Leftist Jokester Makes Startling Admission

Gage Skidmore Flickr

The leftist comedian Jimmy Kimmel hosts ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! admitted that he lost over half of his fanbase because of his anti-Trump jokes. The shocking admission comes days before the polls close in the midterm elections, where Republicans are poised to take back both the U.S. House and Senate comfortably.

“I have lost half of my fans — maybe more than that,” said Kimmel, saying, “10 years ago among Republicans, I was the most popular talk show host.”

Fox News reports:

He said when former President Trump was first running for office ABC executives “hinted” he should back off on his jokes about the candidate.

“I just said, ‘If that’s what you want to do, I understand and I don’t begrudge you for it, but I’m not going to do that,’” the comedian told co-hosts Phil Rosenthal and David Wild.

He said he agreed that being more neutral in his comedy would help the ratings and he told executives, “If you want somebody else to host the show, then that’s fine. That’s OK with me. I’m just not going to do it like that.”

He said the executives backed off because they knew he was “serious.”

Kimmel continued, “I couldn’t live with myself [otherwise],” adding that he is “proud” to be very anti-Trump. He said, “there’s a sacrifice you make when it comes to your audience and you could do pretty well if you just stayed down the middle.”

Kenn Talbot
Kenn Talbot
1 month ago

If it makes Kimmel feel any better, I never watched him, ever, so technically I am one Republican he didn’t actually lose.

Victoria Baldwin
Victoria Baldwin
Reply to  Kenn Talbot

That makes two of us!

Robert Page
1 month ago

What in the world makes Jimmy Kimmel think anyone cares what he thinks. He may have lost a considerable number of his “fans” but I would submit it was because he was just mean spirited and not funny. The part where he says he would not try to be less anti Trump because that would seemingly fracture his sensibilities is the funniest thing he ever said. He should use that in his monologues. It might return some of his unknown fans. Thay are of course all or most all in witness protection.

James Wood
James Wood
Reply to  Robert Page

I couldn’t agree with anyone more –

Mutzika
Mutzika
Reply to  Robert Page

Still a putz

Kevin Thomas
1 month ago

He’s no comedian. Kimmel has always been an overrated putz, even on “The Man Show”… he wasn’t funny then but his partner was funny. Adam Carolla and he’s funny still!

Ruby
1 month ago

Raise your hand if you care what he, whoever he is, says. I don’t see no stinking hands out there.

elemteacher
elemteacher
1 month ago

I can think of other talk show hosts who made political jokes, but they did it for both sides, and the people loved them. Kimmel restricted himself to NOTHING but anti-Trump votes. And most of the time there was no humor in them–just stupid stuff. A true artist connects with his audience and can gauge where they are to lead them on, Kimmel just blustered through with his own agenda. He’s a woke, triggered, sophomoric wannabe. I have absolutely NO respect for him as an entertainer or as a person.

elemteacher
elemteacher
Reply to  elemteacher

anti-Trump JOKES–sorry

Rodeo
Rodeo
1 month ago

Never watched him or NFL after Kimmer’s BS and all the kneeling.

Wendy
Wendy

Go woke, go broke.

Blueberry
Blueberry
1 month ago

Republicans are not interested in hearing a person who doesn’t know anything, criticize one of the best Presidents we ever had. So he doesn’t like Trump’s personality. Who cares? Anybody with half a brain would know that Trump’s policies were sound and good for the American people. Every group prospered. Under Kimmel’s guy the people are suffering. But I doubt he cares. As long as he thinks he is with the in group, that’s all he cares about.

beto
beto
1 month ago

cry baby jimmy is a jackass

Henry Hoff
Henry Hoff
1 month ago

I’ve never enjoyed Kimmel’s “humor”!

vinnie
vinnie
1 month ago

Jimmy Kimmell had a “Fan-base”??? Who Knew?

vinnie
vinnie
1 month ago

All Politicians have their moments, as well as comedians or those that think they are comedians, however, cracking jokes and making up Stuff that you think just might be funny at someone else’s expense is not funny to everyone as has been proven in the past so here’s where choices enter the picture. Comedians like Jonathan Winters, Red Skelton, and Flip Wilson are just a few that success found and supported throughout their careers and Late night Talk show hosts that were also successful, like Steve Allen, Johnny Carson, Jay Lenno, Dave Letterman, are also included but lately, Greg Gutfeld seems to be carrying the Torch of “Late Nighters” because he and his crew and guests really understand what is FUNNY and they DELIVER IT!

Chainlink700rt
1 month ago

Ole Kimmel trying the ole switch a roo
Attitude. He knows the democrats were in fact extremely jealous of the real president of the United States Donald J Trump, and he did all he could to ruin it for Trump.
Get another job Kimmel, and shut up leave us alone.

realitybasedbob
realitybasedbob

“Ron DeSanctimonious.”

trump-open-mouth-afp-768x413.jpg
msgleo
msgleo
1 month ago

I’m ever prouder to be very anti-Kimmel.

Mutzika
Mutzika
1 month ago

Jimmy Kimmel is on too late at night
disrupts sleep cycle
beside use time better with hands in prayer rather than to listen to some off color jokes
on will have more peace within
seriously