Democrats are Feuding Over These Redistricting Proposals

Photo of the US Capitol / Photo by the US Capitol via Flickr

Democrats are in for a very bad November but they are looking to get ahead of any bleeding by changing district lines all across the country. In some areas the Democrat’s efforts have been thwarted, but the same story can not be told of other districts. In some states Republicans have tried to change the districts to favor their representatives and have been stopped through a variety of means. There is a war going on in America and it is unclear who will come out on top, here is everything you need to know about the changing congressional districts and major themes ahead of the midterm elections:

Robert
Robert

In Florida, we have Constitutional Amendments requiring compact, contiguous districts. This measure passed with 62% of the vote, meaning a lot of Democrats and independents also voted for them. Result: Florida is MORE Republican than ever. No challenges can affect anything now. Other States need to do this, too, but Democrats are now universally opposed to anti-gerrymander amendments.

John
John

I like what was said about the Democrats losing control of Congress but I wish that reporters and many of our fellow Americans would remember that Congress is the term to refer to both Houses of our bicameral system: the Senate and the House of Representatives. I also wish that people would use the terms for the individual members of these Houses correctly. Those in the Senate are Senators. Those in the House are Representatives. All members of both Houses may be referred to as Congressmen.

Now that I have that off my chest, I live in Kansas and unfortunately we live under the foolish rule of a Democrat Governor, Laura Kelly. She came into power because there were enough Democrats who despised the actions of the previous eight years of Republican rule (such as mandating a balanced State budget and cutting government waste) that they came out and overruled the rest of the voters in the state. Out of the 48 Governors that Kansas has had in its history, only 12 have been Democrat. (For full disclosure, two were Populist, leading to only 34 Republican Governors.) It is my hope that Miss Kelly will be replaced at the next major election in 2024. However, if she has her way (and with her actions regarding our redistricting, she just well may), we may be stuck with her for another four-year term. We can only hope that the gal loses, just like she should.

Bob D
Bob D
Reply to  John

John, I’m in Connecticut but I feel your pain.

Reply to  Bob D

The pain of defeat.

Susan
Susan
Reply to  John

I’m born & raised Kansan & have recently moved to Florida. We love our governor!

Reply to  Susan

Florida is where people go who do not like where they were born.
People who like to live in drained swamps.
People from New York and New Jersey.
They get old and move to New Florida.
Everything in Florida is new.
Including the Trumps

Reply to  Susan

My toy boy Raphael and I just loooove Florida! We enjoy getting our groove on under the palm trees in Coconut Grove! 🤭

Reply to  John

The vocabulary is so important.
Referring to Trump as President is just plain wrong.
His official title is XpresidentRump

Reply to  John

Trump lost just like he should have.

Win
Win
Reply to  AlbertK

Alberto you are a total idiot

juliya
juliya
Reply to  John

hello how r u

Dr D
Dr D

Democrats are bad. And our Democrat Governor in Colorado is by far the worst we have ever had!

Reply to  Dr D

Four legs good, two legs bad.

SDOFAZ

AZ is suppose to be a red state but thanks to the voting fraud we now have two dimwit nitwit senators. The latest Mark, Gabbies hubby, is a dimwit nitwit dud and though his team talks him up with the fraud not possible to the same extent as 2020 I think the little loser is gonna be out after his fill in term. Hope he cannot collect the pension for serving half a term. And hopefully we will see his behind for good.

And yes the fraud happened in 2018 for Sinema. Late night unknown poll ballots just happened to show up and put her slightly ahead of McSally who had been leading when the polls supposedly CLOSED. But we woke up to Sinema winning. It won’t happen like that again. The voting laws got tougher after 2020 and the maricopa audit.

Too bad Ducey and our state attorney did not decertify the election results but as usual the rino GOP have no guts. All talk and no action. But now we know and will vote accordingly. Burny our state attorney will not be my pick for the primary against Mark. He is a rino for certain. Sick of the good old boys of the rino go along get along bunch.

Reply to  SDOFAZ

AZ is one of those states that votes the will of the people.
Where are the voter fraud indictments?
When will convicted felon Sheriff Arpiao put them in pink undies?
The Whiteheads rule AZ.

Lynn Munoz
Lynn Munoz
Reply to  AlbertK

shaddup

AlbertK

Only a God Damn idiot would have picked Pence for Vice President.

AlbertK

The Republicans had no hope in 2020.
The Democrats won the Trifecta.

AlbertK

Was General Miley one Trump’s better choices?
Even better than Pence?

Donna Calandra

Corrupt NY is doing the redistricting thing to give more power to the demOrats and until we get rid of NYC the rest of upstate NY will suffer

Reply to  Donna Calandra

The majority of upstate is Liberal.

You will continue to suffer until, like Trump, you move to Florida

the Don 831
Reply to  AlbertK

but leave you liberal garbage back there

AlbertK

I am enjoying my enterprising career tap, tap tapping on my little keyboard for US $.05 per post. I have my benefactor and boyfriend, the venerable Mr. Soreass to thank for this. Soon I will be joining the ranks of the super rich! Jealous? 🤑

Reply to  AlbertK

The Joy of Conspiracy Therapy.

AlbertK

What was the Republican choice for 2020?

the Don 831

you are going to enjoy it in prison mikey. lots of goodies.some of them hurt.enjoy

Win
Win

The redistricting was just fine with the demonrats when Obama was going all over the states with his friend in office doing redistricting in favor of dems.

Donna Calandra

Of course Hochul of NY is doing this to give the demOrats an edge, but I don’t care will never vote for another demOrat in state or federal elections. (now our county rino it really doesn’t make a difference so open on that one)