Grassley Announces Re-election Campaign

By Gage Skidmore from Peoria, AZ, United States of America (Chuck Grassley) [CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Iowa Republican Senator Chuck Grassley has finally confirmed that he will in fact be seeking re-election. For months, Senator Grassley kept Americans on their toes as some speculated he could be inching towards retirement. However, Friday morning Grassley announced on Twitter that he will be seeking another term.

Politico reports:

Grassley romped to a seventh term in 2016 by 25 points and will face former Democratic Rep. Abby Finkenauer in next year’s general election. If Grassley had retired, Republicans could have faced a messy primary in the race to replace him.

The plainspoken Iowan is a fixture of the Senate. He presided over the Senate Judiciary Committee during Republicans’ blockade of former President Barack Obama’s Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland as well as the confirmation of former President Donald Trump’s nominee Brett Kavanaugh, who faced accusations of sexual assault during his committee hearings.

Grassley also served in the line of presidential succession as the most senior GOP senator when Trump was president. He is currently the ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Grassley is a key member in helping Republicans win back a majority in the Senate.

Kaa
Kaa
1 month ago

thank you, senator grassley!! will support

Lydia Abbott
Lydia Abbott
1 month ago

Google is presently paying 10447 to 13025 every m0nth JHQ for w0rking 0n the web fr0m

h0me…>>> snagreview.tk

Donna Lindsey
1 month ago

MORE…MORE….MORE Hopefully more Republicans (with backbones) will step up and win the 2022 elections so we can get back on the road to taking back our country……that is if that demented bumbling old Biden & his evil minions have totally destroyed it!!

RRRoger
RRRoger
1 month ago

All RINOS need to go.
Who do we support to replace him?
We need a government that puts Americans citizens first and actual “Public Servants”.

JeffT0962
JeffT0962
1 month ago

Yes! This is great news; will support.

wilma d. smith
wilma d. smith
1 month ago

Thank you Mr. Grassley. We republicans need you.

Jerry
Jerry
1 month ago

Been a Republican all my life I don’t agree with him running he is a rino that actually doesn’t like Trump but in true swamp fashion will say whatever it takes. He is buddies with Biden and way too old and been in the swamp way to long. He didn’t give a shit when I emailed him about after being with the same company my entire working life 30+ years they fired me using restructuring my ass I heard along time ago most of corporate America get rid of you once you turn 60 grassley responded nothing he could do. Now tell me he cares about you only lining his pockets from his position kinda of sounds like Joe and hunter

John
John
1 month ago

I have a feeling what will happen with Grassley’s seat will be the wave of the future. I see Grassley remaining in office for four years and announcing his retirement if Iowa has a Republican governor. The governor will then be able to appoint a Republican to replace him and that person will have two years to get established in DC and to let Iowans get familiar with them.

Micheal
Micheal
29 days ago
Reply to  John

I have never thought much of Grassley, but I can certainly see the angle you are proposing and it is something I would rather see than him having to take the chance of losing to a Democrat in the primaries! That is the only good I see out of him running for another term.

jerry1944
jerry1944
1 month ago

didnt he turn more rino in the end I remember something about him that wasnt good

Boots
Boots
1 month ago

I love this man. Plain spoken, genuine, and truly cares for the American people. Win by a landslide Senator Grassley!

Cheryl Lynn Mohon
Cheryl Lynn Mohon
1 month ago

Thank you for your service and for running again.

ELLOYD_TUNT
29 days ago

The only plus point in Sen. Grassley’s announcement is that his victory could help regain the majority in the senate; other than that just another long of tooth holdover from the last century, and a poster child for congressional term limits!

Joey Baloney
Joey Baloney
29 days ago

We need term limits for the legislature as well as the judiciary for the same reason we have term limits for the executive. Serving in government was never supposed to be a career, and in fact, it was designed to be that way. But over time, with changes in the direct election of Senators and unchecked growth in their remunerations, we now have an oligarchy that is representative to no one but their “club”