McConnell Gets Unanimously Reelected as Majority Leader

Senate Democrats / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)

Mitch McConnell has been unanimously reelected as the leader of the Senate GOP,

According to Town Hall:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) was unanimously reelected as leader of the Senate on Tuesday morning, allowing him to continue his streak as the longest-serving GOP majority leader in the upper chamber.

Leader McConnell was nominated by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR), who pointed out the hysterical nicknames that Democrats give to Leader McConnell as he serves as a firewall against the far-left’s legislative agenda.

“…Mitch’s critics keep giving him nicknames intended as an insult that he keeps adopting with glee,” Sen. Cotton said. “A few weeks ago, someone called him the Apex Predator of American politics, which may be the best yet. I nominate as our leader, the Apex Predator of the United States Senate, Addison Mitchell McConnell Jr.”

In other GOP leadership, Sen. John Thune (R-SD) is expected to be reelected as whip, Sen. John Barrasso (R-WY) as conference chair, Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) as GOP vice chair, and Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO) as chair of the policy committee.

Chuck Schumer was also reelected as the Democrat leader.

Billy Q
Billy Q

Now pass Ted Cruz bill so dumb ass Biden can’t pack the court

ROSE
ROSE

what happened to kevin?

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  ROSE

He is the Minority Speaker in the House.

Walkin O'Shea
1 year ago

Interesting that Mitch McConnell is popular enough to be re-elected in his state, and then re-elected as leader of the Senate. But the President is not popular enough to be re-elected with a landslide. Something very wrong here, if it’s not in the Republican party then it’s with the electorate.

CaptTurbo
CaptTurbo
Reply to  Walkin O'Shea

Trump won in a landslide sans the vote fraud.

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  Walkin O'Shea

Or maybe voter fraud! 😳💥🤯

maxibaby
maxibaby
1 year ago

Congratulations you old “Apex Predator”, live long and make us all prosper!
There have been times through the years I have questioned your motives and wisdom only to find there were reasons you played the hand dealt to you in the way you did. There is nothing or no one perfect in this old world but, I don’t think anyone could have done a better job Mitch!

Fed Up WIth Liberal Activist "Judges"
Fed Up WIth Liberal Activist "Judges"
1 year ago

Now Mitch, first order of business: Fill ALL the remaining vacant Court bench openings with Conservatives/Originalists/Constitutionists ASAP! And do so before doing ANYTHING else, especially the stuff coming from Schumer or Pelosi.
Dead on arrival UNTIL ALL Court seats filled.

Noe Rodriguez
1 year ago

I have been saying the same thing. How in hell did Republicans win their states but not the president? All ballots have all the candidates in the same ballot. There are no individual ballots for every candidate. Can someone explain this?

Julia Gurule
Julia Gurule
Reply to  Noe Rodriguez

Apparently some were found but don’t remember which state. All Biden, no Trump!

Jim Dahlberg
Jim Dahlberg
Reply to  Noe Rodriguez

Read about what is happening in PA, MI, WI, MN, and a few other states with the chance of voter fraud. There all in the court to looked at.

luzzy
luzzy
Reply to  Noe Rodriguez

That is my big question too>

Patricia Outlaw
1 year ago

Unlike everyone else I don’t care for good ol’ Mitch. I think he is a fraud in every way and does not give a damn about the people. And I am a staunch Conservative. Never voted for a liberal in my life. Think we need some new blood. That is coming from an old lady. I would be very happy to see him gone completely. People are having trouble feeding their kids. I had to move to a cheaper apartment due to loss of hours. But for God’s sake let’s get a Supreme Court Justice taken care of. What about us you u a hole McConnell.

Patricia Outlaw
1 year ago

Ted Cruz should have been given the job instead of McConnell. I am a staunch Conservative and cannot stand McConnell. Do nothing piece of crap that does not support our president. Cruz hit the ground running and never lets up. Does he particularly like Trump. Probably not but he does support him as such.