The Zionist Organization of America has announced Friday that the organization will give President Donald Trump a “rarely given” Theodor Herzl Medallion award. The ZOA sent the announcement to their members, in a statement mentioning that they will be honoring the President for “being the best friend Israel ever had in the White House.” Most Israelis have positively perceived Trump’s position on Israel. The award will be presented to President Trump on November 13th.
“In the email to its members, the ZOA listed among the former president’s accomplishments:
- Moving the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem;
- Recognizing Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights;
- Brokering the Abraham Accords peace agreements between Israel, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates; and three months later, between Israel and Morocco;
- Removing the U.S. from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal;
- Stopping U.S. funding of the Palestinian Authority and UNRWA, a group exclusively focused on financing Palestinian refugees and their descendants;
- Recognizing the legality of Jewish settlements in Judea and Samaria;
- Being the first U.S. president to pray at the Western Wall; and
- Issuing an executive order to strengthen Title VI of the Civil Rights Act in order to protect Jewish students.”
President Trump called himself “history’s most pro-Israel U.S. President” back in 2019. With 71% of Israel expressing confidence in the President’s “world leadership” abilities. Pew Research Center conducted a study, also in 2019, that consisted of 33 countries which found Israel to be a nation with a majority of people, 55%, that approved of the President’s policies.
Read more on News Max.