Supreme Court Rejects Effort to End Airline Mask Mandates

Flyers at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport wearing facemasks on March 6th, 2020 as the COVID-19 coronavirus spreads throughout the United States via Wikimedia Commons

The Supreme Court rejected a bid to finally end travel mask mandates.  

Background: Under an executive order from President Biden, the Transportation Security Administration requires all passengers to wear masks on planes and other public methods of transportation in an effort to reduce Covid-19 transmission.  

What Happened: A man filed an emergency application on behalf of himself and his 4-year-old son, both of which are autistic and claim to be medically incapable of wearing masks for extended periods.  

The emergency application was fled to Justice Neil Gorsuch who handles emergency applications arising in several western states, and he referred the matter to the full court.  

The court rejected the request without comment.  

Details: Joining the father-son challengers was another man, Lucas Wall, who has sought to raise money and publicity from his legal efforts targeting the federal transportation mask mandate. Chief Justice John Roberts last month unilaterally rejected a separate challenge filed by the group.  

Context: This effort comes after the Court voted to block other pandemic measures implemented by the Biden administration. The Supreme Court voted 6-3 to block a vaccine-or-test mandate for large employers but voted 5-4 to maintain a vaccine mandate for health providers at federally funded facilities.

  1. This is INSANE! … the best place you can be if you are in a crowd… is a plane. The air-filtration devices they have on planes is second to none. here is a simple goodle search result…

    Most, but not all, commercial aircraft are equipped with HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters. … About 40 percent of a cabin’s air gets filtered through this HEPA system; the remaining 60 percent is fresh and piped in from outside the plane.Aug 28, 2020

    1. We don’t need it. This covid crap is just crap. If we let it alone we wouldn’t have this problem. Follow the money and you will find one of the REAL PROBLEMS. The other Big Problem is MARXIST COMMUNISM. WAKE-UP AMERICA AND USE THE 2nd Amendment, read it.

  2. This supreme court, is as phony,lately as racist,arrogant,senile,frail,old,fool,puppet,lying,slo,joe,that has a problem with telling the truth.

  3. Even the airline CEO’s admitted that masks are not needed. The supremes just couldn’t let the will of the people win. Idiots!

    1. The Supreme Court must not make decisions based on public opinion. They are to interpret the constitution and determine if govt rules are constitutional. They already ruled govt cant mandate private businesses, but airlines are already highly regulated by despots, and medical facilities that get federal funds are already controlled in many ways by govt bureaucrats. I’m against mask mandates. But SCOTUS ruled on what they are supposed to [even if misguided]. And I hate the TSA more than anybody.

  4. Supreme Court just broke the law again. They have NO jurisdiction about mandates for mask wearing. That has to come from Congress who makes laws. (Hopefully, Congress doesn’t do that) but mandates are not laws. Supreme Court is now guilty of treason.

  5. The Supreme Court is only supposed to rule on Constitutional cases and not what is “good for us” in the opinion of government officials. That said, on what Constitutional authority does Biden or any other politician or bureaucrat have to mandate American citizens to wear masks, close their businesses, close churches, restrict gatherings, quarantine the healthy and/or take experimental drugs, especially when it is proven that neither stops this or any other virus?

    1. Good point, well articulated: indeed they have NO authority at all. By the way, I know a JOE Kuehl, believe it or not! Watch Joe going up to a girl and say: ‘Hi. I’m Joe Cool.’

    2. If you have to ask, then it would take too much to explain it to you. I don’t LIKE the decision, but it was expected. SCOTUS already ruled FOR businesses to decide in general [except those who get Govt funds]. You might consider a civics and constitutional law class. It would explain a lot.

  6. The SCOTUS is appointed not elected and it is for life. Talk about not having to answer to the general population. These “judges” answer to no one!!


Your email address will not be published.

By submitting this form, I hereby consent to's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which permits and its affiliates to contact me.