Kamala Harris Grilled Over Russia-Ukraine Tensions, 2022 Election Concerns in Tense Interview

U.S. Senator Kamala Harris speaking with attendees at the 2019 National Forum on Wages and Working People hosted by the Center for the American Progress Action Fund and the SEIU at the Enclave in Las Vegas, Nevada. Gage Skidmore flickr.

Kamala Harris still hasn’t gotten the hang of interviews. During an interview with NBC’s Savannah Guthrie, the Vice President repeatedly failed to make a clear point and answer Guthrie’s questions about potential Russian aggression toward Ukraine and the 2022 midterms.

Guthrie started the interview by asking if President Biden gave “the green light” to Russian President Vladimir Putin to take aggressive action toward Ukraine. Guthrie noted Biden’s suggestion that the potential U.S. response would depend on the severity of Russia’s actions.

Fox News reports:

“The president has been very clear and we as the United States are very clear, if Putin takes aggressive action, we are prepared to levy serious costs, period. And I will tell you that part of the posture that we have taken is grounded in the respect and the value we place in–” Harris said before being interrupted by Guthrie.

“I’m sorry to interrupt … I’m sorry to interrupt. But it is less than clear. Thirty minutes after the news conference, the White House press secretary had to actually clarify the president’s remarks –” Guthrie said before Harris spoke over her, appearing frustrated, and saying, “I’m being clear with you right now. And so if you’re interested, I’ll continue to be clear.”

“I will repeat myself, and I’m vice president of the United States, and the president and I work closely together, and I know his position because he’s been consistent in that regard. If Vladimir Putin and Russia takes aggressive action, it will be met with a cost that will be severe,” Harris said.

Then, Guthrie shifted the topic towards 2022 midterms, specifically President Biden’s rhetoric question the legitimacy of this year’s elections which are expected to favor Republicans.

“[Biden] openly cast doubt on whether the 2022 midterm elections would be legitimate. He said it all depends, which is astonishing to hear a president question whether our elections will be legitimate. We’ve heard it before, but not from this president. Is he really concerned that we may not have fair and free elections?” Guthrie asked.

Instead of directly answering Guthrie’s question VP Harris pivoted to voting rights legislation that was defeated by Republicans on Wednesday. The two continued to go back and forth as Kamala continued to avoid giving a direct answer over Biden’s shocking rhetoric.

Watch Kamala go off the rails HERE.

[Read Next: Psaki Forced to Do Damage Control After Biden Claims 2022 Midterms may be ‘Invalid’]

Rob
Rob

Never a direct answer on anything. How pathetic. If you were to ask the VP what time it is, she would tell you how the Earth goes around the sun and the four seasons that affect the climate.
Tha is, if she even knows any of this.
The VP, president, Pelosi, Chuckles and the rest simply cannot be trusted. Period.

Reply to  Rob

Kamala Harris is almost as big an embarrassment as Joe Biden. My God, it is actually scary to think that Biden – Harris – Pelosi are the 3 top people in our government. The rest of the world is laughing at us.

Candy
Candy

Well waiting for approval, What did I say is not the ruth????

Reply to  Candy

I know how you feel. They do the exact same thing to me all the time.

SDOFAZ
Reply to  Casey

Your right is to be heard. Ignore all the responses especially if they are negative. Who cares what they think if you feel your words and response represented your thoughts. So far we can still say what we want and should fight for that right. No followers for you are Candy. You both speak up Casey. Keep doing if.
Just don’t go all Hess in your responses. That guy is a raving Troll nearly every post. Reminds me of AKLady a past troll and likely one of his past personas.
I think the people climate these days is extremely rude. It is depressing to deal with all the actual stupidity of the flaming liberals these days. I felt the same during Bozo’s entire term. But I always vote. With these idiots and the fraud it is our citizen duty to vote.
AND I have to say there are more of us than the kooks of the left and now we all know they lie. Their promises attracted some and their election fraud was gigantic but their actions did not follow their words as soon as they were in office. Though perhaps they did push their lies for socialism and thus why nearly everything they have tried to pass was killed. It is time for everyone to vote em out. 2022 will be a landslide and 2024 will be another landslide for the DNC.

SDOFAZ
Reply to  Candy

Say whatever your feel about all of this and don’t look for their approval. Fortunately we can all express ourselves and vote accordingly still. However that free speech and voting is threatened by the dimwit nitwits today and 2020 was an outright illegal steal. Push the state congress to add laws that will protect our vote and our voices. And say whatever you want Candy. I like all your posts. Keep making sure your voice heard girl.

Alan
Alan

The clearest Kamala has ever been is when she heavily criticized OBiden during the Dems big debate when they were choosing their candidate. She was clearly against Slo Joe then and still seems to be even now. She is not Presidential material.

MillieK
MillieK
Reply to  Alan

…..And NEVER WAS .

Reply to  Alan

She is not Vice President material either.

George Myers
George Myers

Useless idiot. Such a tool with a Capital “T”.

Gene Ralno
Gene Ralno

Let’s face it. Our president isn’t capable of leading at his elected level. He’s far better at plagiarizing undergrad material.

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl

Neither o-bite-me or this woman who works best on her knees are smart enough to hold these positions. They have no clue what they’re doing. Which then begs the question???
Who’s running the United States of America?

modoc

You know,the thing!

SDOFAZ

So an election free of fraud will be illegitimate to Biden? Wonder if the dimwit nitwits will try to ignore being voted out and claim the votes are fraudulent? dimwit nitwits equal POS!

michael zlab
michael zlab

WOW!!!! She sure can dance around a question!

DBt
DBt

So basically, the 2022 elections won’t be legitimate when they are using thge same rules as the 2020 election? My take away on this is this, Biden just said the 2020 elections were NOT legitimate!

Cletis Hatchet.
Cletis Hatchet.

Our country has been taken over by people with a 3rd grade education.Pot heads with no memory of what happen 15 min ago.Why our Military has NOT arrested these people is beond me?????We have been taken over.What the hell are they waiting for?OH ya,may be they are part of this ?It will not be long now.When Martial Law is declared and Our military come to arrest people who will it be,the good people or the bad people????

buzzard33
buzzard33

I find it hard to believe that states have made it difficult for citizens to vote. That is total BS. The Dems want mail in voting so they can cheat, period. The mom with 3 kids that she is talking about, why wouldn’t she have someone watch them while she went to vote if that were the case? All of a sudden that is a problem?

Roseann Carpenter
Roseann Carpenter
Reply to  buzzard33

Oh yeah, buzzard, and who of us has not had our kids watched, or had them in school, on election day, this is no excuse for even ABSENTEE BALLOTS, much less the mail in stuff. these dishonest thugs, IMO, want to ballot harvest and promote illegal voting. The moms I know, know how to get to the polls

Roseann Carpenter
Roseann Carpenter

How very sad for our country! This pathetic excuse for leadership frightens me more than our enemies, just saying