Seattle Group Stands by Decision to Charge White People ‘Reparations Fee’ at Public Event

Craig Talbert, CC BY 2.0 , via Wikimedia Commons

Two Seattle Pride Month organizers were forced to apologize for calling out an overtly racist. Charlette LeFevre and Philip Lipson wrote a letter condemning the Seattle Human Rights Commission for hosting an event that is only charging White people admission as a “reparations fee.” LeFevre and Lipson rightfully called it exactly what it is “reverse racism” but later walked back their comments after people began pulling out of their own upcoming event.

Fox News reports:

“It has come to our attention that an event called ‘Take B(l)ack Pride’ at the Jimi Hendrix public park June 26th is charging Whites only admission as reparations,” the pair wrote, asking the city to review the admissions policy. “We consider this reverse discrimination in its worse form and we feel we are being attacked for not supporting due to disparaging and hostile e-mails.”

“We will never charge admission over the color of a person’s skin and we resent being attacked for standing in those values,” they add.

In a response to the letter, the commission defended its racist practice and said that the event was not meant for Whites,

“We would like to recommend, if possible, that you educate yourself on the harm it may cause Seattle’s BIPOC community in your pursuit of a free ticket to an event that is not expressly meant for you and your entertainment,” the commission added.

Unfortunately, cancel culture won out yet again and LeFevre and Lipson issued apologies for their letter and for calling out racism in one of the sickest forms seen yet.

“We apologize for the inquiry to the City of Seattle regarding Take B(l)ack Pride, it was not meant to be an attack or divide but to ensure equality for all,” the pair posted on Facebook Saturday. “Capitol Hill Pride encourages community events and our mission is to recognize the LGBTQ+ community and all spectrums.

Baby
Baby
1 year ago

Those people are demonic morons.

Joe
Joe

Racist idiots.

Steve Sylvia
Steve Sylvia
1 year ago

Ah, Biden’s world where those who contribute least and do most harm are rewarded–as long as they vote Democrat.

Wharf Rat
Wharf Rat
1 year ago

Try that with the blacks – an all white, charge only blacks a fee, not meant for black persons event and then see how fast you are in jail, beat up, burned down and just disparaged. Whats disturbing is just how fast someone issues an apology for speaking the truth so as not to be “upsetting” and to not be “vilified”. We are at a crossroads where one direction is totalitarianism and the other is freedom. I fear that the moronic youth today and their skulls full of leftist claptrap mush are heading in the wrong direction and dragging those that are not paying attention with them. Time to take a stand for what is right and not let the thugs bully us. Vote in 2022 and change this nonsense.

skippy
skippy
1 year ago

I need it explained to me again. Why is it if it’s FOR whites only, it’s racist, but if it’s
for BLACKS only it’s not ?? Forgive me, but I am just poor white trash and that ‘line’
is just too difficult for me to see. Why is it blacks only bars, etc. is not racist, but
whites only is racist ?? I just can’t be ‘woke’, I guess. (Thank God) Woke is
Un-American !! I choose to be American !!

oldedude
oldedude
Reply to  skippy

Try setting up the “United Caucasian College Fund” and then asking for tax free status. How do you think that one would go over? Then file an application for support from the UNCF for your White son or daughter (or yourself, if appropriate)..

skippy
skippy
Reply to  oldedude

Why is there a Black caucus and not a white caucus, when blacks can
attend any party caucus ?? But whites can’t attend the Black caucus.
Talk about racism, right ?

Carlo
Carlo
1 year ago

Those racists are lazy pos. They were never slaves. Go get a job you worthless white haters. I don’t owe blacks crap. My family never owned blacks but paid tax dollars to support black families who had giant families while my family had only a couple kids because they couldn’t afford a large family.Reporations should be paid to white families for the tax dollars they gave to support black families and for dealing with non stop black violence.

Paul
Paul
1 year ago

Gee, I wonder how many dumb white idiots are going to attend that pos racist event.

oldedude
oldedude
Reply to  Paul

THAT is my question… WHY would ANY White person go to such an event let alone pay extra for the privilege? I suppose it makes them feel “virtuous”. It should make them feel like complete morons.

Pissed Off American
Pissed Off American
1 year ago

Be a cold day in HELL before I would even be there fee or No fee. Why would anybody support these idiots for any reason. This country is going down the tubes and gaining speed by the day. Amazes me how these Safe Space ,Rest Room Confused Snow Flakes go for this BS. They are destroying their own future by backing these commie clowns.

Duane
1 year ago

So many people today believe they are Entitled thanks to their education more than likely provided by your tax paid public schools. Wonder if their history class informed them weather Seattle was involved in the civil war or slavery.

oldedude
oldedude
1 year ago

It’s NOT “reverse racism”. It’s racism, pure and simple. Calling it “reverse racism” presumes that I (or my ancestors) WERE racist and/or even slave holders, based solely on one’s skin color, meaning, far from being “reverse racism” it’s “double racism”. Not only is one paying this fee because they are white, but they are assumed to owe it because they are white. Yet there’s Kamala Harris, who claims to have “grown up black in America”, whose family were some of the biggest slave owners of the last 500 years. Fewer than 11 Southerners in the USA owned 100 or more slaves. Kamala’s ancestors had 3 huge plantations in the Caribbean, just one of which had over 350 slaves, with the other two plantations being only slightly smaller, yet Kamala Harris would not be charged this fee.

It’s not merely the “reparation fee” which is racist, it’s the assumption that being white is cause to charge it. That said, any white person who would go to an event like this and pay this fee is an idiot. A complete and utterly self-loathing moron. I will also point out that the fee is illegal on multiple counts even before we get to the fact that it’s being held in a PUBLIC PARK, which makes it not only unlawful discrimination but STATE SANCTIONED unlawful discrimination. The political and administrative leadership of Seattle should be both jailed and sued – personally and collectively.