Democrat Admits Democrat Brand is Toxic

Tim Evanson from Cleveland Heights, Ohio, USA, CC BY-SA 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons

Ohio Democrat nominee for U.S. Senate, Rep. Tim Ryan, admitted that the Democrat brand is “not good” for his campaign in many parts of the Buckeye State.

New York Post reports:

The 10-term congressman has distanced himself from the national Democratic Party throughout the race, drawing mockery from the Republican National Committee and Ryan’s GOP opponent, J.D. Vance.

“You don’t advertise that you’re a Democrat. Is that because it’s an implicit recognition it’s a liability here?” CNN correspondent Manu Raju asked Ryan during an interview Thursday.

“Yeah, well — I mean, the Democratic brand, as we know, and you and I have talked about this for a long time, is not good in a lot of these places,” the lawmaker answered. “And I tell people, ‘Look, I’m an American. You’re an American.’”

“What I want people to know is, in this environment, do you have the guts to take on your own party?” Ryan added. “And from my vantage point, for me, it’s a resounding ‘yes.’”

Formerly a battleground state, Ohio has become deep red in recent years, making Ryan’s chances of flipping the seat currently held by a retiring Republican very difficult. Ryan formerly had a failed run for the presidency, losing the primary to

SaveAmerica
SaveAmerica
1 month ago

Once Ryan gets to Washington—- a Big IF— he will vote straight Schumer. That’s all voters in Ohio need to know.

Randall Hart
Randall Hart
1 month ago

Not a dem that is trustworthy

Joan
Joan
1 month ago

Democrat policies are toxic! Stop voting for Democrats – we all know they vote together! Don’t believe when a Democrat says they are moderate. Democrats do NOT vote moderate

Just me
Just me
1 month ago

Trying to avoid party affiliation in hopes to keep his cash flow coming in. He’s a demoRAT – DUMP HIM!!

Frank Swart
Frank Swart
1 month ago

After the election it’s right back to “Democrat” ways. How many times have you seen a Democrat vote differently than what Pelosi or Schumer prescribe. They never cross the aisle. Vote RED.

Grace
Grace
1 month ago

He is being disingenuous, to be polite, a liar. If he is elected he will have to follow the party line and follow the edicts of his party,. whether he agrees with them or not. So, if it looks like a Democrat, talks like a Democrat and smells like a Democrat, it’s a Democrat even if it tells you it’s a Possum.

David E Wise
David E Wise
1 month ago

This guy wants to get re-elected and will say anything. Another Manchin..enuf said.

Don
Don
1 month ago

Someone remind Ryan that real Americans don’t dump on our constitution like Demonrats do.

American
American
1 month ago

As a lying democrat (it’s what they all do), this is how you try to get conservative leaning democrats to vote for you instead of republicans.

Steven Crosby
Steven Crosby
1 month ago

Mitch McConnel has to go!! What a real jerk!! He would rather lose the Senate than be ousted as the Senate majority leader !! Which is what will happen. Loser

Wrenchman
Wrenchman
25 days ago

Welcome to light!
Not only is the Democrats agenda toxic for him and his district;
It’s POISON for America!
Without the corrupt Media, there would be NO Democrat Party

Wrenchman
Wrenchman
25 days ago

If you even identify as a Democrat within the last 10 years…. You’re UnAmerican, sick minded, perverse and haters of the Military and Police in America!

Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor
25 days ago

“I’m not like the others” campaign slogan is a different kind of deception. It might work.