President Donald Trump Gives His Take On The Resurgence Of COVID-19 Lockdowns And Mandates.
Trump COVID-19 Lockdowns and 2024 Election
- Former president Donald Trump alleges that “left-wing lunatics” are pushing for new COVID lockdowns and mandates to influence the 2024 presidential election.
Trump: “The left-wing lunatics are trying very hard to bring back COVID lockdowns and mandates with all of their sudden fear-mongering about the new variants that are coming. Gee-whiz, you know what else is coming? An election.”
- He claims the motive is to induce hysteria, advocating for more lockdowns, censorship, mail-in ballots, and trillions in political ally payments.
Trump: “They want to restart the COVID hysteria so they can justify more lockdowns, more censorship, more illegal drop boxes, more mail-in ballots, and trillions of dollars in payoffs to their political allies heading into the 2024 election. Does that sound familiar?”
- Trump assures that if re-elected, he’d curtail federal funds to entities imposing mask or vaccine mandates.
Trump: “But to every COVID tyrant who wants to take away our freedom, hear these words: we will not comply. So don’t even think about it. We will not shut down our schools. We will not except your lockdowns. We will not abide by your mask mandates, and we will not tolerate your vaccine mandates.”
COVID Tyrants want to take away our Freedom.
Hear my words— WE WILL NOT COMPLY. pic.twitter.com/Kql1YaxuO0
— Team Trump (Text TRUMP to 88022) (@TeamTrump) August 30, 2023
Current State of COVID-19 and Vaccine Mandates
- Schools, companies, and hospitals have reintroduced mask mandates in response to new COVID-19 variants, EG.5 and BA 2.86.
- The World Health Organization labeled the EG.5 as a “variant of interest” with a low global health risk.
- Hospitalizations have slightly risen but remain low.
- President Biden intends to request funds for a new vaccine and may mandate its distribution (again.)
Lockdown Impact & Public Reactions
- A study by the Institute for Economic Affairs highlights the negligible influence of lockdowns on death rates but underscores considerable indirect costs.
- These costs encompass learning deficits for young children. As well as adults suffering from increased drug and alcohol abuse, heightened suicides, and heightened isolation.
- The public response has varied, with some lamenting missed personal events and others criticizing the discrepancy in lockdown regulations.