Seriously: Hilarious Kennedy Should Replace Useless McConnell as Senate GOP Chief

Left is Senator John Kennedy(Photo by Treasurer Ron Henson via Flickr) / Right Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell(Photo by Gage Skidmore via Flickr)

Scientists have yet to create a perpetual-motion machine. However, the perpetual-quotation machine has been invented and is functioning beautifully. His name is John Kennedy, and he should become Senate GOP leader.

The Louisiana Republican is a priceless media resource. When a journalist needs a colorful observation on current events, Kennedy delivers more swiftly than FedEx.

Kennedy once said the Senate “is like high school, but nobody ever graduates.” He described a superficial “fix” to ObamaCare as “putting paint on rotting wood.” He is no fan of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. He said about the California Democrat: “I don’t mean any disrespect, but it must suck to be that dumb.”

“Putin is a wolf,” Kennedy told Fox News Channel’s Sean Hannity Tuesday night. “I think he thinks President Biden is a sheep in sheep’s clothing.”

Kennedy spoke with Fox’s Maria Bartiromo on Sunday in a combination interview and stand-up comedy routine.

Referring to the Build Back Better Act, Biden’s $2.4 trillion to $4.8 trillion gateway drug to American socialism, Kennedy said, “The only way I know how to improve that is with a shredder. It’s going to fuel inflation. When a Hot Pocket costs you $10, remember, we’re building back better.”

Kennedy dismissed Biden’s $1.2 trillion “fake infrastructure bill” as “craptastic.” Kennedy explained: “I didn’t vote for the infrastructure bill because only 23 percent of it went to infrastructure. And I wasn’t going to spend taxpayer money to buy a car to get the cupholders.”

Kennedy strongly challenged Saule Omarova, Biden’s Kazakh-born, Soviet-educated, neo-Leninist, and now-withdrawn nominee for Comptroller of the Currency. As she faced confirmation before the Senate Banking Committee, Kennedy grilled this Cornell Law School, faculty member:

“In 2020, you wrote another paper called ‘The Climate Case for a National Investment Authority,’ where you said: ‘What we need to do to the oil and gas industry is have the federal government bankrupt them, so we can tackle climate change.’…I don’t know whether to call you professor or comrade.”

Kennedy chided Biden for naming a slew of other far-Left fanatics to federal agencies, such as First Amendment foe Gigi Sohn, now under scrutiny for a seat on the Federal Communications Commission. “I think they are one of the reasons that President Biden’s poll numbers are on a journey to the center of the Earth,” Kennedy quipped. “‘Be yourself’ is the worst advice you can give some people. And so many of President Biden’s nominees are just barking mad.”

Kennedy described Biden’s picks as “crypto-socialists.” He added: “They’re fanatical. I mean, if you ask them to consider another point of view, their neck veins bulge, and they call you a Nazi or a racist. We try to question them in committee. But they don’t answer the questions. They just refer you — excuse my language — they just refer you to bullshit.com.”

Kennedy urged Biden to restore sanctions on the Nord Stream 2 natural-gas pipeline: “We will get Russia down, and then we can choke them.”

Kennedy is a solid, if not rigid, conservative with twin 84 percent lifetime ratings from the American Conservative Union and the Club for Growth, with both of which I have collaborated for years. Beyond being reliably hilarious, the University of Virginia lawyer and Oxford University graduate also is a sharp interrogator in oversight hearings, as assertive as a Mardi Gras Indian, and suitably defiant of authority.

For his next act of defiance, Kennedy should topple the exhausted chairman of the Senate Cave-in Caucus, Kentucky’s Mitch McConnell (ACU 87; CFG 74). In yet another milquetoast milestone, the Senate’s Republican “leader” swallowed Democrats’ pending-default lies, and agreed this week to help Democrats raise the federal debt ceiling. In exchange, McConnell got…absolutely nothing. This is precisely what he pledged not to do, in a now-meaningless October 8 letter to President Joe Biden.

Seeing Senator John Kennedy stand tall in McConnell’s wobbly shoes would give conservatives the last laugh.

Deroy Murdock is a Manhattan-based Fox News Contributor, a contributing editor with National Review Online, and a senior fellow with the London Center for Policy Research.

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of TrumpTrainNews.com

Junius
Junius

Why did Kentucky destroy America by keeping McConnell in office with his ties to0 China?

madmemere
madmemere
Reply to  Junius

I seriously doubt most Kentuckkians even realize gitchy mitchy is married to a Chinese national (Elaine Chou) and that his inlaws are ALL deep-seated Chinese communists, so in order to keep his “mama” happy, he kow-tows to her family! I say that, but don’t really understand how “anyone” could NOT know it, unless they are all just willfully ignorant!

madmemere
madmemere
Reply to  madmemere

Sorry, I misspelled Kentuckians!

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  madmemere

As my mom used to say “you know what I mean” AND we knew what you meant!
‘S-all right!

Sue
Sue
Reply to  madmemere

Ha ha! “Willfully ignorant” is a more “polite” way to call someone a useless idiot, although it applies to McConnell more suitably. I wonder…was he always like that in the Senate? or did he catch Biden’s “brain-freeze disease”???

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  Sue

McConnell = habitual “caver” to Dems

Madeleine
Madeleine
Reply to  Sue

Dont be too harsh on people. Some still think Biden is actually alive?

r m
r m
Reply to  madmemere

Mitch McConnell looks drunk every time he appears on television. Your comment about the Chinese situation is spot on. American industry and mining (i.e. coal, etc.) cannot exist with crushing regulation from the EPA and other agencies. China wants this regulation so chinese slave labor can undercut US manufacturing and everything you see on store shelves now (including medicines, etc.) is made in China. The solution; vote out Mitch in the primary, elect Republicans to Congress to defund the EPA and other agencies hostile to manufacturing and mining in the USA, impeach Biden in 2023, and a Republican president in 2024.. Sen. Capito from West Virginia needs to be primaried out also, along with other RINO’s in Congress… Products for Americans should be made in the USA with American materials.

Red Allosaur
Red Allosaur
Reply to  r m

Turtle as some call him looks like a turtle ready to yank his perpetual cowardly expression back into its shell.

Damadem
Damadem
Reply to  Junius

It’s kind of like Kameltoe Harris and Swallowswell

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  Damadem

GAWK! 🤢🤮

Philip Byler
Philip Byler
Reply to  Junius

Kentuckians can do much better. They did with Rand Paul.

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  Junius

Excellent question! 😳💥🤯

Cathy
Cathy

I love Senator Kennedy and I absolutely agree. We need a new Senate leader and he is the one!

Sue
Sue
Reply to  Cathy

I agree! When Sen. Kennedy speaks, I actually ENJOY listening to him!! He’s not dull or boring like McConnell or other old guys who need to permanently leave the chambers already!!

Sandy L
Sandy L
Reply to  Sue

I agree I like to listen to him too, he is smart AND funny!

Red Allosaur
Red Allosaur
Reply to  Cathy

Absolutely!!!

Ben Matthews
Ben Matthews

Yup, yup, yup…If ya think Brandon & Son(Hunter) are compromised with the CCP, where does that leave Mitch McMumbles, the turtle/swamp-critter…❓😆

r m
r m
Reply to  Ben Matthews

Look in the toilet after doing #2 and pulling the flush handle; the turds circle the drain. I would care less if I read in the paper traitor Mitch, Omar, Pelosi, Tlaib, and other useless ones in Congress also “circled the drain”.

Red Allosaur
Red Allosaur
Reply to  r m

Yet I feel sympathy for the septic tank’s indigestion.

Kate
Kate

Everytime I see Senator Kenndy on an interview, I tell my husband I wish he was our Senator. I live in NYS. Schumer & Gillibrand. Two worst.

Chippy
Chippy
Reply to  Kate

I am originally from upstate NY but now I never admit it as I’ve lived in TN for22 years that state NY is on the verge of collapse with the government officials that are flushing it down the toilet, Trump should have Ditched Mitch as his wife hates Trump and Mitch is led by the nose by her Kennedy would be GREAT in his place!!

usmadgirl
usmadgirl
Reply to  Chippy

Glad to know we at least got ONE conservative in TN from NY. We need borders around TN to keep all the illegal Leftards out because we have 5 blue counties out of 95 & that’s WAY too many to suit me! HaHa! I watch Senator Kennedy every time I see him on something. He’s funnier than any stand up comic I’ve seen in decades!

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  Kate

Yuk Kate! They are obstinate contrary idiots! You should move south, nicer weather and people! I am aware there are some good conservative people in New York state…….like you Kate!

Kate
Kate
Reply to  maxibaby

Yes, we are both conservative. In fact the area we live in is “red”. I wish NYC would float off into the Atlantic. That would make my day.

John H. Briggs, Sr.
John H. Briggs, Sr.

Kennedy captures your attention with his humorous quips, but humor does not make a leader. Of course, stupid never makes a leader. Cruz would be excellent. Many of the senate do not care for him because he is not a RINO and fights against them. We do not want, or need, a RINO. Kennedy’s rating is only 84%. In school, the is a C, or average. I want an A rating, 93% or higher. Did his votes support President Trump as well as his policies. Spinning funny phrases, but I’d rather someone who spins solid, consistent conservatism! But then, again, the article’s author is from NYC as well as from FOX: what would you expect!!

Beartrap
Beartrap

84% is a B pretty much everywhere, 81 to 89%. Some advanced math teachers may be as stringent as your standards, and I’m not being particularly critical. I have a STEM degree myself, so I thought honesty would be best here. I’m for Kennedy if he’s interested in the future job.

Michelle C
Michelle C

Senator Kennedy is no dummy. He’s a lot smarter than he puts on at times. He looks up everything he can find on Biden’s nominees before they are questioned and he is not afraid of a fight. I would love to have him in my corner any day of the week and twice on Sunday. By the way, Biden lied about his place in his class in law school. I would say he barely made it. He lies so often he can’t keep his lies straight. He was supposedly elected president. He has never had the brains Senator Kennedy has. He never will.

True American
True American

KENNEDY SPEAKS SO ALL DUMBASSES CAN UNDERSTAND.

elvis7437
elvis7437

I would like to see that

Noe Rodriguez

Very true replace Mitch with Kennedy. This should had happened a long time ago. And there are others like Gaetz, Green, Cruz, who are always fighting for the people. Mitch just shows up when everyone already did the fighting.

Bob
Bob

Idiocy can’t be ignored and can’t be perpetuating for any reason. McConnell has been fermenting in Congress too long. As in the military, next up and any replacement is suitable…in fact better!

Kmbold
Kmbold

Senator Kennedy and 12 other “Republicans” voted with McConnell for Biden’s inflationary debt-ceiling cancellation.

Joan
Joan

Kennedy would be perfect as our Senate Majority Leader. Time for Mitch to retire

Damadem
Damadem

Kennedy might be a good one — we’ve GOT TO HAVE SOMEONE WITH A SPINE AND STEEL BALLS to take over that job !!!

SMITH

YES KENNEDY SHOULD BE McConnell’s replacement>:
KENNEDY DOES NOT HAVE A FATHER LAW WHO OWNS A LARGE
SHIPPING COMPANY IN CHINA>:

Fred LeMaster

I And We The Legal Citizens/People And Legal Immigrants Of The USA Minus All Of Those Illegal Foreign Aliens, Would Sincerely Hope We Had A Lot More Senator Kennedy’s From Louisiana, Representing More States In The USA’s Government, Because He Does NOT Shovel S**t, But Buries It, Which Is The Complete Opposite Of What The Communistic Socialistic Progressive Liberal = Liver Damaging Democratic Donkey Party And Their FAKE Repub. Puppets, Who Dig Up S**t And Don’t Know Where To Hide That S**t!!!

Bob Pemberton

John Kennedy would be perfect. He is honest, forthright and with plenty of experience. He also has not overused and diminished his place in the Senate

Patric

I just love and respect Senator Kennedy. His quips are indeed funny but they are also fueled with wisdom, intelligence, and God given good ole common sense! McConnell definitely needs to retire; it’s hard to tell which party he represents. Whatever Senator Kennedy is part of will be putting our country and people first. Isn’t that what every politician is supposed to do?

Philip Byler
Philip Byler

Deroy, I agree with you. McConnell needs to go as the Senate GOP Leader, and I also have been entertained by Louisiana Senator John Kennedy.

Vote for Truth
Vote for Truth
Reply to  Philip Byler

I would like to know what bills Senator Kennedy has signed that has helped the Democrats? I also want to know what he thinks about Trump for President in 2024?

Ridfor
Ridfor

I want him for president!

Mason
Mason

All I care about is NOT John Cornyn. I’m so sick to death of his RINO record, you could change his name to Bill Clinton and no one could tell the difference. When is a viable GOP candidate going to take him down in the next primary in Texas? He is miles away from Cruz in my book. Cruz would make an awesome Sen. Majority Leader. The first time I heard him speak it was in a rodeo arena in Lufkin, TX and he impressed me so much. I told my friends to keep an eye on this fella, he’s gonna go somewhere big.

Capt Rich Galauski
Capt Rich Galauski

Kennedy is fantastic – glad is is with the GOP

Zippo
Zippo

One of the most scariest persons I’ve ever listened to was Yuri Bezmenov – a former Soviet KGB Disinformation Officer. The scariest books- “None dare call it Conspiracy” by Larry Abraham and Edward Bernay’s “Propaganda”. The problem is the Democrats put into practice what these monsters proffer with skill of Tsun Tzu- the Republicans don’t.

Jamey
Jamey

This commentary just may be right! Mitch McConnell did do well in the confirmation of Trump’s SC nominees, but I believe he did it out of personal pique – not philosophical conviction. Kennedy just may be the man to do this job, against the gang of criminal Democrats now in the senate..

rose angela

I always look forward to Senator Kennedy’s outlook on what is happening in our world. He gets right to the point and has the wonderful use of common sense which is greatly missing in our world.

Frank W Brown
Frank W Brown

Yes, mitch needs to GO as well as the 14 other TURNCOATS that CAVED to the VERMIN demoCRAPS! NOW would really be GREAT!

Frank W Brown
Frank W Brown

It always amazes me to see how the republicans have become EXPERTS at snatching DEFEAT from the jaws of VICTORY over and over, WHY even have republicans at all???

Docor
Docor

Give a Liberal Enough Rope… AND THEY WILL HANG THEMSELVES ! More Rope Please !

Joe
Joe

McConnel is a wolf in sheeps clothing, just like that —hol- paul backstabbing ryan, and until he’s gone the repuke party, is in serious trouble. This spineless,incompetent,politician is a danger to your party,get rid of the traitor, or possibly lose the mid=terms for stupidity, of keeping this jerk and loser, who is a dumbocrap.in disquise.Your party is at risk with him.

Helen
Helen

Loved this article about Louisiana’s BEST (in my option) Congressional employee. He’s at the age of maturity (provided by the realism that life in Louisiana provides), has the intellectualism perfected by ivy-league education, exhibits comedy second-to-none when analyzing politics, and is not simply a RINO! I am an Independent who fears for our country’s future that appears to be led by career politicians in it for money (and a hell-of-a-lot-of-it) only!