The Top Republican 2024 Presidential Contenders

Photo by Gage Skidmore

Ron DeSantis

Photo by Gage Skidmore

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is Trump’s most serious rival for 2024 as of right now.

The Florida Governor is one of the most famous figures currently active in American politics; DeSantis has been at the forefront of many cultural and political debates since the start of the Biden administration.

Philip Byler
Philip Byler
13 days ago

Stop kidding yourself. It will be and should be Trump 2024. No other possibility has run a national campaign much less received the highest and second-highest number of votes as a Republican for President. Trump’s 2020 total was 13 million more than Romney in 2012, 16 million more than McCain in 2008, and 13 million more than GW Bush in 2004.

jerry
jerry
13 days ago

De Santis seems like the logical 1st choice IMO

Janie Kelley
Janie Kelley
13 days ago

Pence is a traitor RINO. I would never vote for him for anything 🤬👹

MNIce
MNIce
8 days ago
Reply to  Janie Kelley

He does ONE thing you disagree with, and to you he is an unforgivable RINO? That’s a pretty narrow definition of what constitutes a Republican.

By the way, I have yet to have anybody explain to me from the text of the Constitution how the President of the Senate gets the authority to challenge Electors from the task of opening Elector Certificates. Are you up to the challenge? Look first at the Twelfth Amendment.

Capt Rich
Capt Rich
13 days ago

I have been a Conservative Republican all of my adult life – there is only 1 Republican on your list who would be in contention with Trump and that is DeSantis the rest are just names nobody pays attention to

MNIce
MNIce
8 days ago

If possible, we should pick a candidate who has executive experience as well as strong principles. At the top the list among these are Donald Trump, Ron DeSantis, Kristi Noem, and Nikki Haley. Trump and DeSantis have a further advantage in having demonstrated firmness and the ability to manage in the face of hostile opposition.

Ted Cruz may not have a lot of official executive experience, but he is a quick study, and appears to be able to organize people to work together. I don’t hold his slow endorsement of Donald Trump against him, considering that Trump called him “Lying Ted,” which is a mortal insult to a traditional Texan (that made me slow to endorse Trump, but his performance as President earned my approval).

Dave Pfaff
Dave Pfaff
8 days ago

Trump – DeSantis ticket. Trump can only serve one more term, so he is in for 4 years, then DeSantis takes over for the next 8 years.