‘Nope! Done’ Tucker Carlson Abruptly Ends Interview with Former NYC Officer

Gage Skidmore from Peoria, AZ, United States of America via Wikimedia Commons

Fox News star Tucker Carlson abruptly shut down an interview with former NYC corrections officer Ed Gavin after a discussion about policing in the country. Earlier in the day, Derek Chauvin has been found guilty on all charges in the death of George Floyd.

In the interview, Carlson asked Gavin who would possibly want to be a cop now after they have been so villainized over the past year. Gavin replied that this is a “learning experience for everyone” and people will still want to become police officers.

Per Townhall:

“Let’s face it, what we saw in that video was pure savagery,” the former corrections officer said. “I mean, the documentary evidence shows the police officer putting his knee on the perpetrator’s neck while he was rear cuffed and his stomach was on the ground, causing positional asphyxia.”

At a different point in the interview, Gavin again noted Floyd had been brought under control.

“What should have happened at that point, is EMS should have been summoned, and he should have been placed in an ambulance, and a supervisor should have been called to the scene. I just think that it was excessive…”

“Yeah, well, the guy who did it looks like he’s going to spend the rest of his life in prison, so I’m kind of more worried about the rest of the country, which, thanks to police inaction, in case you haven’t noticed, is, like, boarded up. So that’s more my concern. But I appreciate you coming on. Ed Gavin, thank you,” Carlson interjected.

Carlson quickly shut Gavin down when he started to respond, “nope! done, thank you.”

Watch the interview HERE.

Dee
Dee

Fair for who! The rioters? I’m sick and tired of looters, Antifa , cheaters, people who know right from wrong! They all should be in church! God won’t help devils!

henk_USA
henk_USA

deep inside the Ed Gavin’s blood is full of communism/socialism…

maxibaby
maxibaby
Reply to  henk_USA

Not sure Gavin was a good choice for this interview. Gavin is a former NYC “corrections officer” and probably was never a “street cop”. A street cop who has dealt with and has seen this kind of situation day after day for years would have a much better feel for what and why this happened. Not criticizing Tucker who is as gutsy and fearless a journalist as I have ever seen!

Walkin O'Shea
Reply to  maxibaby

Correction officers are like social workers and liberal lawyers always looking for the bogeyman to blame, never allowing for the fact that the victim can often himself/herself be the cause of their own circumstance.

Cowgirl Diva
Cowgirl Diva
Reply to  henk_USA

……and….marxism and maoism..!!

Joe from Georgia
Joe from Georgia

When the rioters start looting and burning its time to start shooting. anyone one who thinks that is too harsh, watch what you have worked for get burn to the ground. During the Rodney King riots in LA the Koreans shot a few that came to burn and loot their stores. They were the only ones who had no more trouble from the people looting and burning bussiness in LA

David Taylor
David Taylor

Back around 1958-59, the military here in central Texas was being blamed for every kind of conceivable evil – just like the police are today. One military payday, EVERYONE – from generals to privates – was paid with $2 bills. I still have two of them. The following week, news reports indicated that almost 90% of local purchases of all kinds were paid with $2 bills. Churches reported that the vast majority of money received that weekend was in $2 bills. Suddenly, people began to praise rather than condemn the military.

NOW, apply a similar solution to the get-rid-of-cops rhetoric. Publicly announce that beginning at a certain time on a particular day, ALL police officials will be placed in off-duty status for 24 hrs. Businesses and people will have to self-protect defend themselves. Police will NOT be on call and will NOT respond to any unlawful incidents or emergency situations. A taste of NO POLICE should shut up even the most anti-cop idiot. On second thought, better make that no more than 12 hours AND announce than ANY unlawful act will be investigated and severely punished after the designated period.

bonavajo
bonavajo
Reply to  David Taylor

Good idea but I think it s/b noted that people protecting themselves or property will not investigated nor charged with a crime. Like to see how many people flee to people who have guns for protection or ask them for protection.

sus
sus

First let me say I LOVE TUCKER…but I do think once Floyd was on his stomach, handcuffed with other officers right there he, Chauvin, needed to stop. IN THIS CASE I agree with this officer and I DO THINK officers are being abused currently.

parsley
parsley
Reply to  sus

The bystander’s cell phone video looked like that, but the police body cam video taken from another angle showed Chauvin’s knee actually in the shoulderblade or upper back area, as shown in the MPD training manual, according to what I read. Then, there was also the coroner’s finding that showed that the cause of death was Fentanyl overdose; about three times a lethal dose! Also, that report said that G.F.’s blood oxygen saturation was normal, in the nineties. That would not be the case in someone who had been asphyxiated. These findings were not widely publicized. Wonder why not? Did Tucker say anything about that?

MillieK
MillieK
Reply to  parsley

This is the first I have heard about those things. Shame on the media for not telling the WHOLE truth!

maria
Reply to  sus

And that’s the truth! I like Tucker, a lot, but by denying this police the obvious they created more hate!

Geb
Geb
Reply to  sus

That was not the reason this guy was on the show though, to repeat ad nausea what we’ve heard over and over and over again, and will continue to hear over and over again. I’m just annoyed Tucker didn’t stop the guy and put him back on track as soon as he began the rant.

George

I support my Police Dept. wholeheartedly! When I may need help , they are there. “If” they stop me while driving a car, “there’s a reason”. Just open the car window, put your hands on the steering wheel & go from there! AND “just DO what “they” ask you! In my 20’s I had a local cop “stalking” me. He’d “chalk” my tires in a 1 hr. zone & the “old buzzards” @ the repair garage would let me know to move my car! I went into the Bank & the teller called me “Mrs. …..THAT’s “WHEN” I “knew that this cop had a vendetta against me. I looked like ex-wife # 2. He DID ticket me following my husband home doing 33mph in a 30 mph zone.It was good that “we” knew some “cops’.”They “knew” him& his “feeling” of POWER! Luckily we moved from “the Burg”, but I always had eyes in the back of my head. I’m white, but I can “identify” with policing @ it’s worst.

Chris
Chris
Reply to  George

SIMPLE SOLUTION…COMPLY!!!

Robert B Sklaroff
Robert B Sklaroff

Tucker aired the interview, as befits a quality journalist; my only problem with him is his neo-isolationism despite the ongoing Islamist threat.

Truckmant
Truckmant

the jury chose to convict this man on all counts because they were scared of what these idiots would do to them and their families and the rest of the country. Because Our government is scared to put these people in their places and protect the rest of the people of this country we need to quit handling these people like kids and treat them like terrorists or a least grown people that know what they are doing is wrong treat them like any other lawbreaker

MillieK
MillieK
Reply to  Truckmant

I’m sure you re absolutely correct!

BellaBella

I like the way these people and pundits discuss a tragedy like they were discussing the weather. This case was complicated.

EricD
EricD

I never, ever trust any police officer or member of any military branch that is anti-2A. I’d like to believe that most NYPD officers are not anti-2A, but are compelled to enforce NY and NYC’s draconian gun laws. I hope so, anyway.

MillieK
MillieK
Reply to  EricD

What is ‘anti-2A’ ?

Merle

That sh-t doesn’t happen in Oklahoma, Texas, Montana or any other states where we carry a firearm everywhere we go. You frillies in California, Oregon, New York and Maryland can ask “What are you afraid of?” My reply is NOTHING but our so called Government.

Dear Mr. Ed Gavin,

You are a jerk and you should NEVER be put in a position of authority. It is fools like you who are driving our country to a very bad place. Why don’t you do the United States a favor and quit/retire and go live your pathetic life out somewhere else. You are a disgrace.

David Taylor
David Taylor

Nothing less than trial by mob

Eliot
Eliot

This was true during Vietnam…
It is true for every white police officer today as well…
We the Unwilling
Led by the Unqualified
Doing the Unnecessary
For the Ungrateful

Pete
Pete

Gavin must have been one of those “political” policemen – do what the power people want you to say.

Jawad
Jawad

Funny how the Monday morning quarterbacks who are so cocksure what the policeman should have done were never themselves policemen in such situations. George Floyd had a substantial rap sheet and was clearly an extraordinary criminal. And now he is enshrined all over the nation like some plaster saint, thanks to a bunch of Marxists and race-mongers who have been brainwashed into an article of faith that America is an evil, racist nation. Baloney!

Nikola's Notion
Nikola's Notion

He wasn’t answering the question.

bonavajo
bonavajo

I would not want to be nor would I advise anyone to become a police officer at this time. Until such time as the FBI and other government law enforcement agencies start treating BLM, ANTIFA and others as organizations for what they are, organizations that are trying to overthrow our government, and start arresting their members for sedition no one should become a police officer. We are at a crisis point with the survival of America hanging in the balance. I pray God will intercede on the behave of all peace loving Americans to save his nation from the people who want to tear it down. Amen

Maria E Gonzalez
Maria E Gonzalez

Wasn’t he vaccinated? Then he doesn’t need a mask. He is showing off, so that people can keep using mask after been vaccinated.

Elizabeth Estrada aka CHIAKIA

LISTEN UP…DEREK CHAUVIN is GUILTY of EXCESSIVE FORCE not MURDER. NO KNEE was EVER against the WINDPIPE. NO BRUISING on NECK or WINDPIPE. GOD Says HE DIED of ACCIDENTAL SUICIDE. HE took Xtra PILLS to go to the HOSPITAL not JAIL. HIS PLAN Backfired. From SamuraiQueen…GOD’S ADOPTED DAUGHTER…Forever. 😄😄😄

Bill
Bill

We are now living in a real Plant of the Apes

MillieK