever vote Democratic again. Most Americans shouldn’t!

moody1
moody1
1 year ago

Trump endorsed the other guy in February. Nothing to do with Lyn Wood. Go Lyn!

Reply to  moody1

Makes sense! If President Trump endorsed McKissick in February, why would he switch his endorsement now… that would be ugly. If McKissick is a good guy, the competition clean, May the best candidate win and May both make our country a better place to live! Lots of room here!

David Taylor
David Taylor
Reply to  Belcara

I have but ONE question. If L Wood is such a Constitutional conservative and Trump supporter, why is he challenging a SC proven conservative instead of fighting to straighten the electoral mess in HIS state of GA?

Reply to  David Taylor

Please read what Moody 1 writes. He seems to know that President Trump previously endorsed McKissick in February. Now, Lin Wood is running against McKissick. It’s a lousy idea to switch when McKissick has done nothing to deserve losing endorsement just because Lin Wood comes on the scene. President Trump has more character than that. He has to be steadfast to his original endorsement.
Perhaps Lin Wood has had enough of Georgia. Who knows?

April Williams
April Williams
Reply to  Belcara

My sister who lives in Atlanta says she is supporting Lin Wood, she said Lin Wood has proven his dedication and his fight for the truth to prevail no matter how unpopular it is and that is what we need in DC

mbh
mbh
Reply to  moody1

Is it possible that based on Lin Wood’s decision, that Trump may change his endorsement?

Junius
Junius
1 year ago

I have supported President Trump most of the time, but when it comes to South Carolina, Republicans I don’t agree! He should have seen that they are not a loyal bunch, mostly out for themselves. Just like all RINOS! Nikki Halley and others should have opened his eyes.

David Taylor
David Taylor
Reply to  Junius

Are you trying to BS me with mention of Nikki Haley????? Oh, now I get it! Nikki Haley, as gov of SC sold out her state, diminished the South and Confederacy, initiated the cancel culture by declaring people had the moral obligation to remove symbols and emblems that offended them.

mofromtn
mofromtn
1 year ago

Until you fix the voting system and catch the liberal cheaters\traitors what sense does it even make to vote.

David Taylor
David Taylor
Reply to  mofromtn

THAT has always been the #2 goal of libturds and dictators. It worked for Obozo in 2000 and more recently in GA. Conservative voters were convinced their votes would not count so they didn’t bother – despite Trump’s warning that ‘If you don’t vote, they win”.

Donna Kiel
Donna Kiel
Reply to  mofromtn

You should vote anyway….just so to help in the forensics…if needed. Voting is a privilege that should never be forgotten. I say this because I thought the same way. Don’t allow the DS to change your right to vote. This is given in to the cabal. Vote Vote Vote

Tom Brown
Tom Brown
Reply to  Donna Kiel

And, throw in a couple of more votes, if needed. LOL!!

Reply to  mofromtn

It’s a God given right that many have given their lives to protect for “We the people!” If I were the only person left to vote American values for a good guy, I would show up to vote. We have got to stop giving up our Constitutional Rights!

Susan Lindauer
Susan Lindauer
1 year ago

Sometimes Trump REALLY gets it wrong. This is one of those times. Just sayin’

mbh
mbh
Reply to  Susan Lindauer

Trump was wrong when he endorsed John Cox for governor 2 years ago – on the recommendation of Kevin McCarthy. However, this endorsement is different – wonder if he will reconsider now that Lin Wood is now a SC resident?

anniedawn
Reply to  mbh

In other words you think Newsom was the best to be governor of California? WRONG! The narcissistic jackazz has walked all over the Constitution and flipped the birdie at the people. He is also up to be unseated. God willing and the river don’t rise

Reply to  mbh

If McKissick does something disrespectful, I could see it, but otherwise, President Trump would lose respect for turning on his initial word, his endorsement. Citizens of SC would be confused. SC and McKissick deserve better.

Donna Kiel
Donna Kiel
Reply to  Susan Lindauer

President Trump knows things…much more than we will ever know at this time. No, you should not blindly follow anyone, but I have a good feeling about this. I like Lin but some things he has said didn’t quite sit well with me. Yet, I still like him.

Dee S
1 year ago

He is right, the 2020 election was stollen by a number of fraudulent measures. Hope Wood stands on principles and never quits fighting for truth and justice!

Wondering Woman
Wondering Woman
1 year ago

IHjmmm! Strange this alleged ally of )President Trump’s, who did nothing to expose the obvious VOTER FRAUD ORGANIZSATION’S ACTIVITY in his state of ‘GEORGIA, DESPITE EVIDENCE OF SUITCASES OF BALLOTS BEING REMOVED FROM UNDER A TABLE AFTER WATCHERS BEING DISCHARGED BY BOGUS CLAIMS OF A BUSTED WATER PIPE, WHICH WAS PR9VED TO BE FALSE.
Is this a case of his showing his deep state estaablishment INSIDER colors by moving to another state to try to oust a true re0ublican & shift the party majority in the 2022?
Pay close attention to what is going on in South Carolinal. Strange that a scccessful lawyer with an established law firm suddenly decues to pick up & move to another state to run for a political office as a newcomer to that state.
You should pay close attention to Who is contributing the most to their campaign donations before deciding who to vote for.. ,

Dee
Dee
1 year ago

President Trump why are you turning your back on Lin Wood!

Phyllis
Phyllis
Reply to  Dee

President Trump didn’t turn his back on Lin Wood. He endorsed Kisselman in Feb. before Wood indicated he would run for the office.

Reply to  Dee

Who threw in his hat first?!! Too bad that Lin Wood is not running against a democrat? He is running against another Republican. We don’t need fewer Republicans, we need more…good ones hard to come by. Forget good Democrats!

Brian Olson
Brian Olson
Reply to  Belcara

They need to get rid of the RINOs…….

RichP
RichP
1 year ago

I have been a huge “Trumpster”, but I can no longer support him; his continued push for this unnecessary, toxic and evil vaccine has done him in for me. I am convinced now that he has been a phony all along and has taken us patriots for a ride.

Ellen Madrid
Ellen Madrid
Reply to  RichP

So it’s the Marxists you want over Trump?! If not for Trump giving us the vaccines they would keep us all in lockdown and ruin our livelihoods forever. It will be hard enough defeating them – we want Trump leading us. They hate Trump bc he fights back.

Reply to  Ellen Madrid

You are right. Those who have gulped the koolaid, would keep us on lockdown for the next 5 years locked in the basement with Biden double masked!

Reply to  RichP

My take is that he wants the country to get past the vaccine issue and get on with the business of running the country. The vaccines are a huge interruption. Many terrified citizens who believe that they must have the vaccine want it. Have you tried talking someone who can’t wait to be vaccinated out of it? Just try!!! It is an insane subject. President Trump knows that those of us will not under any circumstances chose to be vaccinated, aren’t going to no matter what anyone says(not even the President of the US!

Micala
Micala
1 year ago

Until our Country removes the corruption flooding through it’s foundations, we will FAIL as a Nation. And that is exactly what the “POWERS THAT BE” want…FAILURE AT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT LEVEL. Biden’s doing that all by himself! It’s happening, it began when our election was stolen and now via the COVID EXCUSE TO ALIENATE AND ISOLATE AMERICANS!

FYI: Even Presidents who worked hard to secure and make our Nation economically successful make mistakes. Remember, you are only as truthful as your source of information.

However, why would you jump from the frying pan into the fire by abandoning President Trump for something as small as this? Do YOU know of someone better who can pick up the pieces of this fragmenting country? No? Then remain on the side of a very successful President that did everything he promised. AND KNOW that the Democrats will do everything possible to burst your loving bubble about President Trump! They hate him, have always hated him from day one…and to make you believe that P.T. no longer cares about the American people is their greatest wet dream! Do NOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY SAY! They will twist words/actions to make you think P.T. No longer cares about our Nation. They are “dead wrong”!

Because if you decide to abandon our President, YOU HAD BETTER HAVE FOUND SOMEONE 100 times better at that job than P.T. to trust with your life and your loved one’s lives…and right now, there isn’t even one man who fits that description…except President Trump himself!

Sandra
Sandra
1 year ago

I don’t think he is against Lin Wood.. this is more than likely an optics move.. Trump has to unite the Republican Party against the Marxist Dems.

WILFRED
WILFRED

HOPE THIS GUY WIN

April Williams
April Williams
1 year ago

Trump was a democrat, I was a democrat…look how many people were or still are democrats on paper..but in heart and actions they are conservative patriots. Lin Wood has nothing to do with the senators losing in GA. It is so easy for politicians to blame everyone but themselves for losing the Senate. My sister from Alanta GA said to me concerning the run off Republican voters are not going to show up to vote because they were shown on Nov 3th what and how much their vote mattered. No one was really standing up and fighting for Trump, the way Trump stood up and fought for them. Everyone knew there was fraud but who was fighting for Trump? Lin Wood and he still is. As much as I love President Trump he doesn’t always endorse the best, look at Mitch McConnell. My sister says she will vote for Lin Wood, the truth matters and it is what is needed in DC

Richard Hennessy
Richard Hennessy
1 year ago

Of course, President Trump endorsed Wood’s opponent. Wood is an undependable idiot. He may have caused conservatives 2 Senators and the Senate majority in Georgia.