Breaking: Former President Trump Makes His Entrance At The Manhattan Courthouse For His Latest High-Profile Trial.
Trial Start: Key Details
- Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial initiated by New York Attorney General (AG) Letitia James commenced Monday.
- Allegations include Trump and the Trump Organization inflating net worth and assets value, with his children’s assistance.
- Ivanka Trump, initially named as a defendant, was dismissed from the case due to statute of limitations considerations.
Watch Trump Arrive At The Court House Here:
— Attentive Media (@AttentiveCEE) October 2, 2023
Judge Engoron’s Ruling
- Judge Arthur Engoron rejected Trump’s trial delay request and concluded that deceptive practices were used to inflate asset values.
- Engoron’s decision affects the Trump Organization’s business licenses and introduces independent oversight of its operations.
- Trump’s legal representation criticized the judge’s decisions as fundamentally flawed, maintaining the organization’s success and legality.
Withdrawn Lawsuit and Depositions
- Trump withdrew a lawsuit against AG James aimed at stopping investigations into his businesses, following a judge’s criticism of frivolous legal actions for political gain.
- Despite initial reluctance and invoking the Fifth Amendment, Trump participated in a second deposition in April 2023, answering the lawsuit’s questions.