Mark Esper Reveals Trump’s ‘Outlandish’ Foreign Policy Proposals

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Army Gen. Mark A. Milley hold a joint press conference at the Pentagon, Washington, D.C., Jan. 30, 2020. (DoD Photo by Army Staff Sgt. Edwin J. Pierce).

Former Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, says that former president Trump proposed a number of “outlandish” foreign policy proposals while he was in the White House.

According to Esper’s upcoming memoir, in 2019 shortly after being tapped to lead the Pentagon, Trump was reportedly fixated on issues within NATO and corruption in Ukraine despite the national security and foreign policy team trying to tamp down Trump’s concerns because they weren’t considered top concerns at the time.

According to reports from The Hill:

Trump also said he wanted a “complete withdrawal” of forces from South Korea and that he wished to “bring our people home” from embassies in Africa, according to Esper.

“None of this was in our nation’s interests, and as I calmly responded with facts, data and arguments, I saw some irritation in him — I was the ‘new guy’ pushing back,” Esper wrote. “I knew right then and there that this job would be far more challenging than I had anticipated, to say the least.”

The excerpt comes as Esper’s book, “A Sacred Oath: Memoirs of a Secretary of Defense During Extraordinary Times,” offers a number of bombshell allegations against Trump, including that the former president proposed launching missiles into Mexico to strike drug labs run by the cartels.

“He was a lightweight and figurehead, and I realized it very early on,” Trump said in a reaction to Esper’s claims.

Esper has also accused Trump of threatening to deploy 10,000 active duty troops to Washington, D.C., to quell protests in the June 2020, which Esper claimed he blocked. Trump has denied Esper blocked him from doing anything.

Esper served as secretary of Defense from 2019 to November 2020 when President Trump fired him.

Donal
15 days ago

we would never believe what these backstabbers say about President Trump

The Old Dog
The Old Dog
15 days ago

Poor Esper, he doesn’t have the guts to make his accusations while the victim of his disloyalty could have taken him on. Now, he’s posturing as the would-be savior, and expecting to make a pile of money out of his K I B (knife in back) book.

maxibaby
maxibaby
15 days ago

????

CGR37912
CGR37912
15 days ago

Esper was never a reliable source. Besides everything Trump wanted just like other presidents, they don’t always get. Trump is no different. The only difference between Trump and everyone else, Trump had to take the long version of asking to get help from the people he needed to do something he asked. Instead, they were all out creating their own way of saving the country from the big mean Orange man.

Art Kehoe
15 days ago

I agree with EVERYTHING that Pres Trump
was trying to get done!!! Esper is a LIAR!!!
Firing Esper was awesome!!! Trump remains
relevant, Esper is a PUNK TRAITOR, Left Wing
DIMOCRAP!!! Go AWAY!!!

OleDad
OleDad
15 days ago

All one needs to do is review the State Dept and National Security witnesses (Fiona Hill and others in her panel) in the second impeachment trial of Trump. They told us all we needed to know, unwittingly, about their disloyal actions. The Deep State have their views and patterns, and worked against the new directions Trump brought to the stage… directions he was voted in to do by the American People. Esper is one of those Deep State operatives. He and others like McConnell, Romney, Cheney, Kinzinger, Graham, McCain, Collins, et al are like the Scottish royalty who betrayed William Wallace for lands and titles from the King of England, betraying the very Scottish people they were supposed to defend. Never forget that Brennan and Clapper lied to Congress and the American people concerning their role, and the role their agencies played, in taking down Trump.

OldestSeaDog
OldestSeaDog
15 days ago

IF YOU WANT TO MAKE MONEY, WRITE A BOOK

YESSIRREEBOB, IF YOU WANT HEADLINES, MONEY AND MEDIA KISSING YOUR BEHIND….all you have to do is write Anything TRASHING President Trump..

One other requirement besides trashing President Trump in said book, you cannot say anything that is truthful and honest.
LOL

Ethel Walker
Ethel Walker
15 days ago
Reply to  OldestSeaDog

I agree 1000%!!! President Trump did SO MUCH GOOD FOR CITIZENS OF AMERICA. during his short 4 years… More than any other President in 8 years!!! He did it ALL while being ridiculed daily by the demonRats and lied about in the FAKE NEWS and then didn’t have the backing within his own party from the RINOS like mitch McConnell!!!!! I try to keep abreast of what the far left radical demonRats are up to and I made a point to follow President Trump on all his news conferences!!! If I hear something out of obiden’s mouth…I saw him say it…if I heard something out of President Trump ‘s mouth I heard exactly what he said…not the “taken out of context” lies spewed out on the FAKE news !!! In my opinion, it is best to watch both sides and stay informed!!! During Covid, donated to us by communists, President Trump had daily, informative news conferences to keep us ALL informed of what steps were being taken to combat this Deadly virus!!! He was on top of it EVERY DAY. Then the LYING media accuses him of playing golf all the time!!! Grrr!!! The irritating thing in this time in our country, we have NO WALTER CRONKITE s who actually have integrity and actually REPORT THE NEWS NO MATTER WHAT SIDE OF THE AISLES it comes from!!! They SPEW out the BIG LIE
of the day sent down from the DNC!!! If you watch, each one of the FAKE NEWS channels puts out basically the exact same statement for any so-called breaking news…with the demonRats SPIN on it—the propaganda of the day!!! Sorry for the long post but I am 71 years old and I believe that President Trump is the BEST PRESIDENT of my lifetime and LOVES THE USA. I HATE THE CORRUPTION in our Congress and the backstabbing people in his administration who are trying to DESTROY OUR COUNTRY AND TAKE AWAY OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Tom J
Tom J
15 days ago

Esper is just another deep state drone who has never had an original thought!

John
John
15 days ago

well hell yea send some rockets in and bomb those drug factories in Mexico! This Esper idiot needed to be …. say it Don! ” yur Fired ” !

Madeleine
Madeleine
15 days ago

Truth is, that under President Trump the whole world had no wars, there was peace and prosperity and he Honoured god. These people honour money That is their God Now they are all sour pusses

Don
Don
14 days ago

Just another loudmouthed deep stater gum flapping with his traitor buddy Milley beside him.

Frank W Brown
Frank W Brown
14 days ago

Jackwagon gets FIRED and writes a book, what a ROACH, where’s my RAID???