Liz Cheney is Considering Running for President in 2024

Office of Congresswoman Liz Cheney / Public domain

Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney is still considering launching a 2024 presidential campaign. Rep. Cheney told reporters she hasn’t ruled out the idea of running for president despite her popularity amongst the party slipping after voting to impeach former president Trump.

According to The New York Post:

“I’m not ruling anything in or out — I’ve been here a long time,” she told The Post when asked if she would ever consider running in the future.

“I think we have a huge number of interesting candidates, but I think that we’re going to be in a good position to be able to take the White House. I do think that some of our candidates who led the charge, particularly the senators who led the unconstitutional charge, not to certify the election, you know, in my view that’s disqualifying,” she said.

“I think that adherence to the Constitution, adherence to your oath has got to be at the top of the list. So, I think, you know that certainly will be a factor that I’m looking at and I think a number of voters will be looking at as they decide about ’24.”

Cheney, the No. 3 Republican in the House and daughter of former Vice President Dick Cheney, has been a vocal critic of former President Trump, often rebuking his style and splitting with him on a number of issues including foreign policy during his time in office.

Recently, Cheney was asked if Trump was the party’s nominee in 2024 if she would support hurt, her answer was short. See what she said HERE.

Trump has vowed to support Republican primary challengers against those that voted to impeach him following the January 6th Capitol riot. Trump has also refrained from confirming if he plans to run for president once again in 2024 but so far polls show a majority of Americans would ultimately support Trump’s campaign. If Trump does not decide to run polls show Florida Governor Ron DeSantis as the odds-on favorite to win the Republican Party’s nomination.

Gideon Rockwell
Gideon Rockwell

As far as I’m concerned she would be wasting her time and money.

cajunanatomy02
cajunanatomy02

it would be the votes money

Robert Philippi

Agree, for it either going to be President Trump or Gov DeSantis!!!!!

Skip Watson
Skip Watson

Don’t rule out Gov Noem as a possibility.

Frank W Brown
Frank W Brown
Reply to  Skip Watson

Nah, she screwed the pooch with her veto of a law that prevented trannys from competing against REAL WOMEN in sports, SAD!

Dede
Dede

I’m with you Gideon. Save us all the pain of listening to her. PLEASE

Paes

Is that the new joke of Wyoming ,!! ??????

Kendall Bassett
Kendall Bassett
Reply to  Paes

She knows that her career in Wyoming politics is over.

Barney

NO liz cheny terrible RINO

Donal
Reply to  Barney

looks like one also

Mandy Martin
Mandy Martin

That is almost as stupid as Romney saying he would run again.

cashgirl
Reply to  Mandy Martin

I think these people have an over-inflated concept of themselves, how about you? And, frankly, it wouldn’t surprise me one bit if Romney threw his hat in the ring — he’s a pretty cocky guy!! 🙁

Helenq
Helenq

Great!.. Find a real sеxual partner \\ relax24.club

Richard Mick Ross
Richard Mick Ross

I’m betting theer will be 20 Repubs who THINK they are presidential,,, Please don’t do it… run ONE solid conservative

cashgirl

President Trump!!!! 🙂

Rio Sam
Rio Sam
Reply to  cashgirl

Would love another Trump presidency…. But realistically I’m afraid he might be too toxic AND he could only be president for 4 yrs… However Ron DeSantis who would also be a very good president could potentially be in office for 8 yrs. We need that much time to undo the Commie democrats agenda and hopefully and possibly be long enough to see Pelosi gone from Congress… Along with a few other Democrat dinosaurs…

anniedawn
Reply to  Rio Sam

Nah. Trump/DeSantis 4 years, DeSantis/? two 4 year terms.

Kirby
Kirby
Reply to  Rio Sam

Trump could run and stay in office for 8 years. According to the Constitution. A president can only run for 12 total and no more than 8 yrs concurrently. So Trump would qualify and I would vote for him before most of the names I’ve seen come from the Republicans like this brain dead Congresswoman. Liz Cheney is as sleazy as her father!

cashgirl
Reply to  Kirby

Thanks for the Constitutional lesson, Kirby — that’s good news. Looks like I need to brush up on our Constitution some. 🙂

cashgirl
Reply to  Rio Sam

How about President Trump running with DeSantis as VP? Then DeSantis could run and be President for the next eight years after that! Sounds like a plan to me.

Brian
Brian

Not only no, but hell no! She is one of the reasons why they need to do away with political parties. No party line voting. If a person runs, then they run on their own merits and record. If that was the case then she would be an epic fail in the election.

General Patton
General Patton

You are even more delusional than we thought Liz. Go back to Wyoming and shovel horse shit!

Carol
Carol
Reply to  General Patton

She Is horse pucky!

Vic Bailey
Vic Bailey
Reply to  General Patton

I think she is in the Pig Shit Business. Semper Fi.

Peter Johnson

I have more chance of winning, and I was born in the UK.

Bobert

Is she kidding?
She’s the worst kind of RINO.
Get lost!

Tom haver
Tom haver

She one of the most dangerous people in Washington DC! She is part of the GOP rhinos that stab President Trump and American people in the back for 4 years. They let Democrats steal 2020 election.
Here’s the rest of the traders !
Paul Ryan, Bush family, Mitch McConnell, Linsey Graham, DOJ Barr and lawyers, FBI director Wray and all agents, CIA director and all her agents and John Roberts Supreme Court Chief Justice and other 8 plus all 300 so called constitutional judges.
All working for US Chamber of Commerce, Globalist and Communist China money!

Kaye Walker
Kaye Walker
Reply to  Tom haver

So True TOM..Thank you

Gary Abbe

Hey Liz, you’re going to have a very difficult time winning your House seat again in Wyoming. What makes you think you have a snowball’s chance to make it to the first primary in NH for POTUS in 2024? I’d be surprised if you could raise a million dollars for this race.

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
Reply to  Gary Abbe

Daddy would give it to her.

anniedawn
Reply to  Gary Abbe

George Soros supplies cash to anyone who hates America.

P W
P W

She will have free time because she won’t even get re-elected in her home state, but if you can’t win Wyoming how are you going to win anything? Just goes to show that people that can’t do anything else hang out in politics as long as they can. Liz Cheney has no chance of winning anything politically any longer and yet will go out in a blaze of glory than with any shred of dignity left. She will be the Republican version of Eric Swalwell for the Dems in 2020, she won’t register any interest from anyone and yet feels compelled to run for President.

Michael McIver
Michael McIver

Does she get a tax write off for a campaign she knows she has no chance of winning?

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl

When I saw who it was, I literally choked on my own spit! One thing so said that’s very true is:”I’ve been here a long time ”
What a joke. Hope the people in her state are paying attention and send her packing.

Mark Reinbold
Mark Reinbold

Would have been excited a few years ago, but not since Jan 6.

Bill Littleton
Bill Littleton

That is the most disgusting and repugnant idea I have heard all week! Not only no, but HELL NO! Stop this traitor and war monger in her tracks!

Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Lizard Cheney needs to go to hell ASAP.

Walkin O'Shea

Just what we need. Time to really send this fool a message and send her packing.

mofromtn
mofromtn

I trust her about as far as I can shoot, or was that her husband LOL They both followed little bush who is in lust with obamas husband Michael so NO I don’t and never would trust them at all. I trust the true President Donald J Trump

Carol
Carol

Of course she is considering this. She doesn’t know when people dislike her. Why did she think there was a censure attempt recently to get rid of her? NO ONE WITH A BRAIN WOULD SUPPORT HER FOR EVEN SENATOR AGAIN LET ALONE POTUS!

cashgirl

No thanks, Lizzie — I’ll pass thank you very much!!! Surely she must know that she doesn’t have many fans out here? 🙁

Kaye Walker
Kaye Walker

Liz Cheney, WHAT A JOKE!!! Just another Rino, She is as bad as her DADDY!!!

Randy
Randy

I’m not voting for that bitch!

Viken Shirinian
Viken Shirinian

That’s great, some good entertainment for us when she gets carved up by the great 45 himself

lin
lin

Cheney makes the statement “Senators that led the Unconstitutional charge, not to certify the election” which is a completely false statement. Hawley and Cruz used their CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED right to object to the certification of electoral votes, the same guaranteed right that Democrats used for the 2000, 2004 and 2016 elections. The 120 plus Republican lawmakers who signed the amicus brief in support of the Texas lawsuit against certifying votes from four states used their RIGHT as Americans to place an issue in front of the court. That issue was four states whose laws order that only their legislators make election laws, but whose election laws were changed arbitrarily without input from those legislature, in the name of Covid restrictions.
Even Democrats ignore that she is the daughter of former VP Dick Cheney who vehemently claimed there were WMD’s in Iraq and advocated for that war and that Liz was a major advocate for forcing the regime change in Iran. The Wyoming House seat she now holds is the same one her father held for ten years.
Cheney epitomizes the old GOP, supporters of the industrialized and privatized military industrial complex and beholden to the corporations that control the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Of course she hates Trump, he turned the old GOP on its ear by forcing the Republican party to focus on the needs of American citizens.

George

She couldn’t be elected dog catcher even if the elections were rigged!

Susanana
Susanana

Should be interesting. RINO Liz won’t win.

Omega 2

NO MORE RINO ” BACK STABBERS” NEEDED HERE!

Dizzy Lizzy needs to go away. She is a Democrat in sheep’s clothing.

trackback

[…] Via TTN: […]

Carolyn

What a disgusting joke. It is even more treacherous to think Pence would run against President Trump, after demonstrating the turncoat he is and how he abandoned President Trump, during the electoral process.

Tim
Tim

Stupid bitch doesn’t have a chance! She would only destroy the republican party like she is trying to do now!

Carol

ha ha ha that is the best joke ever…it has to be joke because its too stupid to be real

Gary Von Neida

R.I.N.O.s like this One is why I continue to refuse donating to the Republican Party—-To Donald Trump, YES; but to the party of R.I.N.O.s a resounding NO–NEVER AGAIN, NO!

Micala
Micala

No one I know would vote for Liz Chaney. She’d be smarter not to run in 2024. Let a more qualified candidate seek that position. However, if P.T. runs in 2024, the American people will back him as their President, no one else.

joe
joe

A Republican Kamala?

Tom
Tom

Oh my God…Oh my God. Whoever runs against her will now have to throw one vote away. Not Cheney’s vote. She will vote for someone else. It will be Schiff’s vote.

Jawad
Jawad

Lizzie spent too much time languishing on the fence and taking the wrong side. To hell with her.Our passions and energies are better spent elsewhere.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey

LMAO What a delusional bitch!

Paul Lamothe

Liz Cheney is a POS. just like her husband was!

JoeInAz

ROFLMAO with the statement “Rep. Cheney told reporters she hasn’t ruled out the idea of running for president despite her popularity amongst the party slipping after voting to impeach former president Trump”.

Resist #70
Resist #70

She’s got to be kidding. Aside from her father, Dick “Let’s start a War, anywhere anytime” Cheney and GW Bush, she’ll have to get Dumbocrats to crossover in the primaries vote for her. A total disgrace!

Vic Bailey
Vic Bailey

She is just like her Father a TRAITOR to our People and Country, which she has proven on more than one occasion. I wouldn’t trust her in an outhouse with a muzzle on.
Semper Fi.

Howard Seaton
Howard Seaton

All I can sahy is….ha,ha,ha,ha,ha…

Mac
Mac

We’ve had enough turn coats. I want to slap everyone of them. Stay home plz

Patricia Cunningham
Patricia Cunningham

I would never vote for a Liz Cheney! She is a Rino along with the Bushes!

DrSique
DrSique

Awesome!!! She can be the Kamala Harris of the Republican Party and struggle to break one percent approval.

Gordon
Gordon

Liz’s chances are zero!

Keith C. Haas

I wouldn’t vote for Liz Cheney as a dog catcher.