Texas Gubernatorial Candidate Furious After Wife Arrested for DWI

Congressman Allen West of Florida at CPAC 2011 in Washington, D.C. vai Gage Skidmore

Texas Gubernatorial candidate Allen West is furious after his wife was arrested on Friday for suspicion of DWI with their grandchild in the car.

West and his wife strongly denied she has been drinking.

According to WFAA:

Angela West reiterated that she only had water and lemonade at a dinner before her arrest and that she had not been drinking alcohol or taking drugs, according to a statement on her Facebook page. Allen West posted pictures on Twitter of receipts from the P.F. Chang’s restaurant at Northpark Center, where he said his wife had dinner before the arrest.

Police said the officer put West through a field sobriety test, “which subsequently led to her arrest for DWI.” She was taken to the Dallas County jail, where a blood specimen was taken to determine her blood alcohol level. The results of the blood draw are pending.

West said she told the officer she would be “a little off balance in some of the exercises” because she previously had suffered an aneurysm.

West said she was taken to jail for a blood test after twice completing a breathalyzer test. West said the officer told her “I was doing [the breathalyzer test] wrong” and that she “tried again and again,” but that the officer ultimately told her she would need to take a blood test.

It remains unknown if West took a breathalyzer. But in most jurisdictions, the results of a breathalyzer test are not admissible in court.

Susanna
Susanna

The whole thing sucks. Sounds like a targeting of conservative people. We’ll find out. Possibly to hurt Allen West’s Gubernatorial election chances.

Richard
Reply to  Susanna

There are some cops out there that just can’t be trusted make him take a lie detector test.

MJB
MJB
Reply to  Richard

Why so he can fall back on the ridiculous “qualified immunity” BS they enjoy…

TJW
TJW

Dallas, not exactly the stronghold of Conservatism in Texas…. me thinks politics might be involved here.

motormouse
Reply to  TJW

I thunk I will have to agree with you totally

Steve Ford
Steve Ford
Reply to  TJW

Liberal crap hole

Elinor Ann deMendonca
Elinor Ann deMendonca

The people are targeting Conservatives. If Mrs. West had had an Aneurysm, they could have caused her more medical trouble. Giving the walking test on the road and then making her take the breathing test twice, would certainly give her trouble, especially if she had not been drinking. Puleeese, Policeman, Conservatives are on your side! Politics should not come into this. If the dinner bill had no alcohol you all must be wrong. With medical history, some do not walk in Military March Style. Y’all are just trying to take the Spotlight OFF the not even Acting President. Thousands of people are dying, women by the million are being suppressed, and the President doesn’t even realize what he had independently done. This is worse than Vietnam. He has shamed America and We the People.

SANDY
SANDY

If she has equilibrium problems she will not pass the put one foot in front of the other… believe me it cant be done.. sounds like he didnt get the results he was looking for sooooo , the rest is History… i hope they’sue the HELL OUT OF THAT OFFICER IF HE IS WRONG…

DrBarbara
DrBarbara
Reply to  SANDY

I also have an equilibrium problem, my doctor wrote a note for me which I carry with me at all times. But I’m not a high profile Conservative so the Liberal idjits won’t be stopping me. They just focus on people who are trying to drain the swamp.

Richard

If she can prove it in court with a receipt then that cop should be terminated.

Reply to  Richard

Just because THAT receipt does not show any alcohol doesn’t prove she had none to drink. Besides, did you note that no reason was reported as to the reason for the stop? Why is that? Instead of jumping to conclusions, wait for the blood test to be reported.

Pythias

This is a poorly written article. NO mention is made as to the reason for the stop. Wait for the facts after the blood test is reported before passing judgement.

Pythias

What makes you think that any alcohol she had would have to be reported on that receipt? She could have had some before or after and have nothing to do with that receipt. Use a little logic.

Marie Grace
Marie Grace

West is an honest man. If he said his wife had not been drinking…then she wasn’t…

uwe grunewald
uwe grunewald
Reply to  Marie Grace

release the name of the officer and his back ground

Roseann Carpenter
Roseann Carpenter
Reply to  uwe grunewald

This is a great idea, how many tickets has he given out that were questionable? IMO, the officer who shot Ashli Babbit, was too late being identified, thats just me

jjjjj
jjjjj
Reply to  uwe grunewald

Yes, immediately! Someone smells rotten in Dallas.

Susanana
Susanana
Reply to  Marie Grace

He was at the luncheon so he knew. Receipt was proof.

robert powell
robert powell
Reply to  Marie Grace

that is more than we can say for a Dallas cop..

Cliff Poffenbarger
Cliff Poffenbarger

It is time we all wake up. It has been clear to me something is very wrong with this two party system. It is no longer a two party system there are no checks and balances. One party has all the power and the conservative party has the virtue and good ideas. In 1962 John Kennedy allowed the Federal employees to Unionize. As a result fast forward to today. Every government agency and office are now Union members of which i have heard some 90% are Democrats. These employees Consider their loyalties to the Unions of the Democratic Party. Many of which will do anything to maintain their power. All the things we conservatives consider unfair, or wrong of course are used to raise contributions, but nothing to really solve the underlining problem. The Deep State is the Public Employee unions which have total control no matter which party is in office. Just look what they did to President Trump during his time in office. Look what they did during the November Elections. The Voter registrar, IRS, CIA, DOJ, Teachers, Hollywood, News Media ( which are part of Hollywood ), and all of the major trade unions all are against American citizens being free or to have the right to shear thoughts unless they agree with the left. The power is in their total control, and they are using it against common since. The unions put in governor Brown in California for two additional terms because they could control his every move, and give the government employees unions more power more Union jobs withe higher government paychecks, but less efficiency or responsibility. The same thing with President Biden. Most of the stimulus money went to government employees to do less or not work at all
( PAYBACK ). If you notice no one seems to pay for Fast & Furious, Clinton Emails, Muller Fraud, Hunter Biden, and all other crimes that any one with a conservative point of view would immediately be prosecuted for. This is the Deep Union State/ Democratic’s control they will have total control until America is destroyed. Instead of beating around the bush with each symptom of the problem recognition of the problem is needed to find a solution. There will always be differences of opinion life’s circumstances adjust our points of view, but total controle of our government agencies are leading us to be a Communist country. The Unions helped Russia become a Communist country, and history is repeating itself. There may be a few ways to change back to a balanced system with all the complications with so many Americans owing their livelihoods to the government. I have only been able to come up with one. Every Conservative at the wright time, change their party designation to a D instead of an R, and take over the Democratic Party including party leaders Senate and Congress. Since this is what the Democrats seem to want. Except we would all be one party I think with more conservative view points. This may take away from the union controle, and allow better representation. I don’t relish the idea of a D by my registration, but I would like to get back to both parties doing what is best to represent American interests. My thoughts continue to find a good solution, someone else’s thoughts may come up with a better one. I listen to a lot of conservative talk shows, and hear what they are saying but never quite getting to the cause of the problem I think it is the dominance of the Public Employees Unions.

Richard

God will punish the wicked unless they repent.

Roseann Carpenter
Roseann Carpenter

We are awake, we see this type of unusual justice all the time, of late. There is little we can do, since we do not march in protest, except vote, and IMO, that is threatened

jjjjj
jjjjj

Roseann, there is a lot we can do. We Conservatives can become more politically active. Some of us might not be healthy enough to attend protests and march, but we can attend local meetings and work to get rid of leftists and replace them with Conservatives. We can call, we can email, and when/if possible donate to the Conservatives that we’ve researched. NO SWAMP DWELLER will be on our list.

David Taylor

Cliff – – I was a young, devoted democrat from a devoted democrat family living in a highly democrat area of Texas. I was attnding Texas Tech and practically worshipped JFK. Then I realized, after he was killed, what the kennedy boys were doing to America. THAT began my conversion. LBJ opened my eyes. Peanut Carter was the final straw.

Douglas Rosenow
Douglas Rosenow
Reply to  David Taylor

Life’s biggest lessons are hard-taught, over time. Stagecraft and propaganda, plus a lapdog DemLib MSM, create myths like Camelot. And even now, another victim of JFK emerges from the murky past of his philanderings. Where are the Woodwards and Bernsteins to dredge dirt on the likes of Our Historic Organizer, and now the pitiful pretender to the Oral Orifice, Plugs Biden?

Valerie Matei
Valerie Matei

This is just another deviation from the screw up In Afghanistan. .

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
Reply to  Valerie Matei

They’re going to keep it coming until people move on to another story. They want very much to turn it around, blame President Trump and vindicate the empty suite in the WH.
We will NEVER FORGET!!!
Got that joe and heels up camel toe?????
WE WON’T FORGET NOR THE FAMILIES OF THOSE YOU KILLED!!!

David Taylor

Nine Island Girl – – Pleeze ! Get her name correct. It is Camel Eye Harass.

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
Reply to  Valerie Matei

I just responded to your post.
The post police is awake now. So they’re holding my post. Idiots!

nob
nob

I learned that you have to avoid certain TR-IG-GE-R words…

nob
nob

I learned that you have to avoid certain …. words…

Barbc
Barbc
Reply to  Valerie Matei

Remember when Clinton bombed the aspirin factory? Took the attention off the blue dress.

Papa Bear
Papa Bear

Sounds to me like a false arrest law suit in the making!

cashgirl
Reply to  Papa Bear

Boy, would I LOVE to see that happen! And it doesn’t say specifically why they stopped her — what was it that got their attention, that she just came out of a restaurant where alcohol is served? I’m a strong law enforcement supporter, but this sounds like a bunch of B-S and I hope the truth comes out very soon so the Wests can minimize the damage that may already have been done. 🙁

JMac
JMac
Reply to  cashgirl

The officer ran the plates, saw the name, figured out the “high value person” they were pulling over, and the rest is history. This is how ALL Conservatives are now going to be treated, so get ready.

Terry William Crane
Terry William Crane
Reply to  JMac

Thus is a hit job.I Know the West’s I rode my motorcycle in his group to the Seals Museum I have been to a dinner where mr’s West sat at the next table.Never did I ever see Mr or Mr’s West indulge in Alcohol..

nob
nob
Reply to  cashgirl

she was targeted.

John robbins
John robbins

Wonder who the arresting officer was and why he /she pulled her over to start with. Sounds politically motivated, wonder if they got an anonymous call to instigate the stop?

Tim Kuehl
Tim Kuehl
Reply to  John robbins

From what the truly honorable retired Lt. Col. West said on a radio show she allegedly did not signal a lane change. Yes, that is a reason for a traffic stop and possibly a citation but only if the driver is belligerent and I doubt if Mrs. West was belligerent. As far as DWI, I have my doubts but will wait for the blood sample to come back before voicing opinion on that. But in Texas, they had better of had a judge’s order for the blood draw or else it is inadmissible. And if it comes back negative which I am counting on, a false arrest suit is in order. And judging from the kind of man Lt. Col. West is, I’ll bet Mrs. West is of the same caliber and the Dallas PD and their officer will rightfully be in big trouble.

Betty Rickmond
Betty Rickmond

Allen West is a wonderful man.
I admire him for his dedication to
our country as a Lieutenant Colonel
and to the Republican Party. Many of
us have a drink at our Chinese Restaurants.
So what? I bet the policemen/women do,
also. Texas is lucky to have him and his
wife. Good luck Mrs. West and God
Bless you both🙏

Crosshairview
Crosshairview

Sounds like the cop was intending to make an arrest and couldn’t (or wouldn’t) believe she had not been drinking. If the blood test comes back clear, I’d put money on the “evidence” gets lost and they drop the charges albeit I wouldn’t put it past them to taint the evidence either!

Truthful
Truthful
Reply to  Crosshairview

I would not put anything past, these Democrat Bass terms!

Truthful
Truthful
Reply to  Truthful

Demonrat bass terds!!

Michael Kelly

The blood test should normally be the real proof of whether she had a blood alcohol level that would cause an unsafe BA Level for Driving. But the circs. sound suspicious. First not many people can pass the Field Sobriety Test because their subject to a subjective opinion by a Cop. Second 2 breathalyzer tests? Why? She must have passed the first one, for if the first test shows no alcohol in the breath, and if it shows BA over minimum then no need for a 2nd breathalyzer test. All these breathalyzers and BA Blood instruments have to have Calibration Reports available to the Public. The Hospital also has to make the BA Test results avaiable. Get a knowledgeable Attorney on DUI defense.

Reply to  Michael Kelly

According to the article, the cop claimed she passed the 2 breathalizer tests because HE was doing the tests WRONG. THAT is an admission to incompetence!!!!! Therefore, everything he did afterwards is also suspicious or incompetent and the officer NEEDS a lot more training to be a competent lawman. Commissioning incompetent persons and assigning them to active duty makes everyone from the person’s immediate supervisor to the entire law enforcement department liable.

Sure hope the Wests file a law suit for $Millions.

Djea3
Djea3
Reply to  David Taylor

If you have ever read the Federal documents on field sobriety tests, they have VERY specific VERY exacting requirements, including the number of seconds, type of movement of the officer’s hands, the exacting SEQUENCE and man other requirements. Failing ANY one of these requirements, the test is VOID.
If the officer could not properly administer a “blow” test, then it would be an impossibility for him to properly administer the VERY COMPLEX, VERY scientific and very exacting field test.
IF there is any known medical condition (as stated) and or the person is over 65 then it is illegal to use the field test for probable cause (federally determined). However current double blind tests have proven that a MINIMUM of 20% of all people fail the test, and that at age 40, 50% fail the test. This means that probable cause can NOT exist using this test.

Ken
Ken

Another way for the Demorats to try to throw an election of a Republican to office. I know LTC Allen West personally and he is a fine man. We have spoken in person and is an honest and personable guy who would be good for the office of Governor of the State of Texas.

julia
julia

She was forced to take a blood test. She passed. No alcohol. It was a disgrace because she had her grandbaby in the car. Both were taken to the police station. While she was inside, a cop took the baby to a curb so the baby’s mother could take the baby home. It was a disgraceful way of handling the situation. Keep in mind, Dallas government is extreme left. My husband got stop for not signaling to turn right. Another time for not wearing a seat belt. I finally decided to remove my I love America and second Amendment supporter sticker from our cars.

Susanana
Susanana

How does one do a breathalyzer wrong? If the officer was so incompetent as to mess up a breathalyzer, then they had no business arresting Mrs West to begin with. It appears to be targeted harassment. The blood results are definitely known by now. Poor reporting.

Frank
Frank

This will explain a lot!!!

Reply to  Frank

I watched the entire thing.

for the rest of you, here is a brief summation.
1) the officer was a black female officer and she was terminated.
2) the various police department members violated state and local laws
in the way she “secured” Mrs West and the grandchild.
3) Various government entities went to the West home to apologize.
THAT is a verbal admission of culpability AND CAN be used in
court.

G BAR RED
G BAR RED

THE VICTIM OF ANOTHER COMMIE SET-UP,
AND COVER UP OF INCOMPETENCE .

Born in SF
Born in SF

Allen: This smacks of a hit job because you are running for office. I am sure your wife is innocent and it will be proven, but nonetheless I am sorry she had to endure this garbage. Bless both of you.

cactusbob
cactusbob

Why is it taking so long to do the blood test? That should be the final answer, and any improper conduct could be a vital act.

david
david

Even though I like Allen West, I’m still scratching my head as to why he is running for governor of Texas…I’m voting for Abbott, I think he has done a great job for Texas during his term, especially, in these troubled times, and more importantly at the border…Why is West trying to split the party…why isn’t he running to unseat a democrat congressman…after all he was a congressman in Florida several years ago…I hope his wife gets a fair deal with her blood test and it comes back negative!!!

Roseann Carpenter
Roseann Carpenter
Reply to  david

Amen, David

Reply to  david

david – – we share a name. but we also share concerns about West running for Gov. Like Roosevelt said when running for election during WWII, you don’t change horses when crossing a bad river – something like that. I, too, am supporting Abbott for his third term. Texas is in a critical survival situation. I have read a lot of West’s comments, and he sounds like a demo in his criticism of Abbott. As you suggested, I would support West in a heartbeat IF he was running against John Carter for Congress or against John Cornyn for Senate OR any demoncrap running for ANY office. BUT – – his attacks against Abbott leaves “a bad taste in my mouth”.

The black female officer has already been terminated. I surely HOPE he takes DALLAS to court. He now has ammunition to sue for $Millions.

Jon
Jon

Field sobriety tests are designed so that NOBODY can pass them. They are totally rigged against the motorist. Breathalyzers can also be “preloaded” by an officer to provide false readings.

Reply to  Jon

Certain meds, like cough syrup or some pills, can cause a positive reading. That is why breathlyzers are not admissible in court.

Cliff Baxter

MORE DNC BULLSHIT 😑
I’m becoming VERY disappointed in our Law Inforcement community 🤔

Dede
Dede

They are so low. They can’t stoop any lower and yet they try. Soon we will need to give them a taste of their own medicine. They have no shame.

tzwksq
tzwksq

Perfect case for getting rid of “Qualified Immunity”. Then sue the pants off of Her or Him.

John
John

Wasn’t there another person from his campaign also pulled for a DUI in another part of the city at the same time?

Roseann Carpenter
Roseann Carpenter

I believe this to be another example of our two tier justice system. Can you imagine the inconvenience, this lady suffered, and in front of her grandchild. The statement of her health, should have caused the officer to rethink the balance test, this is another reason people tend to judge all police officers,IMO.

nascartom
nascartom

This is very interesting, the blood sample wasn’t confirmed at the site of the citation, and then they ( liberal-cops,) brought it to the liberal lab, can anyone see the fraudulent democratic party in action, here ???

David Taylor

Dallas county !!!!! That is a very stron demoncrap area – – – and West is a strong Republican. Does 2 + 2 still = 4?

Jawad
Jawad

Was she driving in a Democrat-run district?

NAncy

This smells of conspiracy to destroy her husbands career.

Donna Calandra

I can see a wrongful arrest and defamation of character if accusations are not true against the officers and police department. Imagine the trauma on that poor little grandchild

Carol Binkley

I had an aneurysm on 9/30/1992 – almost 30 years ago. I survived it thanks to God’s healing, but I have had balance problems since then. I understand this lady’s comment and totally support her. I am now 84 years old and still play executive .golf, but I have been through four different physical therapy sessions to help improve my balance. It is never going to happen, and I totally support Mrs. West’s statement. Give the lady a break!

Pythias

Make no rush to judgement, and that includes her husband. Just wait and let the facts speak for themselves.

Pythias

This is very incomplete reporting! No mention is made as to why she was stopped in the first place! Come on reporter! Do your job correctly or stay out of the media!

Oldclimber
Oldclimber

If breath tests are not admissable in court, then why could someone who passes one, or two, or three be charged with DWI ? I guess this is a Demorat jurisdiction with Demorat officer female who is looking to make a Trump out of her own pig’s ass.

Pythias

I bet this reporter will not have the balls to report the blood test when it becomes known!

Murphmeister
Murphmeister

Austin, Harris County by any chance?

jack
jack

DALLAS,!? Yeah, tell me about it. My wife and I were in dallas for a senior game national competition back in 2011.We opted to drive from florida rather than fly so we could stop in New Orleans. WELL, my vehicle has florida tags. the car was NEW (less than 6 mo’s on the road) so it did NOT have any defects. That did not matter to a dallas cop who just NEEDED to harass someone.(likely short on his ticket quotas) So, finding no issue with the vehicle he accused us of not wearing seat belts “properly” .Yep, “properly” ! we have a camera that is always “on” while the car is being driven..Videos interior AND exterior .The “cop” upon realizing he was screwed because we DID have the belts “on” .came up with the B.S. lie of improper use. Bottom line,”we” were the one’s who got screwed because to fight this crap we would have to remain in that sh-t hole another 2 weeks. So, i paid the $100. fine and left. We will NEVER visit Texas again .SO, yeah, the cops ARE quite likely lying..Too bad, there are some scumbag cops that ruin it for the honest one’s..

Jim
Jim

Not a big deal. Allen West would be a great governor!

Djea3
Djea3

Since she told the officer of the medical issue, it was unlawful to administer the field sobriety test as it is well know that she was outside the parameters. IF she was over 65 it was also ILLEGAL to administer the test.
I say that she needs to sue the hell out of the department when the BAC comes back as legal limits.
The training for field sobriety includes VERY SPECIFIC regulation as to administration and as to age and medical conditions. The officer KNEW of should have known that the test was not possible.
Most people do NOT realize that in some tests, 50% of people over the age of 40 fail the field sobriety test.
Think of that. 50% of all people over 40 might fail a test and that test is used for “probable cause”. It is a FAKE TEST in the end as in some tests those with a placebo had a MINIMUM 20-25% fail rate, regardless of age.