Trump’s Legal Situation Shakes Up Democrats 2024 Forecast
Trump Campaign Fundraising
- The campaign of former President Donald Trump raised $7.1 million after he surrendered to the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office, following a 98-page, 41-count indictment by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.
- Trump encouraged supporters to donate via Twitter and his webpage, resulting in the highest-grossing fundraising day of his campaign, $4.18 million, as reported by Trump adviser Steven Cheung.
- Overall, the campaign has raised nearly $20 million since Trump’s indictment for his alleged involvement in the January 6 Capitol Protests, and is expected to surpass $20 million soon.
Trump’s Indictment and Mugshot
- Trump, along with 18 others, was indicted by Fani Willis and special counsel Jack Smith.
- Fulton County required Trump to take a mugshot, his first across four ongoing criminal cases.
- The campaign leveraged the mugshot to sell merchandise with the tagline “NEVER SURRENDER!”
Trump’s Release on Bond
- Trump has been released on a $200,000 bond in the Georgia case, the highest amount among all co-defendants.
- The campaign has previously seen similar fundraising boosts following the former president’s three other indictments.