Trump’s 2024 Comeback: New Poll Shows Him Edging Ahead of Biden, Prompting Concerns for the Incumbent Campaign.
Trump’s 2024 Comeback
- Donald Trump has gained a one-point advantage over Joe Biden in a hypothetical 2024 election poll by DailyMail.com and JL Partners.
- Trump’s lead is influenced by a shift in independent voters and increased support from graduates, traditionally Biden supporters.
- Although close, this result acts as a warning sign to the Biden-Harris campaign.
- The survey involved 1,000 likely voters and has a 3.1-point margin of error.
- Trump’s lead is 45 points to Biden’s 44.
- Among independent voters, Trump has a two-point lead.
- In contrast, in June, Biden led with 42 points to Trump’s 38.
- Biden’s lead among graduates reduced from 25 points to 17 points since June.
Other Noteworthy Findings
- Trump was indicted in a criminal case last month, yet remains the prominent choice for the Republican nomination.
- Many independent voters questioned the legitimacy of Trump’s indictments after seeing his mugshot.
- Separate polls reflect declining popularity for Vice President Kamala Harris.
- Roughly 40% of respondents in the DailyMail.com/JLP poll labeled Kamala Harris the worst recent VP.
- Almost half of the participants believe Biden should change his running mate for 2024.