New Poll Shows Majority of Republicans Don’t Want Trump to Run in 2024

President of the United States Donald Trump speaking with supporters at an "An Address to Young Americans" event hosted by Students for Trump and Turning Point Action at Dream City Church in Phoenix, Arizona. Gage Skidmore Flickr.

A poll’s results could spell bad news for Trump if he runs in 2024. A poll conducted by former ambassador John Bolton’s Super PAC revealed that a majority of Republicans would prefer a fresh face represent the party in 2024’s presidential election. The most interesting thing about the poll is the sharp uptick in respondents from the last poll conducted in March.

According to Mediaite:

In a new poll of Republican primary voters by former Amb. John Bolton’s Super PAC, respondents were asked “Since former President Trump’s popularity has dropped with voters since the 2020 election, would you agree or disagree that a new republican candidate – a fresh face – would be a stronger candidate to defeat Joe Biden in 2024?”

Just over a third (36 percent) of GOP primary voters say Trump would be the stronger candidate, while 52 percent say a “fresh face” would be stronger. As the Bolton Super PAC press release notes, that’s a massive swing since their last poll in April:

A new nationwide survey by John Bolton Super PAC of voters reveals that a majority of Republican primary voters now agree “that a new Republican candidate – a fresh face – would be a stronger candidate to defeat Joe Biden in 2024.” That is a major shift since our first national poll taken in April where 50% of primary voters said Trump would be the strongest candidate to defeat Biden while 36% said another candidate would be stronger. That’s a shift of 17 points away from Trump and 16 points to a “fresh face” – a 33-point swing.

In the same press release, Bolton said “The significant amount of data in this poll should be of considerable interest to Republican candidates at all levels: presidential, congressional, and state/local,” and that “The data show the fissures in Trump’s base are expanding, and show that GOP voters still prize good policy above anyone’s personality.”

While many Republicans have voiced their hopes Trump launches a third presidential campaign, he’s only dropped hints at his future plans. Some other Republicans have shifted their support to the wildly popular Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, however with so much time left until 2024 there’s plenty of time for a new face to take the Republican Party by storm.

Lifelongskeptic
Lifelongskeptic

This came from Bolton’s Super PAC, did it? That, and the framing of the question, tells me all I need to know.

Bill
Bill

Yeah, we can all trust Bolton to treat Trump properly. So convincing, coming from him. Not.

Reply to  Bill

HA!

georgette F Hendricksen
georgette F Hendricksen
Reply to  Bill

Totally can;t trust Bolton, and never will. No problem,

Dee S
Reply to  Bill

Like I trust John Bolton.

Donna
Donna
Reply to  Dee S

Dee, right on, like we trust Joe Biden………..

Exactly!

OZZ/OHIO
OZZ/OHIO

I know you need to show all the news but could you also make comments on the news articles you publish

JOANN DIRKS

Bolton is one of those RINO’S. Who’s listening to that dork?

georgette F Hendricksen
georgette F Hendricksen

We can not trust Bolton at all. This is a lie.

Fed UP
Fed UP

Trusting Bolton is like trusting Fauci. O brother.

anniedawn

We all know Bolton only asked Bubblehead DEMS for their “vote”. We all know Trump won the 2020 election and will win the 2024 election even if we have to use the “write-in” vote.

Jack

Yeah, me too. I don’t pay anymore attention to John Bolton than I would at a pile of horsesheet !

madmemere
madmemere

True that!

Gary
Gary

Totally agree! I’m surprised that TTN doesn’t point out the bias, considering the source…Bolton, who came out against Trump when he was trying to sell his book in which he criticized his former boss! Hmmm.

Jason Herr
Jason Herr

Fake news!

brh
brh
Reply to  Jason Herr

Just more fake news – Does anyone believe anything that John Bolton says about President Trump after the many lies hes has already “tried” to spread. He’s right in step with the demented-evil-demo-socialists-Marxists!

Ollie Octopus
Ollie Octopus
Reply to  brh

That’s because he is a member of the Marxist Council of Foreign Relations (CFR), a group that has been pushing one world government for years.

Irene C Grooms
Irene C Grooms
Reply to  brh

D.J.TRUMP AND THE GOV. OF FLORDIA, AS VICE PRESIDENT.

Joy Brower
Joy Brower
Reply to  Jason Herr

And I’m about to add THIS site (“TTN?”) to the unsubscribe list of know-nothings as well!

Dee S
Reply to  Joy Brower

Makes you wonder if they support real truth, or just fool us to get our opinions to feed to the Left!

Dnav
Dnav

Holy CRAP, it’s a RINO poll, a Never Trumper poll. I can’t believe you idiots even published this CRAP. Get a clue. Quit facilitating political HIT JOBS.

Trump is the man, the candidate, 70% approved last month. WAKE UP.

I will be unsubscribing from your crap if there is one more stupid article like this. Thanks.

brh
brh
Reply to  Dnav

I believe the count for our President Trump is now over 80 million supporters! Who in Heaven’s name is willing to accept anything that Bolton publishes or has anything to do with!!!

Dee S
Reply to  brh

I don’t change my mind because of stupid polls. I vote from what I’ve seen and on policies and principles, so they are wasting their time on swaying me!

Joy Brower
Joy Brower
Reply to  Dnav

YES!! Dnav!! I, too, am just about to unsubscribe from this crap site as well!!

John Kerns
John Kerns
Reply to  Joy Brower

Agreed, this is a bs poll and begs the question why would Trump Train even put this fake poll out.

Veteran

Fed UP
Fed UP
Reply to  Dnav

Yes, and quit facilitating election theft. That is Treason.

Dee S
Reply to  Dnav

It certainly is a Rino Poll. Don’t believe you can trust people who are out to sway opinions with false information. Believe me, there are more rinos than we think who act conservative, but they are not in their political and social views, and then later prove to be false. I don’t believe one iota of what this poll says. Bill O’Reilly and Trump are having a huge Town Hall about History….its going to be a huge event drawing in millions. Just the fact that this website gives a fake poll turns me off.

Keith S. Clark
Keith S. Clark

This is why No One takes Polls serious.

Dee S
Reply to  Keith S. Clark

These polls are all designed to try to influence people away from their chosen candidate!

brh
brh

If it came from Joh Bolton’s super pac, need we say more. Pure BS.

brh
brh

Does anyone believe anything that John Bolton posts about our President Trump?

Dnav
Dnav
Reply to  brh

Long answer: NO

(and short answer too) 🙂

cashgirl
Reply to  Dnav

Thanks for the smile, Dnav! Ditto! 🙂

Dee S
Reply to  brh

NO, Bolton just wanted more troop escalation and wars in the Middle East. We are not voting for any Rinos period.

cozycalico
cozycalico

I want to see Trump back for his second 4 years he was cheated out of if it can be done sooner rather than laterand then a new face of someone Trump will support as I trust Trump’s judgement as to who is the best candidate.

Dee S
Reply to  cozycalico

PRESIDENT TRUMP AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WERE CHEATED AND LIED TO IN MANY WAYS, AND ABOUT MANY THINGS, INCLUDING WITH A FRAUDULENT ELECTION, AND THE LOCKDOWNS FROM COVID….THE LEFT HAD TO CREATE A FEAR FACTOR TO CONTROL PEOPLE!

Gary

Sorry I don’t believe the results of this poll! In addition it really too early to be making predictions for the 2024 Presidential Election. Lets see if the elections in 2021, 2022, 2023 can restore our faith that elections can be run fairly again in this country because I believe there is a good amount of consensus especially in the Republican Party that there was too much corruption in the 2020 election! Right now I believe the strongest ticket we could have in the 2024 Presidential Election would be President Trump leading the ticket with Ron DeSantis running as his VP.

lizzardman
Reply to  Gary

I would not like to.see DeSantis leave Florida until 2028. We need him in reserve after President Trump’s second term. We need to be strategically intelligent in our deployment of strong Constitutional candidates and not risk having to deplete our funds fighting another Governor’s race in a solidly Republican state. DeSantis 2028!!!

anniedawn
Reply to  Gary

That would give Conservatives 12 years in the presidency THEN if Don Jr was DeSantis’ VEEP maybe another 8 years. Or maybe Jordan. The Dems are having fits he was selected for the 1/6 committee. He does not back down to anything.

Fuzzy
Fuzzy

Why would he even consider running with what they did to him for 4 years and they are still after him. Sick people. I would love to see him back but they just won’t quit going after him and wasting the tax payers money. He did more for our country than his predecessor by a long shot.

Marilyn J Pondel-Frank
Marilyn J Pondel-Frank
Reply to  Fuzzy

While I do agree with you on several of your points, I TRULY believe that the 2022 elections will get rid of piglousi and her evil bunch in the house, and cryin’ chuck and his evil in the Senate, there won’t be enough of a demonrat vote to push any further “investigations” and other bullcrap these devils have been allowed to get away with for the last 6 years

Agree!

Richard
Richard
Reply to  Fuzzy

Because he love AMERICA

Noname777
Noname777

Seriously?!?!?!?? Who in their right mind would EVER pay ANY attention to john bolton’s PAC on ANYthing related to President Trump?!!!! Bolton, nor anyone even remotely connected to that a$$hole, has no clout! Us true Conservatives know good and well that their so-called ’poll’ is totally fictitious! Good grief!!!!

Marilyn J Pondel-Frank
Marilyn J Pondel-Frank

ROFLMAO 😂😂😂 OHHHHHH… because John Bolton(TRAITOR!) is SUCH a “reliable source”! More FAKE NEWS. ANYONE with a brain and functioning eyes can look at ONE Trump rally from the last several weeks! 10’s of THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE THERE.. AND EVEN MORE WATCHING THE BROADCAST! Not ONE of my conservative friends would even look at another candidate. Give me a break 😂😂

Maria Pace
Maria Pace

AS SOON AS I READ THE NAME JOHN BOLTON, I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH THIS POLL, FAKE NEWS RAISES IT’S HEAD AGAIN. I THOUGHT
JOHN BOLTON QUIT POLITICS.

Stephen Gore

Just who did the war monger Bolton ask? Talk to people on the street, they want the strong leadership that Biden and to ho do not provide, not anyone in the Dem party. The only guy to have a chance of beating trump is the gov of Florida, and he has not said he wants the job.
So this pole is straight out of the CNN play book.
Just disregarded.

Jim NH61
Jim NH61

Bolton HATES Trump. I’d like to know the breakdown of the participants. What percentage were Dems, Trump haters, RINO’s?

Reply to  Jim NH61

Bolton’s poll is a hoax, just like Biden’s fake presidency.

Dee S
Reply to  Jim NH61

I will never Trust John Bolton.

Idmonster
Idmonster

Don’t count the votes before they’re cast, at least. .I wonder which rinos they polled for the results they got . .

Reply to  Idmonster

I doubt anyone was polled, Bolton just made it up.

Wrenchman
Wrenchman

Number 1….
AYFKM??
John Bolton conducted poll? Is this some kind of joke?
Well duh! If his polling profiles are anything like himself, Kasich, Ryan, Cheney, Flake…..
Shall I continue?
Now Buzz Off!

Lew Tripp
Lew Tripp

President Trump fired Bolton. Need any more be said?

H. D.
H. D.

I guess it would all depend on who this “fresh face” is. If it’s another recycled democrat or rino, then no. If we could get a house, senate, and president in there who would institute term limits, then I don’t care who it is, as long as they stick to 2 terms in Washington DC, maximum.

agiletz
agiletz

UH< did bolton and his minions happen to attend/view/see the results of CPAC??? o knew President Trump is popular, but I do not believe his popularity is waning by any stretch of one’s imagination!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to  agiletz

True!

Spurn
Spurn

John Bolton is a traitor when it comes to President Trump he will apparently do and say anything to smear the former President. President Trump terminated this war mongering Cabinet Secretary. Disregard this poll as with most polls. Remember the polls said Trump would never win the Presidential election. Wrong as usual.

Pam
Pam

Seriously? LMAO Consider the source – John Bolton

Philip Byler
Philip Byler

This is just more John Bolton sour grapes. Worthless.

gene smith
gene smith

I just very simply DO NOT BELIEVE BOLTON OR HIS POLL>

Joy Brower
Joy Brower

What?!? From John LOSER Bolton?!? His credibility among mainstream and conservative Republicans is pretty closer to ZERO/NADA/NOTHING!! Like WAY too many headlines on this crap site, this one was no different: “Luring in eyes with lies!!” One more from you idiots, and I (probably like many others) will just unsubscribe and NEVER hear from you effin’ losers again!!)

Jane C Dewberry
Jane C Dewberry

I’m not too sure I’d trust the results of a poll done by John Bolton’s Super PAC as Bolton has always been a “NeverTrump-er”. Notice, the article doesn’t specify the internal data of the poll, i.e. how many #NeverTrump advocates were polled as opposed to those who support Trump. Until you see the internal data, you don’t know whether the poll was skewed to purposely go against Trump or not; but considering it’s Bolton’s PAC, I would bet it was. Bolton turned out to be such a disappointment.

Carolyn Goodin
Carolyn Goodin

John Bolton is a never Trumper. I can tell you that he skewed his sample to get the result he wanted. Why you even reported this fake news is beyond the beyond!

Keith
Keith

This comes from an anti-Trump PAC, so, there’s that.

Dee S
Reply to  Keith

Thats what I figured.

cashgirl

Can’t imagine another “face” taking me by storm, Mr. Bolton! President Trump will always be my first choice, and for now, he’s the only one I refer to as “President!” Kind of difficult to believe this poll isn’t a bit slanted given that Bolton is not a Trump fan. It sounds to me like he and others are trying to persuade we patriot Trump supporters, that he doesn’t stand a chance and we need to look somewhere else. Not working on me, Mr. Bolton and Bolton PAC!

Randy131

John Bolton is an enemy of President Trump, as President Trump fired him. I wouldn’t believe a John Bolton survey or poll any more than I’d believe any of the liberal biased mainstream media’s surveys and polls.

glenn edward davis
glenn edward davis

Notorious anti-Trumper and warmonger. If Trump polled well in any of his polls, it would never see the light of day.

pam
pam

Sounds like another load OF BS poll to me.

Annie

I do not believe the poll is accurate.
The American citizen loves President Trump. Most of the republicans
are rino republicans they are worried about their own pockets.

margaret johnson
margaret johnson
Reply to  Annie

You are so right

Marlene Thompson
Marlene Thompson

The way Bolton stabbed President Trump in the back, no one should believe him. I know I don’t or ever will trust him. He’s a joke that needs to be put away along with many others.

Junius
Junius

This site has been trying to sabotage President Trump, for a long time. Just another RINO site!

Maria Pace
Maria Pace
Reply to  Junius

I WOULD THINK THAT BOLTON SET THIS FAKE POLL UP TO GET THE LOWDOWN
ON WHAT PEOPLE ARE THINKING ABOUT TRUMP.. WELL I GUESS HE GOT HIS
ANSWER IN THIS COMMENTARY.

Wayne
Wayne

This is at odds with accepted, routine polls

Bill
Bill

Where were the Republicans the last 5 years ……….? Hiding like freaking cowards and trying to raise money on line !!!!!! because they don’t f…ing care

JOANN DIRKS

GET A GRIP…..Again, the media ONLY reports those on the left & those RINO’S who never liked Trump in the first place. The majority of voters STILL LOVE PRESIDENT TRUMP.

BearGulchBiker
BearGulchBiker

Are you out of your ever lovin’ minds?

Susan Lindauer
Susan Lindauer

So say Never Trumpers. Who cares what the globalist war-mongers want????

David Carrabotta
David Carrabotta

To President Donald Trump, my mother always reminded me to consider the source. ROCK ON AND RUN!

ZZ Stake
ZZ Stake

You people are beyond stupid, and this poll is about as valid as all of the polls during the election that showed Biden winning, when the fact is that he lost the election by a landslide.

Maria Pace
Maria Pace
Reply to  ZZ Stake

YEAH THEY CAN MAKE ANY FAKE NEWS SOUND TRUE, YOU HAVE TO KEEP AN
EYE ON THE DEMOS AND MSM.

Heather
Heather

Backstabber Bolton….yeah probably all the RINOS…enough said.

Donna
Donna

Get a second opinion, MR, T.. This based on one poll…………….there are many who poll, I would be comparing who did the poll and the outcome to others………….

Roger
Roger

Bolton’s theory about Trump is because he was fired under Trump. Trump was pulling tis country together if only those republicans in the house and senate would have done their jobs.

Common Sense
Common Sense

Why are you even running this article and who’d contribute to John Bolton???!

roy young
roy young

IF IT CAME FROM A LYING SON -OF -A – BITCH LIKE BOLTON,HELL PEOPLE? YOU BELIEVE WHAT YOU WISH,HEY JOHN HOW DID THE BOOK DO ???? IT DIDNT !!!

Dee S
Reply to  roy young

Thanks for saying what the rest of us think.

Benjamin Bell
Benjamin Bell

The Republicans in Congress thought they were rid of Trump until they went asking for campaign funds and found out you only get money with a Trump indorsement.

formermarine

Fake news via bolton because it does not state number of People asked to vote . Just ignore because it is B******t .

Dede
Dede

Just be sure it’s not you. You apparently have some major character flaws and we need democrats to loose.

Mary purington
Mary purington

Please. John Bolton?????? Never Trumper!!wouldn’t believe anything he did or said!!!!👎👎. Come on man 😂

Pat
Pat

Bolton said this. Sure. Who believes anything that man says. He is one of those who couldn’t become president so they make things happen to keep having their 15 minutes of fame.