Donald Trump won office in large part because he promised to build a big, beautiful wall to stop the flow of drugs and people into America. Today, we have a better idea of what that wall will actually look like. As the Daily Caller’s Alex Pfeiffer reports:
Below are the requirements for the “big, beautiful wall.”
- The wall must be reinforced concrete and “physically imposing in height.” The government is aiming for a 30-foot high wall, and heights of 18 feet are acceptable, but nothing less.
- It should not be possible for someone to climb the wall unassisted, and it should include “anti-climb topping features.”
- The wall should also prevent digging or tunneling for at least six feet below ground.
- It should be able to withstand a minimum of one hour of people attempting to breach a foot wide hole using their fist, sledgehammer, pick axe etc.
- When it comes to the creation of a hole larger than one foot in diameter, the first 12 feet of the wall should withstand these efforts for up to four hours.
- The north side of the wall, which faces the U.S., “shall be aesthetically pleasing in color, anti-climb texture, etc., to be consistent with general surrounding environment.” In addition, “the wall fittings and fixtures shall be secured on the north side of the wall to shield from external attack.”
- Trump called for the wall to have a “big, beautiful door,” and the posting calls for the wall design to accommodate large mechanized vehicle sliding gates.
Do you like it? Would you add anything to the wall? Let us know in the comments.