Donald Trump’s nominee for Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, was confirmed earlier this afternoon. If you didn’t know anything about DeVos before today, liberal Twitter is here to help.
According to liberal Twitter, she is LITERALLY the worst. Here’s why…
1. The programs she supports will cause children to kill themselves. Because nothing increases suicide like giving parents a say in where their kids attend school.
Yes, it really is. pic.twitter.com/yuuzXEdJti
— Ian Tuttle (@iptuttle) February 7, 2017
2. She’s so bad that liberals are choosing extinction
As our schools devolve into a fuckwitted, Jesus-humping hellscape, my decision not to have children is looking positively heroic right now.
— Geoff LaTulippe (@DrGMLaTulippe) February 7, 2017
DeVos was approved? If anyone asks when I plan on having kids again, I’m just going to shriek “DEVOS” with the fury of a thousand seagulls.
— Zoë (@UnbreakableMugs) February 7, 2017
Betsy DeVos is America’s new birth control. Hell nah, I’m not having kids if this is the future they’ll be thrown into.
— Sarah Dalton (@daltron_3030) February 7, 2017
3. She Lost the Popular Vote
That settles it. Her confirmation doesn’t count. It’s in the constitution. https://t.co/4I4T4E0YXS
— neontaster (@neontaster) February 7, 2017
Apparently no good Betsy DeVos hating teacher advised liberal journalists about the purpose of the United States Senate.
4. Her Preference for Letting Poor Minority Children Escape Failing Public Schools is the New Jim Crow
— CNN (@CNN) February 6, 2017
We know. It’s CNN. We really shouldn’t expect more.
5. She Will Ruin Television Forever
Now we’ll never get Firefly back THANKS BETSY DEVOS pic.twitter.com/dPx0l7zSuq
— Seth Mandel (@SethAMandel) February 7, 2017
Joss Whedon is one of the most celebrated film and television writers of the last two decades. Betsy Devos’ approval has left him a broken man. One less reason to watch TV.
Wait, isn’t ripping kids from the boob tube good for education?
6. Senators who lied on their resume to get a job they wouldn’t have gotten otherwise think she’s unqualified
— Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren) January 27, 2017
When you know something about being “unqualified.”
But yeah, once again, Elizabeth Warren is hysterically wrong.