Trump’s Promise of Retaliation
- Donald Trump, the former U.S. President, has recently hinted at a potential political countermove against President Biden’s Justice Department’s actions.
- He warned Democrats and assured Republicans that the situation will reverse in 2024 should he win the Presidency, saying:
“Look, it’s not my fault that my political opponent in the Democrat Party, Crooked Joe Biden, has told his Attorney General to charge the leading (by far!) Republican Nominee & former President of the United States, me, with as many crimes as can be concocted so that he is forced to spend large amounts of time & money to defend himself. The Dems don’t want to run against me or they would not be doing this unprecedented weaponization of “Justice.” BUT SOON, IN 2024, IT WILL BE OUR TURN. MAGA!”
Trump and the Charges
- Trump was confronted with accusations of criminal wrongdoing in his third indictment.
- He attributed these allegations to a politically motivated assault from his adversary, President Biden, and the Biden-led DOJ.
- Trump was indicted in Washington, DC, necessitating him to defend against multiple charges.
- These charges included conspiracy to defraud the U.S. and obstruction of official proceedings.
The Biden Factor
- Biden is said to have voiced his view that Trump poses a danger to democracy, and has stated since 2021 that the DOJ will be going after Trump for the January 6 protests.
- He has called for the Attorney General, Merrick Garland, to adopt a more assertive stance towards Trump.
- Contrarily, the most recent charges against Trump were filed just after Devon Archer, a former business associate of Biden’s son, accused Biden of involvement in dubious business activities – which as common occurrence, as Trump appears to be faced with a new indictment every time the Biden family is exposed for their overseas business dealings.