Another Indictment in Jack Smith’s Investigation
- Former President Donald Trump announced an indictment stemming from Special Counsel Jack Smith’s January 6th investigation.
- Trump labelled the potential charges as an attempt to meddle with the 2024 Presidential Election.
- Trump revealed his then-expectations via Truth Social, questioning why the indictment was not presented earlier and suggesting its timing is politically motivated.
“I hear that Deranged Jack Smith, in order to interfere with the Presidential Election of 2024, will be putting out yet another Fake Indictment of your favorite President, me, at 5:00 P.M. Why didn’t they do this 2.5 years ago? Why did they wait so long? Because they wanted to put it right in the middle of my campaign. Prosecutorial Misconduct!”
“Also, why are they putting out another Fake Indictment the day after the Crooked Joe Biden SCANDAL, one of the biggest in American history, broke out in the Halls of Congress??? A Nation In Decline!”
Second Indictment for Trump
- This marks Trump’s second federal indictment in connection to Smith’s probe.
- Trump, currently leading in the Republican presidential primary for 2024, has already disputed 37 charges concerning alleged inappropriate possession of classified documents during his term.