Poll Reveals Surprising Insights and Public Sentiment for the 2024 Presidential Election.
- In the latest CBS News poll, Donald Trump leads Joe Biden by a narrow margin of 50% to 49% among likely voters.
- 71% of participants feeling financially worse post-pandemic favor Trump, while only 28% would opt for Biden.
- 97% would choose Trump, crediting a better situation during his first term.
- Comparatively, a USA Today poll showed 47% trust Trump to handle the economy against Biden’s 36%.
Health and Cognitive Concerns
- Regarding finishing a second term, 34% believe 80-year-old Biden can, while 55% think Trump will.
- 55% view Trump as physically fit for the presidency versus Biden’s 28%. A significant 32% felt neither was physically apt.
- On mental fitness, Biden garners 33% confidence for a second term, Trump 51%. Interestingly, 23% doubt both candidates’ mental capabilities.
- Respondents describe Biden as calm and caring and Trump as tough and entertaining.
- A potential Trump-Biden rematch in 2024 has 64% believing the political system is flawed.
- Party perceptions are mixed, with 46% saying Democrats overly emphasize racial diversity and political correctness.
- Regarding the 2022 midterms and Roe v. Wade, 37% are influenced by abortion views in favor of Democrats, but 34% deem it irrelevant.
Survey Details: Conducted by CBS News/YouGov from Sept. 12-15 with 4,002 U.S. adults. The margin of error is ±2.1 points.